• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
thx for all the great pics today, CGM....:)

Photos

Oct 18

Attachments

• 08_10_boh_006.jpg
    08_10_boh_006.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 400
  • 08_10_boh_008.jpg
    08_10_boh_008.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 381
  • 08_10_boh_011.jpg
    08_10_boh_011.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 560
a couple of questions with regards to this project.

1) when exactly did the digging or start of this project take place?

2) what's the anticipated occupancy date?

I'm just curious as i get to watch the development on a daily basis (which has been facinating) and want to get an idea of how long in general condo projects take? i've heard something along the lines of 15 months for a project of this scope. is that accurate?

Sungs, I don't think you've been replied to because your question is essentially impossible to answer. Every building is different to the extent that it's impossible to say even how many weeks per floor above, or below. Building methods vary, materials vary, finish qualities vary, size of workforce varies, unexpected challenges can occur (building trade strikes, underground water, etc.), it goes on an on.

Despite all of that, every developer has a plan for each building, and that make occupancy date promises based on that. of course, the law allows them to extend the move in dates a number of times, as things rarely go as smootly as promised.

can I dare to "guess" that in a perfect world with no City approval, financing, or labour delays, a point tower style development would take approximately 2 years to build a 40 storeys building with 3 levels underground parking (from the day excavation starts) ... where there are podium, construction times would vary significantly based on the size of the podium

this is based purely from my observations though :)

thanks for the replies guys, never considered how many factors could vary.

i guess a better question is, is anyone here a purchaser and know what the expected occupancy date is (based on latest information as i know this project took awhile to start)?

according to a recent price list I acquired from Baywood Homes ... they 'SAY' estimated occupany is December 2009 (which I think is bull~), realistically my guess would be summer/fall 2010 considering there's the slab building on Queen + tower portion on the south part of the site

but the price list I got was for the penthouses on the top of the tower ... that's why I thought December 2009 was rather unrealistic ~

Baywood Homes will be constructing a "Flatiron" building on the site directly south of The Gladstone Hotel to replace the infamous Country Site coffee shop.

Back