News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

What are the two towers south of the new 4 Seasons? (twins but not in height)

Great job Maldive, and yes more women on this site would be great. Trying to get one of my friends to join right now. She has an awesome view of the core from her place and could give us great updates.

1889083260_9d593268ac_o.jpg

Maldive does it again!!

Yes I would have posted this rendering yesterday morning... but I wasn't sure I could post it in this section.

And I was busy at work with other issues.. didn't have time to re-host and re-link the post.

Mind blowing piece of work. I'd say this is Toronto circa 2013-15. Thank you Maldive, whoever and wherever you are.

It would really suck if they weren't a girl, because whether they like it or not, on here, they are a girl.

Oh, and the rendering is by far the best one yet.

You mean this?

maldive1iz1.jpg

It's some old apartment building way off in the distance.

What's the tower between the Intercontinental Hotel and Citibank on Front Street?

Maldive is at it again!

Here is an updated rendering, along with his/her comments, as posted at skyscrapercity.com...

"Since I created that future shot of Toronto, so many new projects have come on-line that I simply became overwhelmed... buildings that would be "major" developments in many cities simply wouldn't be glimpsed in this shot.

Apologies for the lazy ass post, but I spent 5 minutes highlighting some projects to try and communicate the extraordinary change underway in Toronto.

Green = completed in the last year all the way to being topped out in the near future.

Blue = under construction or site prep/demolition

Pink = sales, proposed, approved... though many will start soon (can't be bothered explaining or reporting status).

The gist of it is ... change.

This is a sampling of what is missing.......

Major omissions include:

Cumberland Terrace (Bloor/Bay)
45 storey (151 metres) residential tower located midblock between Bay & Yonge
20 storey (64.9 metres) residential tower located at Yonge & Cumberland.

The few blocks* between Queen and Front Street, from University Avenue to Spadina has become flooded with projects (with a generous smattering of wacky architecture) that I can't imagine stuffing into this future shot:

355 King Street West
581ft - 48 floors

295 Adelaide West
482ft - 42 floors

21 Widmer Street
434ft. - 44 floors

181/199 Richmond W
429ft - 39 floors

60 John Street
413ft - 38 floors

306/310 Richmond W
399ft - 35 floors

430 King W
308ft - 32 floors

99 Blue Jays Way
306ft - 27 floors

117 Peter Street
28 floors

*for those who don't know Toronto, the area above the Rogers Centre/tower in the pic."

futureguide2.jpg

"Hope this at least addresses any concerns about exaggeration... this doesn't even look at the suburbs which are building more stuff than many other NA cities on their own."

Great Work. The skyline will be inspiring in a couple of years as more buildings continue to come into fruitition. However, where is Maple Leaf Square? The forty story towers that they are putting in there should alter the skyline a bit and while were at it, where is the Telus tower?

Thanks for the rendering, I can stare at it for hours.

Great Work. The skyline will be inspiring in a couple of years as more buildings continue to come into fruitition. However, where is Maple Leaf Square? The forty story towers that they are putting in there should alter the skyline a bit and while were at it, where is the Telus tower?

I think both the Maple Leaf Square towers and Telus tower are in the rendering, they are just slightly covered by the proposed Ice condos, but they are immediately to the west.

Back