Guys,

I live in College Park, Phase 1, 763 Bay.

Can anyone, please, enlighten me as to why prices in College Park are skyrocketing. In July 2009, 830Sq Ft condo was sold for $ 460,000.00/$ 554.00 sq. ft. In November, price has gone up to $ 726.00 sq.ft. Are we heading for a spectular crash in prices?

The Bay/College pocket has some serious issues ..
No supply and huge demend!!! That's driving prices up.. The only thing that will ease the supply issue is Murano is registering soon so that may ease the upward pressure
for a bit but not long. Congrats my friend for buying in this area and in CP ur gonna make a TON $

College Park

Thanks for your insight.

I had purchased 830 sq ft , 2 bed 2 baths unit in November 2001. Promised delivery was April 2004. However, actual delivery was July 31, 2006.

I purchased the unit, including parking and storage unit, for $ 257,000. Price in March 2008, when I signed for a unit in Aura, was $ 350,000.00. Latest sale of this size unit in phase 1 was in July 2009 for $ 460,000. By the looks of it, prices have gone up even higher now.

This much increase in price is gratifying. However, in a way, it is irrelevant. Unless I am forced by the circumstances, I have no desire to sell the unit. It is close to shopping (inside access to Metro), on subway, 2 blocks to the hospital (just in case). Almost every evening, I walk to the City Hall and Dundas Square. Something or the other is going on there. As they say, they will have to carry me out on a stretcher.

keep the conversation going.

Thanks for your insight.

I had purchased 830 sq ft , 2 bed 2 baths unit in November 2001. Promised delivery was April 2004. However, actual delivery was July 31, 2006.

I purchased the unit, including parking and storage unit, for $ 257,000. Price in March 2008, when I signed for a unit in Aura, was $ 350,000.00. Latest sale of this size unit in phase 1 was in July 2009 for $ 460,000. By the looks of it, prices have gone up even higher now.

This much increase in price is gratifying. However, in a way, it is irrelevant. Unless I am forced by the circumstances, I have no desire to sell the unit. It is close to shopping (inside access to Metro), on subway, 2 blocks to the hospital (just in case). Almost every evening, I walk to the City Hall and Dundas Square. Something or the other is going on there. As they say, they will have to carry me out on a stretcher.

keep the conversation going.

comparing the price for a unit bought in RoCP and Aura isn't exactly apples to apples, but i understand why you did it since it's the same developer/project.

IIRC Aura is supposedly a 'higher end' product compared to RoCP.

when i asked about details, i was asking for clarification if the units were identical floorplan and what floor level, any upgrades or same finishes on both units, etc, etc.

Ka1

Current unit is 2 bedroom, 2 bath 830 sq ft unit on the lower floor. AURA is 2bathroom, 2 bedroom and a den unit on the 26th floor, facing East. Engineered wood floors throughout and stainless steel appliances are standard. At RoCP upgrades were not available. Too ealy to say if upgrades will be available at AURA.

When I bought the current unit in November 2001, I had, financially speaking, gone way, way beyond what I could afford at that time.

I run my accounting business from the condo. As such, I found the current unit a bit tight.

I love the location. As such, I wasn't going to move to another building/location. Then, came along AURA. It is just around the corner. Further, in due course, the building will be connected to the PATH system.The fact that it is a bit upscale building was noted but irrelevant in terms of the final decision. I was looking for a bigger unit.

I have had excellent experience in my dealings with Canderel throughout -- especially warranty work. In addition to the location, positive experience with Canderel was another reason to go for a condo at AURA.

If the prices keep going up, as they have been in the last 18/20 months, I should be able to upgrade from RoCP to AURA without having to invest any additional funds.

I bought a HAMINA condo at ICE2 on the 38th floor facing south. Dou you think I would be able to have an unobstructed view of the lake despite the 2 buildings directly in front of the 65th floor ICE2?.
Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
I bought a HAMINA condo at ICE2 on the 38th floor facing south. Dou you think I would be able to have an unobstructed view of the lake despite the 2 buildings directly in front of the 65th floor ICE2?.
Thanks for your input.

The city plans to eventually build a ~50 storey tower on the triangular lot directly south of Ice. Right now, it's a vague plan with no timeframe, but rest assured that one day your view will be blocked.

Lake View unobstructed?

The city plans to eventually build a ~50 storey tower on the triangular lot directly south of Ice. Right now, it's a vague plan with no timeframe, but rest assured that one day your view will be blocked.

Do you mean to say that currently the 38th floor ICE2 condo has an unobstructed view of the lake?.

Ramako means to say that it will have an evan more obstructed view than it will have when ICE2 is built. The Waterclub buildings directly to the south will obstruct the view of the Lake. The 38th floor on ICE2 is about the same height as the mechanical penthouses on Waterclub. Looking east of Waterclub, the Harbour Square buildings will obstruct the Lake a bit more, and to the west Riviera will further obstruct the view of the Lake. The Lake will be seen, but in parts.

Can you find the UrbanToronto member getting the sales award? At the Ice groundbreaking.

CondoGeorge.jpg

From the developers:

Lanterra and Cadillac Fairview celebrated groundbreaking for Ãce at York Centre, their 1.1 million sq. ft. complex yesterday evening. Ãce was recently awarded “Best Model Suite” by BILD, and was recognized internationally as “Community of the Year” by The NationalsSM. The event was held across the street in the Galleria of Maple Leaf Square. To mark the occasion, Joe Pantalone, Deputy Mayor of the City of Toronto, and representatives from Lanterra and Cadillac Fairview “dug” into a replica of the ICE condominium community sculpted from ice. During the celebration, guests enjoyed Scandinavian-themed refreshments and live music.

“This mixed-use neighbourhood will be the striking new anchor for Toronto’s South City Core,” said Mark Mandelbaum, Chairman of Lanterra Developments. “The design by architectsAlliance includes the largest green roof canopy in Canada; features prime ground-floor retail, and will eventually encompass a major office building. Ice will also be home to a landscaped public square dotted with kiosks. Residents will have use of the new Simcoe Underpass from Bremner north to Front, and will have direct access to the 40,000-sq. ft. Longo’s supermarket opening this fall at Maple Leaf Square.”

“This is one of Toronto’s best locations,” said Barry Fenton, Lanterra’s President and CEO. “ICE is directly connected to the PATH System, and within walking distance are Air Canada Centre, Harbourfront Park, the Metro Convention Centre, Roy Thomson Hall, and the Entertainment and Financial Districts. Residents are moving into Maple Leaf Square, where a high-definition screen displays live-action games and other events at Air Canada Centre. Plus, the $640 million revitalization of historic Union Station, Canada’s busiest transportation hub, is underway.”

ICE at York Centre is situated at the crossroads of York Street and Bremner Boulevard, and extends south to Lake Shore Boulevard West. ICE is the 55-storey south tower, and ICE2 is the 65-storey north tower and final residential phase now available at this neighbourhood. Munge Leung Design Associates created the interiors and amenities. The two towers will share the Ice Spa, which will feature an indoor pool and hot tub, dry sauna, steam room, cold-water plunge pool and relaxing lounge. Amenities also include a fitness centre with the latest cardio and weight-training equipment, yoga/aerobic studio, massage room, multi-purpose party room with kitchen facilities, outdoor lounging terrace, and a business centre with furnished boardroom and meeting rooms. Residents will also enjoy 24-hour concierge service. Plus, 10 bicycles will be available for use by suite owners, as well as an AutoShare program.

The spacious suites offer dynamic views from soaring windows. Among the appointments are approximately 9-foot ceilings, choice of multi-strip engineered hardwood flooring, rich marble, ceramics or porcelain tile (as per plan), plus the Scandinavian-style kitchen design with granite countertops and designer series subway tile backsplash, and stainless steel European energy-efficient appliances, or an integrated fridge and dishwasher are also available. The Sales Centre showcases the award-winning 1,091 sq. ft. corner Phase 1 Gothenburg suite, and the separate kitchen vignette.
Available suites range from one-bedroom to three-bedroom + den layouts in sizes from 505 to 1,357 sq. ft. Prices range from the $370’s to just under $900,000. Sales Representatives can tell you about a limited-time only special bonus. First occupancy is slated for Winter 2014.

Multi-award-winning Lanterra Developments is known for providing cutting-edge architecture and superior interior design in choice locations.
The award-winning ICE Sales Centre is on the southwest corner of York and Bremner Streets, one street north of Lake Shore. Call 416-398-0085 or visit www.icecondos.com. For an overview of Lanterra Developments’ condominiums, visit www.lanterradevelopments.com.

I was at the groundbreaking and Barry Fenton predicted $1000 a foot for ICE when completed. I remember late 2006 when he predicted $600 a foot at Maple Leaf Square.. and its a bit more..

Lets wait and see... anything can happen

Back