I agree with the second point, but a north-south line through Kipling is more valuable than another line through Dundas West (i.e. Kitchener plus Milton plus UP Express plus future Bolton). Kipling is going to be the new Etobicoke Centre.
*cough* Etobicoke RT *cough* It's almost like we have had this discussion before.

Also an Ontario Line to the airport via Kipling does provide line 2 relief that allows extensions to occur, connects to the bus hub there, and that extension would likely include a stop at Humber Loop allowing the Lakeshore West streetcar to be independent of the Queen or King cars.
Do we need to relieve Line 2's western half? Never heard of this line being unable to meet demand.

Do we need to relieve Line 2's western half? Never heard of this line being unable to meet demand.

It's getting pretty close. From Ossington 85-100% full.

bloorsubwayampeakdemandvscapacity.jpg

yongesubwayampeakdemandvscapacity.jpg

What's even the point of this kind of thinking? I get that the way we do things is highly frustrating. But it's like some people let their resentment build to the point where they don't want the City/Province/us to succeed anymore.

As for the politics, Del Duca promised not to cancel any projects currently underway and Trudeau is propped up by Jagmeet. I'd say the OL looks relatively safe by now.

Toronto has a distaste for large public projects. The Ontario Line will never happen.
lol this has to be the funniest post on this forum... buddy have you been under a rock? Ford/Metrolinx/Province have taken over the decision making and the city has no say or jurisdiction whatsoever. In the coming weeks the environmental report will be approved by the Minister and even if Ford loses (which I doubt) the liberals and ndp have already confirmed they will continue the Ontario line as is with no changes.

Back