Had no trouble getting up to work this morning at 10:30. Went down Mississauga road and the QEW was just beginning to back up. Lakeshore was a bit heavier with eastbound stop and go at Stavebank. That's probably just a little heavier for a Saturday morning. I sailed up Hurontario and parked in the company lot before walking the rest of the way to the site.

Westbound south service was a bit of a problem. The cops were marshalling drivers into the former OPP station but the traffic cones and/or markings were poor as some people went around the back of the building thinking they could get through that way. The cops had the traffic flow reversed-they should have marshalled people through the east driveway and have them turn left at the west driveway.

I'm still at work so I will only drop one or two photos for now:
DJI_0078.JPG
DJI_0091.JPG

Progress really seems to have slowed:
1667072552383.png

I'm going to go back tomorrow morning early.

Coming home today Lakeshore westbound from Hurontario was slammed and as I cut the corner along Front street to get to Mississauga road, Mississauga road SB was backing up north of the railway tracks.

I'm currently uploading a clip to Youtube and will publish it here when it is ready. I really need to get some editing software or figure out YouTube studio better so I can link these things together. I shot a ton of video today.

From @Tim photos, the box is almost haft way into position and clearer than seen from the ground.

Still a number of hours of digging for the eastbound lanes to allow the box to be place in that area.

A number of last minute work was added to this closure from repaving the overpass for lane expansion, storm water system under the overpass and other things.

Traffic was flowing very well through the area with 18 wheelers having to slow down to make the turn going eastbound.

QEW a parking lot going west, east of Cawthra and was told it was happening close to Mississauga Rd for eastbound.

South service was a parking lot going east at Cawthra when I went south on Cawthra with Cawthra slow going in both direction. Atwater was slow and backup 3/4 west of Cawthra. Going north a few hours later, the South Service Rd still a parking lot and the police have close the westbound lanes off as too much traffic trying to get to Hurontario.

Traffic was light going north at the Service Rd with a number doing U-turns. Same can be said for the southbound at the North Service Rd. A lot of traffic going west of Hurontario thinking they could get onto the QEW sooner only to find out that they will have to go up to Dundas to go west to either Mississauga Rd or Erin Mills to get back onto the QEW.

Transit was sucking badly, considering there were supposed to be more buses added to Route. Buses were showing up every 25 minutes in place of 15 to the point the 40' buses were at peak to crush loads. Only saw twice were a 40 and 60 were playing follow the leader. The 2 was to go east on the South Service Rd, but was move to Atwater. Even the 8 was running late to the point they were almost down a bus for headway.

Communication was a missing point for this mess from all levels to the point cycles were showing up and had no idea that the QEW was close as well a few pedestrians.

From @Tim photos, the box is almost haft way into position and clearer than seen from the ground.

Still a number of hours of digging for the eastbound lanes to allow the box to be place in that area.

A number of last minute work was added to this closure from repaving the overpass for lane expansion, storm water system under the overpass and other things.

Traffic was flowing very well through the area with 18 wheelers having to slow down to make the turn going eastbound.

QEW a parking lot going west, east of Cawthra and was told it was happening close to Mississauga Rd for eastbound.

South service was a parking lot going east at Cawthra when I went south on Cawthra with Cawthra slow going in both direction. Atwater was slow and backup 3/4 west of Cawthra. Going north a few hours later, the South Service Rd still a parking lot and the police have close the westbound lanes off as too much traffic trying to get to Hurontario.

Traffic was light going north at the Service Rd with a number doing U-turns. Same can be said for the southbound at the North Service Rd. A lot of traffic going west of Hurontario thinking they could get onto the QEW sooner only to find out that they will have to go up to Dundas to go west to either Mississauga Rd or Erin Mills to get back onto the QEW.

Transit was sucking badly, considering there were supposed to be more buses added to Route. Buses were showing up every 25 minutes in place of 15 to the point the 40' buses were at peak to crush loads. Only saw twice were a 40 and 60 were playing follow the leader. The 2 was to go east on the South Service Rd, but was move to Atwater. Even the 8 was running late to the point they were almost down a bus for headway.

Communication was a missing point for this mess from all levels to the point cycles were showing up and had no idea that the QEW was close as well a few pedestrians.
Communication? How about wilful ignorance? There was certainly plenty of street signage up on the QEW, Hwy 10 and the Lakeshore for days, more then a week or so.

With due respect, given the magnitude of the closure, I am not sure what we are expecting here. This is a weekend where anyone thinking of trying to move through this intersection should be asked “Really?” Perhaps, as you have noted, further closures should have been in place to keep the service roads closed excepting transit and pedestrians.

They're already pouring dirt onto the box? It doesn't look to be fully in place yet, unless they're planning to build that little remaining part of the overpass later.

loc40--3.jpeg

ETA: Nope, they're still moving the box with the people, equipment, and dirt on top of it. Wild.

They're already pouring dirt onto the box? It doesn't look to be fully in place yet, unless they're planning to build that little remaining part of the overpass later.

View attachment 435956

ETA: Nope, they're still moving the box with the people, equipment, and dirt on top of it. Wild.
That's a good two EB lanes! I'm sure it will be pushed further. I'm going to check it out in the morning.

Fully in position now. But what's with the fog? Argh! No flight for me today. Gotta be somewhere else by the time this will burn off.
1667133687117.png

Back