I hope they wrap this up soon so the new developer can get rolling on something worth the space.
I am sure that something will happen on that site - the real question is if it will be 'worthy' of the location!

It's the Toronto waterfront, so the answer to that will be "no, it won't be".
I understand your pessimism, but for me there is a LOT to be excited about on the waterfront. Aquabella, Aualuna, T3-1, T3-2, the George Brown Timber build, Quayside, C3 block, and West Dons.

Those of these builds done, are LOVELY and those on the way are set for success.

I understand your pessimism, but for me there is a LOT to be excited about on the waterfront. Aquabella, Aualuna, T3-1, T3-2, the George Brown Timber build, Quayside, C3 block, and West Dons.

Those of these builds done, are LOVELY and those on the way are set for success.
All of these buildings are a lot smaller than some of the bland taller buildings on the waterfront which naturally get more attention due to their size. How often have you noticed the 10 floor buildings in a postcard photo of a city that has 50+ floor buildings?

All of these buildings are a lot smaller than some of the bland taller buildings on the waterfront which naturally get more attention due to their size. How often have you noticed the 10 floor buildings in a postcard photo of a city that has 50+ floor buildings?
I’m sorry, have you seen the Quayside or C3 proposals? They are filled with stunning tall buildings. I’d suggest taking a look ;) They are very promising.

And on a side note, I’d take 1 Aquabella or 1 Waterworks over 10 average supertalls any day. I don’t get this obsession with what the city looks like from the island. Have you seen how beautiful many low-rise cities in Europe look? We need to appreciate street presence and smart planning over height.

I think you can assume that if anyone here knew anything definite it would be posted here. The fact that the work has now stopped for several months and that the excavation equipment has been removed would lead me to agree with others that it is, at best, stalled and at worst cancelled.
So after a few legal threats I finally got someone from Greenland on the phone. The situation appears to be that they need to build a road. The land on which that road is to be built is owned by Greenland and 2 other developers. They have not yet been able to reach and agreement with those other two developers although they say they re in active negotiations. However until they reach an agreement the city cannot approve the application. Hence construction is stalled with no foreseeable resolution or restarting date. They said they expect to send out a general update in the final quarter of the year. (That’s the expected update not the approval!!!)

So after a few legal threats I finally got someone from Greenland on the phone. The situation appears to be that they need to build a road. The land on which that road is to be built is owned by Greenland and 2 other developers. They have not yet been able to reach and agreement with those other two developers although they say they re in active negotiations. However until they reach an agreement the city cannot approve the application. Hence construction is stalled with no foreseeable resolution or restarting date. They said they expect to send out a general update in the final quarter of the year. (That’s the expected update not the approval!!!)
Yea I don't buy this for a single second. The company is not going to respond to a buyer and say yea we're bankrupt but refuse to publicly admit it, sorry but we probably won't even be able to build this project. So instead they've come up with this excuse, which may have some ounce of truth to it.

Greenland has been downgraded to near junk, China's economy continues to sputter and their population is falling. The reality is when it comes to Chinese companies, it is nothing like the West, the company can rarely be separated from the overall situation in the country and Greenland is no exception. They will continue to drag this out as long as they possibly can (as I have said before) but ultimately this project will be offloaded to someone else as Greenland simply does not have the resources needed for construction here.

Yea I don't buy this for a single second. The company is not going to respond to a buyer and say yea we're bankrupt but refuse to publicly admit it, sorry but we probably won't even be able to build this project. So instead they've come up with this excuse, which may have some ounce of truth to it.

Greenland has been downgraded to near junk, China's economy continues to sputter and their population is falling. The reality is when it comes to Chinese companies, it is nothing like the West, the company can rarely be separated from the overall situation in the country and Greenland is no exception. They will continue to drag this out as long as they possibly can (as I have said before) but ultimately this project will be offloaded to someone else as Greenland simply does not have the resources needed for construction here.
Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. I wonder if more can be found from the city?

Back