I think they can work well in certain cities/climates (Vancouver as an example), but I rarely see building owners in Calgary take pride in keeping these types of planters maintained.

Condo boards want no part of a landscape maintenance fee and rental buildings can barely get light bulbs changed by their management company. Perpetuated by residents with no pride of ownership. Sad really.

Condo boards want no part of a landscape maintenance fee and rental buildings can barely get light bulbs changed by their management company. Perpetuated by residents with no pride of ownership. Sad really.
Frankly, I don’t think condo owners in Calgary get very good value for condo fees. I have a hard time understanding why condo fees are as high as they are in Calgary when the services/amenities don’t seem to match.

Frankly, I don’t think condo owners in Calgary get very good value for condo fees. I have a hard time understanding why condo fees are as high as they are in Calgary when the services/amenities don’t seem to match.
They sure have increased rapidly, and seem higher than comparable buildings in BC and ON. Five years ago, a middle of the road strata was ~$450/ month. Now it seems more ~$750

LOC2023-0081:

Hearing Scheduled A Council public hearing is scheduled for December 05, 2023. Public submissions to City Council must be received by the City Clerk between November 16, 2023 and before noon on November 28, 2023. Comments received after this deadline may be excluded from the Council agenda.

I can’t wait to hear the remarks from the community lol.
1698953175617.png

I like this. It's good density by an LRT station and it's north of the SFH so no shadowing concerns.
I'd like to see similar on the block just to the west.
And I'm not sure if it was foresight or just luck but just north of the AMA is 4 story multifamily going down to 2 story multifamily. Just need to redevelop the AMA site with 6-8 stories.

. Sometimes country roads are completely erased, sometimes they are reused and sometimes just random portions of them still exist no longer connected.
I noticed this with Old Banff Coach Road. It has remained largely intact in Springbank, but has been pieced up and reused in a bunch of different ways within the city. And west of Springbank, the original road seems to be gone/grown over.

Then there is the slow train wreck of Victoria Park being swallowed up by the Stampede Grounds. I previously thought it had all kind of happened at once around 2007, but it was already underway by the mid-70s. And I never pieced together that the Corral was on 17 Ave, which you could take all the way to the Elbow River.

(Sorry for continuing the off-topic derail here!)

(Sorry for continuing the off-topic derail here!)

I created a thread

Back