• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Okay…. This will be the last concrete pour for phase 1.

36D29E77-F372-459C-9C1A-8D74C01DF375.jpeg

My dog wants to know why did they build the wall so high and so close to the sidewalk?
Any bets they cut it down in the years to come? Or maybe it supports the new path bridge to the south. Still…..
982A6E12-14DF-4281-8B16-1D18499AA370.jpeg

Seems like a more expensive and more delicate excavation process to keep the core project on the critical path.
7E5CF5A5-B454-418D-AB97-076262E73C4F.jpeg

2BAE926B-A646-4321-803C-D29BC9DD11AF.jpeg

Last edited:
The question is to me is that a temporary platform like the kind they had at The One. Or will this become part of the structure proper?

They posted the opening times of the park, surprised they‘re opening all day on weekends too. There’s always those articles complaining about how this is not a public park but a private park open to the public, but seeing what’s happening to Union (which has much more foot traffic), probably safest that they close this in the evenings.

Side note, going to be a workout going up those 4 floors worth of stairs…

DD288F7D-D902-49A7-BE62-3FE7D8462891.jpeg

My dog wants to know why did they build the wall so high and so close to the sidewalk?
Any bets they cut it down in the years to come? Or maybe it supports the new path bridge to the south. Still…..
I think your dog (cute as he is!) needs to look on top of the wall and when he does he will see that the wall is actually the retaining wall for the berm and it also needs to be high enough above the tracks to stop a runaway train. They did cut back the corner of the wall/bridge on north side of this driveway but that took months of negotiating with the railway guys and even more months of construction. I predict huge traffic problems at this driveway as Yonge gets totally jammed north of Lake Shore and it's pretty much still a blind turn .....

Okay…. This will be the last concrete pour for phase 1.

View attachment 389945

View attachment 389944

Seems like a more expensive and more delicate excavation process to keep the core project on the critical path.
View attachment 389946

View attachment 389947

Wow, that is so cool. Are those steel beams on the north side new or are they from the Dominion building?

Back