News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

With Open Doors only 3 months away, what will ML have open for it?

As it stands, only parking to be have to see stations other Mount Dennis are Caledonia, Lard, Bayview subject using local plaza spots. Trying to find parking for the others stations will be a bitch.

What every stations get uses, would be nice to see ghost trains like they did for the Spadina Subway Open Doors stations passing the station.

Keelesdale, Science Centre, Bayview are connected with e-w + n-s service as well Cedarvale depending where it is at the time. Don't see Yonge being view at this time.

As it stands, only parking to be have to see stations other Mount Dennis are Caledonia, Lard, Bayview subject using local plaza spots. Trying to find parking for the others stations will be a bitch.

What every stations get uses, would be nice to see ghost trains like they did for the Spadina Subway Open Doors stations passing the station.

Keelesdale, Science Centre, Bayview are connected with e-w + n-s service as well Cedarvale depending where it is at the time. Don't see Yonge being view at this time.

Why would they need parking for Doors Open? Most Doors Open spaces don’t offer parking.

If only there were buses along Eglinton Avenue, where the Crosstown LRT will be? Oh wait...

Why would they need parking for Doors Open? Most Doors Open spaces don’t offer parking.
I guess you haven't Seen car folks pull up to open doors looking for a place to park?? Been asked a number of times over the years where can I park and said no clue considering I did for a few locations.

Some of of the out lines doors you need a cars to get to as transit sucks getting to/from them as well a lot of transit travel time.

I guess you haven't Seen car folks pull up to open doors looking for a place to park?? Been asked a number of times over the years where can I park and said no clue considering I did for a few locations.

Some of of the out lines doors you need a cars to get to as transit sucks getting to/from them as well a lot of transit travel time.
Never been to the States, where transit really sucks.

Never been to the States, where transit really sucks.
If you think transit sucks here, it 3-6 times worse there.

You are lucky to see service every 30 minutes to 60-90 minutes. RT lines run around 15 minutes to 30 on the weekend.

Been too long being to the west coast to say much about transit there these days.

Once outside Toronto, headway can jump to 30 minutes and no service on Sunday. Brampton, Mississauga and Hamilton are close to Toronto service levels.

Getting around Toronto can sucks if all your connecting routes are 30 minutes and fail to meet. Been on a few of those and good thing its only the odd trip.

Has anyone been keeping tabs of the crosstown construction updates/notices page? With less than 5 months until Metrolinx/TTC get the project transferred to them there is still a ton of heavy construction going on and multiple closures. Even if the LRT opens up by the fall I anticipate other non LRT operational construction going on till at least next summer 2023 or am I missing something?

P.S. Anyone have any updates on opening or any inside scope. I wonder if Ford will go end to end before the upcoming June 2 elections and announce the opening date of the LRT as a campaign promo. Would be one hell of a campaign promo.

Has anyone been keeping tabs of the crosstown construction updates/notices page? With less than 5 months until Metrolinx/TTC get the project transferred to them there is still a ton of heavy construction going on and multiple closures. Even if the LRT opens up by the fall I anticipate other non LRT operational construction going on till at least next summer 2023 or am I missing something?

P.S. Anyone have any updates on opening or any inside scope. I wonder if Ford will go end to end before the upcoming June 2 elections and announce the opening date of the LRT as a campaign promo. Would be one hell of a campaign promo.

Now that the ground is slowly thawing out, debris will be removed, supports taken down, the holes will be filled in, the ground will be compacted down (rain will help), then comes the make-up (concrete sidewalks, asphalt and lane painting, lighting fixtures, etc.), and cleanup (cleaning the windows and floors). The trains are already being testing (need 600 km of no problems in the tests, each of the 76 cars).

Like the TYSSE it will likely continue construction after opening in 2023, but will be mostly complete by opening day. Finishing touches will likely be mostly aesthetic.

This what I see:
Mount Dennis still needs some exterior work and with the warm weather should be done by May. Interior is supposed to be complete. Fences along the track will be in place including the elevated section. Not allowing for GO and UPX work.

Keelesdale only needs some trim work, but the exterior and interior done,

Caledonia needs driveway form and pour, flashing for the overhang and some planting and that it for the exterior. Interior should be or almost finish.

Science Center exterior is done except for TTC bus terminal area for landscaping and a loop. Interior is suppose to be done.

Kennedy exterior still needs some work including the new waiting area for GO waiting room and elevators. Interior is suppose to be done by June

Can't speak on the others as I don't fall then nor visit them other than Yonge.

Been a year since I last visit the area and the longest I have shot the area. Yonge is the tipping scale as to when the line opens as no one want the trains to bypassing the station. Expect work will still be going on after the line opens as they still have to build an exit in the Salvation Army building that could be under construction now.

By June, all the surface section will be 100% complete including roads and sidewalks. Final touches to the stations will happen a month or 2 before the open and very little to do now.

This what I see:
Mount Dennis still needs some exterior work and with the warm weather should be done by May. Interior is supposed to be complete. Fences along the track will be in place including the elevated section. Not allowing for GO and UPX work.

Keelesdale only needs some trim work, but the exterior and interior done,

Caledonia needs driveway form and pour, flashing for the overhang and some planting and that it for the exterior. Interior should be or almost finish.

Science Center exterior is done except for TTC bus terminal area for landscaping and a loop. Interior is suppose to be done.

Kennedy exterior still needs some work including the new waiting area for GO waiting room and elevators. Interior is suppose to be done by June

Can't speak on the others as I don't fall then nor visit them other than Yonge.

Been a year since I last visit the area and the longest I have shot the area. Yonge is the tipping scale as to when the line opens as no one want the trains to bypassing the station. Expect work will still be going on after the line opens as they still have to build an exit in the Salvation Army building that could be under construction now.

By June, all the surface section will be 100% complete including roads and sidewalks. Final touches to the stations will happen a month or 2 before the open and very little to do now.
Don't forget that at Yonge & Eglinton, the Line 1 trains are still running, and the entrances to Line 1 are being used. The Line 5 trains are running, in test mode. So they could use Line 1's entrances and connect that way to Line 5. The connections finishings could be sped up, so it looks nicer.

Would like to see the underground photos of Line 5's stations (plural), since the surface is visible to most.

One sign things are coming to a finish...

Road Decking Removals at Bayview Avenue and Eglinton Avenue East

From link.

road_decking_removals_-_bayview_and_eglinton_-_march_21_2022.png

What Work is Taking Place?

As early as Monday, March 21, 2022, crews at Leaside Station will begin to remove the timber road decking on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East, west of Bayview Avenue. To facilitate this work safely, entry and egress to/from the driveway at 1750 Bayview Avenue will be reduced to one lane at Eglinton Avenue East (refer to map). Property access will be maintained at all times. Once the decking is removed, the road will be backfilled and reinstated. This work is expected to take place between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. for approximately one (1) week.

What to Expect​

Noise from construction activity can be expected. Traffic control personnel will be present while the changes works are taking place. Expect delays while travelling through the intersection.

HOURS OF WORK

• As early as Monday, March 21, 2022, for approximately one (1) week
  • This work is expected to take place between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
  • This work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances
TRAFFIC DETAILS

• Entry and egress to/from the driveway at 1750 Bayview Avenue will be reduced to one lane at Eglinton Avenue East.
  • Left turns onto Eglinton Avenue East will remain prohibited for vehicles exiting the driveway at 1750 Bayview Avenue.
  • Left turns from Eglinton Avenue East into the driveway at 1750 Bayview Avenue will remain restricted.
  • One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained on Eglinton Avenue East and Bayview Avenue.

PEDESTRIAN DETAILS​

• No changes to the current pedestrian routes are expected as a result of this work.

TTC IMPACTS​

• Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.

Mt Pleasant's surface/exterior seems least far along of the stations I see. Bayview/Eg (as noted) seems to have made a lot of progress recently.

Back