Today's update. We won't be seeing a floor pour until Monday, most likely.
20231130_105854.jpg
20231130_105922.jpg
20231130_110806.jpg
Thursday.jpg

Photos taken today, Friday (Dec. 1). Not ideal conditions here with rain turning to snow as I came to shoot these. But it really now seems to be racing up. At the top, are we at level 47? Now past the half-way point in height? The forms on the top have all moved up one level since I posted last Friday, save for the corner blue forms which presumably are pausing at the 2nd mechanical levels. All the Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) have gone up, with the east RCS going up two levels to install the skin of the 15th floor, while the north and west RCSs moved one level to do the 13th floor. We've not seen an RCS go up that fast before, and the east RCS is no longer in lock-step with the others. The south face now has glass all in on level 15 and partly in at level 16 (to the right of the crane, that is), so it will be interesting to see, once the east RCS hits level 16 whether it will rise again or pause, as I've been told will happen.

The usual addition to my Flickr "time-lapse" album, followed by views from the south. The skin is done on the 12th floor now (save for some cladding on the south side), with glass now newly in place on the 15th and 16th levels on the south side. A wide shot showing the east side, the skin now visible up to level 14 , then views from the west on Bloor in front of Holt Renfrew, those RCSs now higher. Then from Cumberland east of Bay, the first mechanical levels starting to be hidden by the three RCSs. The view east along Bloor, and views of the tower from the NW corner.

UTIMG_4740.jpg
UTIMG_4642.jpg
UTIMG_4677.jpg
UTIMG_4709.jpg
UTIMG_4904.jpg
UTIMG_4885.jpg
UTIMG_4792.jpg
UTIMG_4831.jpg
UTIMG_4761.jpg
UTIMG_4777.jpg
UTIMG_4937.jpg
UTIMG_4965.jpg

Last edited:
Monday update. Good progress but they quit early???
I would imagine because the cement trucks haven't shown up yet. So supply is a bit out of whack with demand here, so they all went home for an early dinner?

More lawsuits flying.

My major concern for this project is that construction is put to a halt until all these lawsuits are sorted out which could be years. They have barely past half way of the height of the building and it is only going to get that much more complex from here, plus winter is coming so major slowdown in the pace. If the building was closer to completion and towards the top of the height then the lenders would probably let the building be built to the top and then deal with all this legality. They are far from the point of no return.

My major concern for this project is that construction is put to a halt until all these lawsuits are sorted out which could be years. They have barely past half way of the height of the building and it is only going to get that much more complex from here, plus winter is coming so major slowdown in the pace. If the building was closer to completion and towards the top of the height then the lenders would probably let the building be built to the top and then deal with all this legality. They are far from the point of no return.
IMHO, 90% of the complexity has already been dealt with. From here on in, the only thing new will be the very top.

Back