News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Interesting for me to notice that in some of the newly-uncovered Dundas Stn renos related to Metropolis, they're using a yellow tile that may, or may not, ultimately prefigure a "quasi-restoration" renovation of the station itself--at least, as I see it...

Again, close to the Metropolis exit--I think uncovered just in the past few days or something.

But as I said, "quasi-restoration", i.e. it's more a B-D than 1954-line scale of tile, and isn't really that much different from some of the new-tile antics around recent disabled-elevator renos elsewhere. But in case the TTC's leaning t/w replacing the 80s Yonge-line-reno tile, I'd suspect they might pursue this direction...

Adma, if so, it would be welcome. Of all the ill-conceived renovations I have seen, this station is by far the worst. I seem to recall serious discussion of creating another entrance at the north end, which would provide the opportunity for a comprehensive redo of the entire place.

I just noticed this today, but it may have been there for a long time and be well documented....

In St. Andrew station, at the south end of the southbound track wall, there is a section where it looks like the wall mounted slats have been recently removed. Exposed are some very dirty tiles. Are these the original station tiles? They look like the vitrolite ones from the Yonge line. I didn't know the University line ever had those.

I gotta take a look, but...yes, St. Andrew and Osgoode were the last hurrah for Vitrolite on the subway. (It wore poorly, and the stations were redone a decade or so later.)

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I wasn' sure where to put this and it goes with what I wrote above.
In the south end of St. Andrew, where the old vitrolite tiles are exposed, there are new light fixtures being tested.

They look quite sleek and modern, with a VERY thin profile. The light is definetly a whole different colour/temperature, but it's hard to judge 100% as the old light fixtures are still in place.

The other day I also noticed a CLRV on Spadina with LED headlights. That looked good, except the centre light was still of the original variety.

Back