I asked my inspector about the walls too. I noticed the same issue. She said that it's an "eggshell" textured finish and it's meant to be like that. I'm thinking it was just a crappy paintjob with cheap paint?!

'eggshell' has to do with the lustre ... it should not feel chaulky.

i thought the Features and Finishes listed a semi-gloss paint finish?

'eggshell' has to do with the lustre ... it should not feel chaulky.

i thought the Features and Finishes listed a semi-gloss paint finish?

Some family members went today for their PDI.

Loads of issues.

Marks on the walls, chalky finishes, paint on the carpets, chips on the hard wood. They were extremely dissapointed.

Your opinions

Hey everyone,

I am considering putting laminate flooring in the bedroom and getting rid of the carpet. I need some suggestions on how to go about it. Is it wise to do it myself once the condo is ready or to see if I can get the builders to do it for me? I am going to call Concord on Monday and see what they say and the quote they give me (prob will be a rip off).

The only reason I would consider the builders to do it (assuming that they would) is that they can match the bedroom floor with the living area and save myself a big headache of tearing out the carpet and doing it myself. Does anyone have suggestions or any info that would help?

To tell you the truth, I'd rather do this before furnishing the bedroom.

Thanks,

Mella

Hey everyone,

I am considering putting laminate flooring in the bedroom and getting rid of the carpet. I need some suggestions on how to go about it. Is it wise to do it myself once the condo is ready or to see if I can get the builders to do it for me? I am going to call Concord on Monday and see what they say and the quote they give me (prob will be a rip off).

The only reason I would consider the builders to do it (assuming that they would) is that they can match the bedroom floor with the living area and save myself a big headache of tearing out the carpet and doing it myself. Does anyone have suggestions or any info that would help?

To tell you the truth, I'd rather do this before furnishing the bedroom.

Thanks,

Mella

has the flooring and carpet already been installed?

if so they may/may not have an issue with matching the laminate, since there could be slight variations in colouring etc b/t different runs even though a manufactured product should be consistant.

it never hurts to ask their price for the amount of work to be done and report back to us ...
it's always nice to get an idea of what one developer vs another will charge for certain 'upgrades' and you can get feedback to determine if it's better to DIY.

has the flooring and carpet already been installed?

if so they may/may not have an issue with matching the laminate, since there could be slight variations in colouring etc b/t different runs even though a manufactured product should be consistant.

it never hurts to ask their price for the amount of work to be done and report back to us ...
it's always nice to get an idea of what one developer vs another will charge for certain 'upgrades' and you can get feedback to determine if it's better to DIY.

Spoke to a rep today. She said everything has already been installed (flooring and carpet). I guess I should have thought of this before...lol....

Merry Christmas everyone!

Haven't heard from anyone in regards to their PDI in awhile. Just wondering if anyone has had a PDI during the month of December and how it went.

Is anyone doing a re-pre-inspection?

Our pre-inspection gave terrible, terrible results.

I think I posted before - but we were not happy with the finish at all.

maintenance fee

Greetings,

Does anyone know the final maintenance costs for luna/luna vista?

Greetings,

You probably won't know for awhile.

Don't worry about stuff like that, go look at some furniture.

Btw: Which building are you in? I wonder how the PDIs are coming along with the Luna Tower.

Is anyone doing a re-pre-inspection?

Our pre-inspection gave terrible, terrible results.

I think I posted before - but we were not happy with the finish at all.

I went on Tuesday for a 'look' appointment.. It was mainly to get a few extra measurements.. I saw a bunch of the defects fixed so I was pleased but I also noticed some new ones :( They will definitely get noted on the 30 day warranty.

Greetings,

First year they should be at $0.44/sqft.. Then expect to go up 10% depending on how the budget is managed.

Btw: Which building are you in? I wonder how the PDIs are coming along with the Luna Tower.

They started the Vista (tower, bldg R) PDIs on Wednesday. I heard that the PDIs have gone relatively well for building Q but the townhouses were rushed and of worst quality.

57 days and counting :D

My unit is in the Luna Vista building and my PDI is supposed to occur in February. I have yet to receive a call to book an appointment.

My unit is in the Luna Vista building and my PDI is supposed to occur in February. I have yet to receive a call to book an appointment.

Doh! Thats not what I wanted to hear. :rolleyes:

I thought they would be half way through Luna Vista now.

Majic: What's a "look" appointment and how do I book one? :D

Doh! Thats not what I wanted to hear. :rolleyes:

I thought they would be half way through Luna Vista now.

Majic: What's a "look" appointment and how do I book one? :D

when we had our PDI in november I wanted to take detailed measurements of the whole place but ran out of time. The inspector told me that I could get 'blueprints' (yah right) from customer care. I was sceptical, but right after the PDI I called customer care and, surpirse surpirse, I was told that they don't have access to the floorplans outside of what's on cityplace.ca. Great! :rolleyes: but then I was told that you can schedule a 'look' appointment (15 min or so) to take some measurements then. I was told to call back in mid-December and schedule the look appointment. They had 2-3 days before Chrsitmas and then 2-3 days in the new year. I chose the latter. It was rushed (15 min isn't nearly enough) but I got majority of what I needed.

I don't think that there are any more appointments/time slots available before move-in date but it doesnt hurt to call customer care and find out.

From what I was told, Luna (building Q) is pretty much done with PDIs and the inspectors were getting a walkthrough of Luna Vista (building R) and PDIs would have started mid last week.

FYI - the townhouses and the units below the penthouses were the crappiest in quality becasue they were running late so they were rushed.. it's all hearsay but those owners may want to have a finer comb during the initial 30 day warranty.

Pdi

FYI,

Spoke to a rep today and she informed me that people that have a unit on the 15th and 16th floors of LUna vista are being called for their PDI appointments.

I wonder what the time difference is between the day the appointment was booked and the actual PDI date.

Back