Congrat Majic, the place looks great! Can't believe you're so close now to finally moving in......I remember when you bought the place. Still driving the red MZ3 I see, nice!

Hey Prof! thanks.. it's only been 4 years now :eek: .. as for the 3, i decided to drive it till it dies or kids come into the picture.. 5 yrs old and 157K on it.. if it ain't broke .....

In that case, I shall pass. It doesn't look THAT BAD. :) Nothing an area rug can't fix in certain places.

+1 rug(s) will be required

If that's the case, then don't. If the electrical box is not visible in the ceiling, then it doesn't exist. It's illegal to bury a junction box.
If you want to drill a hole in order to hang something from the ceiling, you don' tneed permission.
Once again, after you've closed, the builder is out of the picture, you may have to answer to your BOD, not the builder.

condo board may be the only place you need to consult.. FYI - there is a junction box in the 'dining' area for a chandelier/track lighting but none in the bedrooms AFAIK

Confusing. Had no idea there was any connection between Luna and Montage, given a street divides them.

Wonder how this impacts maintenance costs, as Neo and Montage pay for the maintenance of that parking lot.

i wonder, if on a cold day, i can go from Luna underground to Sobeys ;)

Yup, I recently did my upgrades and spent just over $10K, and my condo comes pretty upgraded as is (standard granite, marble, engineered hardwood, undermount sinks, stainless appliances, etc.).

heh.. i'm glad everything is new and all appliances are included so i can dedicate the $ to furniture as all I have is a mattress (not even a frame) lol..

Pdi

Hey all,

I just received my package for my PDI. I was reading through it and I saw that it said only the home owner can attend the PDI, no family or friends. My questions is, what if I am living with my husband but his name is not on the agreement? is he not allowed to attend the PDI with me?

Thanks

Mella

Hey all,

I just received my package for my PDI. I was reading through it and I saw that it said only the home owner can attend the PDI, no family or friends. My questions is, what if I am living with my husband but his name is not on the agreement? is he not allowed to attend the PDI with me?

Thanks

Mella

that sounds ridiculous to limit it to you only, the more eyes the better for you, but not them if you find more defects.

obviously, there shouldn't be a groups of 5 ppl etc.

That's quite normal actually. to limit the number of folks getting in the way of the job.

remeber you can report things after your PDI too.

Hey all,

Thanks

Mella
I was allowed a guest. Weird.

Went for PDI today.

Issues:
-Lots of blemishes on cuboards in kitchen and washrooms.
-Sloppy paint work on crown mouldings.
-Stucco ceiling was very sloppy as well.
-Gaps between laminate flooring and wall (some are pretty big)
-Scratches and dents on laminate flooring.

The Good:
-PDI agents are very helpful and seem to be on your side.
-Suite is very nice overall.
-Lake view is killer (for now since TCHC will build a 43 story directly in front)
-No major issues
-No shortage of electrical outlets or phone & internet outlets.

The Bad:
-Ceiling felt really low (8 ft). But I'm 6'2".
-Not really a "luxury condo" as advertised.

Some pics:
img0038qn.jpg

img0039g.jpg

img0043ta.jpg

img0052hf.jpg

img0060mk.jpg

are the upper and lower cabinets the same colour?

could be the light exposure b/c they look different.

Thanks!! Hard to tell from the pics, is it spacious? Your balcony looks huge compared to other balconies.

Its all I could afford at the time so...:rolleyes:

Its not bad. Layout wise, they maximized the living room area while taking away from the bedroom area. I imagined the bedroom bigger but I would prefer a bigger living room area.

Balcony is quite large. One of the major selling points of the suite.

sweet

Went for PDI today.

Issues:
-Lots of blemishes on cuboards in kitchen and washrooms.
-Sloppy paint work on crown mouldings.

you mean baseboards right? ours were pretty crappy too come to think of it.. did your walls feel like they were primed only? now that i recall it felt like the walls were pretty chalkly..

otherwise it looks good RR! your fridge looks MUCH bigger than ours.. is it Frigidaire like the rest of the appliances? your floor looks a bit darker but then again we PDI'd on a really sunny day.

3 more months!!!

Yeah, I meant baseboards. Lots of what looks like roller fibers left over. The walls didn't appear too bad but I really didn't get a chance to examine them too much.

The fridge is an LG. Why does my fridge look bigger? Is it because we never got the "$3000 for a wooden door" upgrade?;)

did your walls feel like they were primed only? now that i recall it felt like the walls were pretty chalkly..

I asked my inspector about the walls too. I noticed the same issue. She said that it's an "eggshell" textured finish and it's meant to be like that. I'm thinking it was just a crappy paintjob with cheap paint?!

Back