News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Finally!!!!! Hopefully the final negotiations won't take too long. I guess we'll be seeing some form of coradia rolling down the lakeshore in the next 5 years
Crossing my fingers that we don't get something crazy that prevents financial close. I mean, given all that's happening in local and global politics, the economy and more...

A lot of people like the valley, and they're writing their opinion on it.
A lot of people, including the author of this article who is the Director of MetStrat. From their website: "MetStrat leads and supports comprehensive campaigning in the public interest."

i.e... this is paid propaganda

Isn't the Ottawa portion of the GO expansion part of the recovery act? It's aim is to get transit up and running as fast as possible with a clear deadline............2027. All projects that were granted funds must be COMPLETED by 2027 or they forfeit the money. This makes me think that all the infrastructure itself will be completed by that time. I can't imagine Ottawa giving Toronto a pass strictly because they couldn't get their acts together and if they do then every other transit system and city will demand the same.

Isn't the Ottawa portion of the GO expansion part of the recovery act? It's aim is to get transit up and running as fast as possible with a clear deadline............2027. All projects that were granted funds must be COMPLETED by 2027 or they forfeit the money. This makes me think that all the infrastructure itself will be completed by that time. I can't imagine Ottawa giving Toronto a pass strictly because they couldn't get their acts together and if they do then every other transit system and city will demand the same.
Sorry what? Ottawa portion?

Well what exactly does the funding cover (not to mention I don't recall the feds ever giving GO Expansion money). GO Expansion is almost certainly going to be done in phases, and we will likely see some sections of the network completed by then - this isn't like a new subway where there's a concrete opening date and set in stone "completion date".

They're absolutely right. Metrolinx could've at least tried to make the facility integrate with the park. Instead, they posted these long paragraphs that were basically non-responses, instead of showing how the feedback would be used to in a new design.

Some opinions on MX handling of Don Valley layover facility.

Hard to disagree with the article. Unfortunately it's the norm for Metrolinx.

A lot of people, including the author of this article who is the Director of MetStrat. From their website: "MetStrat leads and supports comprehensive campaigning in the public interest."

I'm curious, what about his actual argument do you disagree with?

Dingdingding we have a winner
ONxpress Transportation Partners was identified as the first negotiations proponent and EnTransit was identified as the second negotiations proponent.

ONxpress Transportation Partners
– Aecon Concessions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
– Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
– Aecon O&M, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
– ALSTOM Transport Canada Inc.
– ALSTOM Holdings SA
– Deutsche Bahn International Operations GmbH
– Hatch Corporation
– FCC Construccion S.A.
– WSP Canada Inc.

So basically choosing Aecon & Alstom over SNC-Lavalin & Siemens.

Absolutely no surprise really considering all of Alstoms current contractual obligations with Metrolinx after taking over Bombardier's role. In contrast with SNC and their recent scandalous history plus Siemens completely butchering the inital USRC corridor improvements contact.

Dingdingding we have a winner
ONxpress Transportation Partners was identified as the first negotiations proponent and EnTransit was identified as the second negotiations proponent.

ONxpress Transportation Partners
– Aecon Concessions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
– Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
– Aecon O&M, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
– ALSTOM Transport Canada Inc.
– ALSTOM Holdings SA
– Deutsche Bahn International Operations GmbH
– Hatch Corporation
– FCC Construccion S.A.
– WSP Canada Inc.
Any chance for EnTransit?
Well the jig is up! But the ring doesn"t bell yet. Watch out turnarounds!

Last edited:
They're absolutely right. Metrolinx could've at least tried to make the facility integrate with the park. Instead, they posted these long paragraphs that were basically non-responses, instead of showing how the feedback would be used to in a new design.
My issue is with heritage of the bridge. It's the second nicest structure in the city behind the CN Tower, I believe supposed to have a light display for the girders a la Eiffel Tower. And they want to put a building and parking lot underneath it.

Raises so many questions. Mind somewhat blown lol.

Whoever wrote the article used the applicants from the 2019 rfp
makes it look cleaner but definitely inaccurate

This is great news because if it's Alstom then it will probably deploy the Xtrapolis which, except for Paris RER, is almost exclusively single level trains like Melbourne Metro.

Well what exactly does the funding cover (not to mention I don't recall the feds ever giving GO Expansion money). GO Expansion is almost certainly going to be done in phases, and we will likely see some sections of the network completed by then - this isn't like a new subway where there's a concrete opening date and set in stone "completion date".
Agreed. I think we're going to see a lot of incremental improvements. There are probably quite a few track enhancements beyond the stringing of catenary included in this project, so we will likely see increases in diesel service levels before the electric component even comes online.

Back