4.8K     0 

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Not really a project per se at this point - but it may become one:

AoD

Presumably any restoration budget would be tight and would focus on the essentials (SOGR, code, and such) but the Leg is in dire need of a public realm upgrade. It’s surrounded by surface parking, plain concrete and asphalt, and pedestrian desire lines, and is just generally in no way befitting of an important civic space (we cheap Canadians, etc.).

Just start by taking the backs off the seats. Make it a little harder for spineless pissants to take up residence in the chamber.

It would be on brand for the Legislature to temporarily move to a banquet hall owned by a Ford donor.
Or simply not bother with having one at all. If one wants only judges who always agree with you, why bother to have a place where ill informed people (like the ill-informed NDP, Liberals and Greens) can argue with your wise decisions?

Science Centre? Ontario Place? The Cinesphere would make a great Chamber.
Or something like this!

IMG_7737.jpeg

Or this:

IMG_7741.jpeg
IMG_7740.jpeg
IMG_7739.jpeg

Or simply not bother with having one at all. If one wants only judges who always agree with you, why bother to have a place where ill informed people (like the ill-informed NDP, Liberals and Greens) can argue with your wise decisions?

I humbly propose the Ford matriarch's house. /s

AoD

If a temporary structure they could get whoever did the roof for Montreal's Expo stadium. Oh wait . . .

Oh, oh, I know; the horse palace at the CNE. How fitting.

There are also some still-standing but abandoned psychiatric institutions scattered about but, alas, I don't think any are in Toronto.

If a temporary structure they could get whoever did the roof for Montreal's Expo stadium. Oh wait . . .

Oh, oh, I know; the horse palace at the CNE. How fitting.

There are also some still-standing but abandoned psychiatric institutions scattered about but, alas, I don't think any are in Toronto.
Like Huronia in Orillia! Or the Cooper Site in Stratford. Or my favourite: The Hearn!
IMG_7743.jpeg

IMG_7742.jpeg

In all seriousness is this an opportunity to do something with the north side of the building that faces QP? An addition with buried parking? An accessible provincial library? I bet that Libeskind could do something amazing! Lol

Back