Given the current market, I would be surprised as hell if this gets off the ground. Pre-sales alone means that they would have to sell ~600 units before any construction could start. I can't see that happening.

Haven't they already sold 600 units?

They have pre-sold over 750 units from what I understand. Most of these sales occuring this spring/summer.

renderings from Graziani+Corazza's website:

highrise02main.jpg

highrise0201.jpg

...three words which mean what? Often, when chosen with care, a string of words can mean something; they can be used to communicate your thoughts to others! Try again!

I would very much like to see this get built, and I have no insider info at all about its chances of success. I am pleased to hear the confidence of the posters here about it.

Nonetheless, this location does have rather the tendency for failed projects: the tower that was to soar above the Eaton store (cancelled ca. 1932), Toronto's tallest building/tower/whatever (never happened ca. 1975), and a third proposal for three giant residential slabs along Gerrard right where Aura will be that I have been unable to date but have a rendering for (probably ca. 1979). It's not exactly a compelling track record.

AURA's site has a bad track record ... but given the success + quality reputation of Canderel Stoneridge, there's no doubt to me this tower will get built ...

the question is 75s or 85s hehe :D

AURA's site has a bad track record ... but given the success + quality reputation of Canderel Stoneridge, there's no doubt to me this tower will get built ...

the question is 75s or 85s hehe :D

Id say 85-88 stories would attract more buyers.Who wouldnt like to live in Canadas tallest condo tower.

They have pre-sold over 750 units from what I understand. Most of these sales occuring this spring/summer.

The trouble is, pre-sales have little relevance anymore, especially pre-sales from summer. Think of what's happened since August in the financial markets. If someone was planning on cashing out their mutual funds or stocks to buy a condo, they'd have about 40 to 50% less now than they did in August. It's anybody's guess how many people have pulled out.

This. Is. WIN.

This. Is. Arguably. The. Most. Useless. Post. Since "Why can't they build the podium faster".

The "Why can't they build the podium faster" post replaced "My pet gremlin told me this project is cancelled" as the most useless post. Before the gremlin one, the post arguing that the word classy cannot be used to describe a strip club was the worst one on the board. Before that it was the "how tall it is yet?" post regarding 18 York Street. But we shall not forget the first post to be crowned most useless... drum roll please... "Christopher Hume is Donald Trump's love baby, I have proof".

Back