News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

It's too bad the Willowdale subway station was dropped from the Sheppard line plans due to lack of funds.

I suppose part of the reason is population projection and single detached housing surrounding the Willowdale station couldn't justify it ... unlike Bessarion which has Concord Park Place lined up (even though it was just warehouses and detached housing surrounding the station when the station was first built)

As density builds along Sheppard and population grows around Willowdale, I am hopefully TTC made provisions in the tunnels that they can go back and add the Willowdale station (just like they added the North York Centre station back then)

drilling equipment is on site now, looks to be underconstruction. Does anyone know when phase 3 and 4 will go on sell?

taken last week

picture.php

Construction has started on the site.
picture.php

City Planning Staff Report

dear MODs ... I think the overall Avonshire development will contain 5 towers (4 condos, 1 rental) with respective heights of "22 + 3x 21 + 14s" :)

masterplan_640.jpg

and here's a final staff report that went to North York Community Council in November 2008 recommending Site Plan Approval for Phase 1 (west townhouses, west tower, south towers), whereas Phase 2 (east towers, north townhouses) will be subject to future SPA applications

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-17336.pdf

January 5 2009 update

Excavation continues on site - looking south with Hwy 401 in background

IMG_3066.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg

Penthouse Release scheduled for January 31st, 2009

The penthouse release event has been added to the Avonshire website: http://www.tridel.com/avonshire/penthouse.php. There is also an event page for Avonshire on Facebook.

There are 20 penthouses that will be released at noon, January 31, 2009 at the Avonshire Presentation Centre. Finalized floorplans will be released next week to registrants. 1 bedroom plus den will start from $350,000 (728 sq.ft.). The largest suites will be 2 bedroom 1085 sq. ft. ($525,000).

We taped a video of the Avonshire sales representative, Sara Rowshanbin, last week and uploaded to the website: http://www.tridel.com/avonshire/sara_video.php.

Preparation for the Avonshire community construction is proceeding as you can see from Solaris' postings (the 2 towers are 75% sold). I'm waiting for a sunny day to take a photo of the Avonshire site from the roof of Skymark Centre at Avondale. I should have some photos to upload this week.

thanks for the update TWM ... I'm a little confused though, I thought I remembered seeing penthouse suites during the grand opening previously .... being 5 units per floor and alll in the range of 1000+ sq.ft.

have the original penthouse plans been redesigned to smaller units now?

Penthouse revision

The Grand Penthouses are one floor below but they have terraces instead of balconies. Tridel decided to try a newer product offering on the upper floor using smaller suite layouts. Feedback we have received over the weekend has been very positive so far.

March 21 2009 update

although Tridel claims to have 'started construction' on the Avonshire project, there certainly doesn't seem a lot of activity happening on the 2 condo buildings site ... but THERE IS a fair bit of progress being made on the rental replacment building site (beyond to the left of these photos)~

View looking east across the site
IMG_3536-1.jpg

IMG_3537-1.jpg

March 28 2009

Carter 001.jpg

The crane is up for the rental replacement building on the Avonshire site.

Attachments

• Carter 001.jpg
    Carter 001.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 493
May 3 2009

Carter 009.jpg

The second crane just went up for the rental tower cite.

Carter 011.jpg

Work has started on Avonshire Buildings phase 1&2.

Attachments

• Carter 009.jpg
    Carter 009.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 499
  • Carter 011.jpg
    Carter 011.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 483
Avonshire Ground Breaking

Here's a photo of the site taken prior to the official Avonshire Groundbreaking Ceremony held yesterday at 11:00am. The shoring is continuing to the north.

20090512a-construction.jpg

Leo DelZotto, Tridel President, kicks off the groundbreaking ceremony celebrating the launch of Avonshire's two towers and a partnership with K+G Group. It's full steam ahead and construction didn't stop. You can see the I-beam being lowered in for the shoring behind Leo and the cement trucks kept rolling in.

20090512-groundbreaking-leo.jpg

The ground breaking was well attended by people and media. Tridel executives and staff, Deltera (Tridel's construction contracting company) K+G Group, architects, media and advertising companies and banking. As Leo remarked in his speech, it's nice to know in this economy Tridel has banks firmly behind all of its projects. CIBC and Royal Bank of Canada have provided construction funding for Avonshire's first phase.

20090512-groundbreaking.jpg

Not afraid to get a little dirty, the group poses in front of the work they started. Everyone is relieved that the Ground Breaking didn't take place in December 2008 as was originally planned. The towers of Tridel Hullmark's Skymark Centre at Avondale are in the background.

20090512a-groundbreaking.jpg

Sam Goldband of K+G Group decides he needs a bigger shovel to get things moving along and get Avonshire purchasers into their homes faster.

20090512B-groundbreaking.jpg

While I'm not that big a fan of the design of these buildings its good to see additional density coming to Yonge and Sheppard. It'll be fun to see what the traffic is like after they are fully occupied.

How many levels down are they going? Not much room for more than one level over by the rental building.

Back