Older photo from taken from the TD Centre on July 15:

2705532616_4f38e7af65_b.jpg

I am a bit dissapointed in the MLS condo project b/c when it was originally sold to us (torontonians) it was to include a focal point for sporting events. There was supposed to be a main square or something and sports themed bars so that the 99% of us who can't afford to watch a leafs game inside could kind of be involved in the event outside. When you look at how the buildings are going up though - it doesn't really seem like there is a lot of room left for a crowd of people to form in front of the ACC celebrating winning the cup. At least given how MLS runs the leafs this is unlikely to be a problem in our lifetime.

I think the "main square" is just the area outside of the ACC that already exists. I believe that Telus and MLS will both be orientated towards this "square" and that the retail at MLS will still be as sports themed as the market will allow.

I think the "main square" is just the area outside of the ACC that already exists. I believe that Telus and MLS will both be orientated towards this "square" and that the retail at MLS will still be as sports themed as the market will allow.

Add Infinity phase 3-4,16 York,The ICEBERG condos and office bldg next door and this area is going to be one congested area.

^^ Noted. But the square portion of the MLS/Telus developments east of York will probably be nothing more then the existing space beside the ACC. Time will tell if the retail will be oriented towards the square or not.

There's another office building proposed as part of Ice in addition to the GWL office building at 18 York

There's another office building proposed as part of Ice in addition to the GWL office building at 18 York

Thats all good, add the 45 Bay street office tower which should be around the same size as Bay Adelaide and we should have a pretty vibrant neighborhood.

The great sense of arrival at ACC will be lost..I always liked the dramatic sight of the ACC with the spotlights on sporting event nights..now it will be crowded in and lost with the bulky podia of the Maple Leaf "Square" towers.

Back