News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

aren't wednesdays still free to the public like they were before it closed for the renovations?

Can someone take the picture of Ruben's 'The Massacre of the Innocents' in its permanent place? please, please, pwwety please?

I don't think that is possible, given the AGO's strict photography ban. It is one of the few works where a guard is posted to it all the time. Surprisingly, it is not roped off... you can get up and personal with it when the guard is not looking.

Anybody going today? Wondering if there's going to be massive lines to get in. I want to go but spending hours in line with my 2 year old just isn't going to happen. Please report if you've been there.

Happened to be in the area at around 2 p.m. so I thought about getting in for the free admission until I saw the line up that stretched all the way down along Mccaul to near Queen St.

Does anyone remember when ROM opened how busy it was at first?

Yeah i was there during the first months it was opened it it was pretty busy, i took my family there in August during the week we had the whole place to our selves. I'm looking froward to trying the new AGO's restaurant Frank.

Shucks, I missed the opening. Yesterday, the gf and I were too impatient to wait in the lineup (rain, crowds, etc), and last night, I saw the South gallery lit up in all its splendor with the masses walking around (stunning--the most exciting building reno in Toronto's history?) Today, I am sick, and cursing my laziness/luck in not checking out the AGO. But, sometimes it's worth paying for the privilege of enjoying the AGO on an empty day--I'm thinking the first major snowstorm of the year!:)

What prevented me from going inside Saturday afternoon:

DSC00111-1.jpg

DSC00110-2.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

ps: Orange Alert's coffee is damn good, but caution, it's very hot! I burned my freakin' hand!:(

I drove by tonight and had to stop the car on Dundas to contemplate this masterpiece. This Gehry will stand out because it is different than all his other work.

I can't wait to see the neighborhood transform around it now. It's a matter of time before most of the derelict houses and other buildings are also transformed to benefit from the "AGO effect" on Dundas.

I noticed that the hoarding up and around Beverly is still up and work continues on the Western façade. I wonder what they have planned there.

was there Sunday and it took me 90 minutes to get through the line-up ... I was a little suprised that security staff was VERY uptight and jumped about 'NO PHOTOs' anywhere in the building (even if it was a shot of the architecture and not the art pieces) ... I managed to seek a few ... but definitely no where as spectacular as Wylie's shots, gotta give Wylie credit for these amazinag shots (while dodging AGO staff)

Back