• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
We're not all thinking it, I'm not ... while it's not great it isn't the monstrosity her's making it out to be ... and it should bring some interesting retail to that stretch of Queen ... yes there's retail in this building.

You need to see it in person, it looks better then a couple of the shots above, as whole it's not bad at all.

We're not all thinking it, I'm not ... while it's not great it isn't the monstrosity her's making it out to be ... and it should bring some interesting retail to that stretch of Queen ... yes there's retail in this building.

You need to see it in person, it looks better then a couple of the shots above, as whole it's not bad at all.

Looks fine to me. A welcome addition to a drab corner.

July 9 2011 update

The Tower
IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1152.jpg

The Queen Street Podium
IMG_1156.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg

Strange:eek:....pretty new building for this kind of crap to happen.

Broken pipe sends water gushing down side of condo
Water gushed down the side of a residential building at 1169 Queen St. W. after a pipe burst early Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2012.

Residents of a new condominium are back in their suites after a broken water pipe resulted in a partial evacuation early Wednesday morning.
The pipe, believed to be located on the 18th floor of the building at 1169 Queen St. W., sent water gushing down the side of the building, located near Dufferin Street.
Residents of at least two floors were forced to leave their suites.
As a result, the building's water supply was turned off. It's not known how long residents will be without water, or when the broken pipe repairs will be completed
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120104/120104_broken_pipe/20120104/?hub=CP24Home

Pipe burst in Queen St. comdominium building relocating several tenants
A pipe burst in a large condominium building located at 1169 & 1171 Queen St W. The hot water pipe burst in the ceiling of a unit on the 18th floor. Several tenants were relocated. The water to the entire 19 floor building has been shut off. Most of the water managed to make its way down the elevator shafts and the exterior of the building. However there were several units inside the condo building that suffered damage as a result. Fire crews managed to shut the water off and find the broken pipe. Fire crews inside and around the building, several people that were relocated to the lobby.
http://www.globaltoronto.com/pipe+b...ocating+several+tenants/6442552561/story.html

Last edited:
Strange....pretty new building for this kind of crap to happen.

I think this kind of thing happens often enough...I know that a couple of years ago Daniels had a major flood at One Park Tower in Mississauga, just before occupancy, which caused major damage....apparently a plumber for one of the subcontractors had used the wrong kind of connector on some pipe, resulting in thousands of dollars in damage, and requiring replacement of the entire ceiling in the lobby...just one of those things...

I recall a bust pipe in Spire as well on one of the upper floors. We had a minor pipe explosion in a building I used to live in (also a new building then). Fortunately it was on the ground floor.

As yyzer states, it happens often enough.

I recall a bust pipe in Spire as well on one of the upper floors. We had a minor pipe explosion in a building I used to live in (also a new building then). Fortunately it was on the ground floor.

As yyzer states, it happens often enough.

Not to mention the burst pipe in the Ritz Carlton towards the end of construction, which caused the opening of the hotel to be delayed.....

Why haven't you opened a Bohemian-inspired, hipster-infested camera shop yet UD? You keep demanding it and, if you are any indication of demand for hipster-oriented merchandise, there must be extreme profits to be made. /s

Look I want the established, oft-gritty shops that make Queen West, Chinatown and Kensington the reason I go to them. But why look for it in sterile vertical suburbs when they are only half-built out? Give it time, it'll come. And if it doesn't, well we sacrificed a neighbourhood and, like St. James Town it will serve as an example to the future of what not to do. Awful but not much else to expect from Toronto.

Christ I think this site sucked the Christmas spirit right out of me...

Actually, speaking of "terible pizza restaurants", what I find most offensive about the place isn't the architecture (more humdrum-netral than the controversy merited) so much as that gawdawful green backlit-plastic address sign above the archway, which looks like it's advertising a Pizzaiolo at the end of Beaconsfield...

Back