I give the ACC ten years before it moves elsewhere--perhaps to 427 and Queensway area? That land is becoming too valuable to have just a single storey shed on site.

On this one, I gotta disagree. It's not going anywhere and Toronto's learned enough over the past decade to realize that any major sports team needs to have its arena in the downtown core. With public transit expanding etc, it's not going anywhere and sending it into etobicoke will only make it waaaay worse. If anything, we'll get another downtown large sports facility (or they'll move into the skydome) as the TFC continues to grow. BMO field is just too small and it 10 years it'll be as big as the leafs, imo.

Can you find the UrbanToronto member getting the sales award? At the Ice groundbreaking.

CondoGeorge.jpg

Meet Condo George, take it easy on me , I have heard it all before lol.

Last edited:
2 floors being added most likely bumping up the 54th and 55th by 2 in phase 1 and 64th and 65th in phase 2 so not to be unfair to the Penthouse and Sub Penthouse buyers before the added floors recd approval.

Currently there really isnt that much available. entry level units that face the office tower to the North with a pillar in the space 514 sq ft for $378,900 and you are about 60 ft away from the office tower with no view, cant sell those.

So with the added floors will bring all units back to the table and with nice views, I just dont know if we will be looking at another L Tower $800 psf new release. Yes that would be steep and unfortunately will not promote at those psf.

2 floors being added most likely bumping up the 54th and 55th by 2 in phase 1 and 64th and 65th in phase 2 so not to be unfair to the Penthouse and Sub Penthouse buyers before the added floors recd approval.

Currently there really isnt that much available. entry level units that face the office tower to the North with a pillar in the space 514 sq ft for $378,900 and you are about 60 ft away from the office tower with no view, cant sell those.

So with the added floors will bring all units back to the table and with nice views, I just dont know if we will be looking at another L Tower $800 psf new release. Yes that would be steep and unfortunately will not promote at those psf.

sorry but i don't understand what you're saying ...

you said 2 floors will be added to each tower, most likely below the SPH or PH floors.
so how will the added floors require Ice to 'bring all units back to the table' resulting in a 'new release' and how does adding floors change the views of all the units???

New York Top Agent award gala most likely to see the release of 2 added floors and pricing at this event Oct 20 to 22

Can only go 2 floors up 57 and 67 is the new height of Ice Condos, there will be a new release of units soon, most likely bumping the top two floors now higher and then filling in at the height with 2 added.

Hello,
I bought in Ice 2 2bd/781 sft in the winter promotion for $512000.00 plus $1000.00 for floor premium. Few floors up SE facing. This include parking and locker as well. I have spoken to various real estate agents and not able to get a clear answer as to if this is a good buy. Paid only 10% down in the deal. Per sft cost is $610 and $655 with parking/locker

If I speak to any other agents they recomend other options that are available in the downtown. if I speak to the same agent through whom I bought then he says everything is sold in ice and does not talk much about this. I am quite nervous if this is a good investment.

Can anyone through some light on this?? Appreciate your honest opinion even if it is not so encouraging as that will give me some idea of offloading this earlier than the closing dates.

Also can any advise if SE facing is good. Bit of lakeview but I fear it will be noisy due to Gardiner?

Last edited:
Hello,
I bought in Ice 2 2bd/781 sft in the winter promotion for $512000.00 plus $1000.00 for floor premium. Few floors up SE facing. This include parking and locker as well. I have spoken to various real estate agents and not able to get a clear answer as to if this is a good buy. Paid only 10% down in the deal. Per sft cost is $610 and $655 with parking/locker

If I speak to any other agents they recomend other options that are available in the downtown. if I speak to the same agent through whom I bought then he says everything is sold in ice and does not talk much about this. I am quite nervous if this is a good investment.

Can anyone through some light on this?? Appreciate your honest opinion even if it is not so encouraging as that will give me some idea of offloading this earlier than the closing dates.

Also can any advise if SE facing is good. Bit of lakeview but I fear it will be noisy due to Gardiner?

It's like asking if a certain stock is good or not. No one has a crystal ball into the future. Ice is as downtown as it gets. There are other options, but downtown pre-construction is pretty expensive elsewhere too. If real estate drops, you wouldn't be safe buying from anywhere downtown. The only cheap real estate investments you can find are out of downtown area. But you gotta ask yourself, do you think outside downtown is worth more or downtown is worth more? You will realize where the premiums come in. Rental wise, it's not a wise choice.

Will you get noise from the Gardiner? Chances are no since the glass is pretty thick unless you open the balcony door. Will you get a south view? Depends how high up you are. If you're taller than waterclub, you will see the lake. If you aren't intending to close there's no worry. The building south of that won't be build any time soon. It will be tall and you would need to be over 53-54 floors to get a view.

Thank you

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Why is this not good rental wise? I was told by RSA that 2 bd/2b in MLS is fetching $2400 to $2600? He said that you should be able to breakeven if the interest rates do nto jump too much. And that there is an increase of 2 to 3 percent every year.

Was that a reasonable expectation?

I know Barry Fenton (he founded Lanterra Developments)...went to school with his son and have met him many times. Nice guy when hanging out and all, but I wouldn't take part in any of his business ventures.

Back