Got some painting done over the weekend. No pictures yet but will definitely take some this coming weekend. We've got some contractors coming in tmr to smooth out the ceiling, very exciting. The "big move" will happen from Sat all the way thru to Tue. I'm not sure if I'm really ready for it but we've got to do it sooner or later so...

Still trying to figure out how to move the queen mattress. We are moving from literally across the street so it's not necessary to hire a mover but we can definitely use a couple of strong man to move the mattress & also the TV... hmmm....

Shelfun,

You can find a guy or two on Craigslist.. really cheap too, they specialize in moving individual pieces of furniture. Prob $20-30 tops.

Oh, thank you for the suggestion. I shall start the "man hunt" tonight.

How are you liking 500 so far? Once we're moved in, you should pop by & say hi.

A cousin came by yesterday to check our unit out & seem to really like it. They commented on the nice fininshings, I'm really glad. Can't wait to fully move in. If only I can blink my eye & everything is nice unpacked & cleaned in the new place... lol... I'm day dreaming...

p1030387.jpg

p1030382u.jpg

I did my PDI and I was happy with most of the unit but why do they put the large intakes on the most prominent walls of the units.
My unit has two, one in the middle of LR/DR and the other in the living room. Just like the photos posted above of unit 1910, photo 15 has the same issue as I do.

And then to make matters worse the vent is placed in the middle of the living room wall when it could have been put in bulkhead or as close to the ceiling as possible. NO???
They put the thermostat in the middle of the wall (not to the side) so you can't even hang a painting in the already limited wall space.
If you mention it them they look at you like you are crazy.
Is it me or is just that no one realizes these things until they move in and then try to hang something and realize they can't?

If no one complains about it nothing will change.
I am sure this isn't the only project this happens in either...

Last edited:
I hear ya... I didn't say anything to Kyle cos he isn't the engineer or the architect. Gotta work around it I guess.

Oh, thank you for the suggestion. I shall start the "man hunt" tonight.

How are you liking 500 so far? Once we're moved in, you should pop by & say hi.

A cousin came by yesterday to check our unit out & seem to really like it. They commented on the nice fininshings, I'm really glad. Can't wait to fully move in. If only I can blink my eye & everything is nice unpacked & cleaned in the new place... lol... I'm day dreaming...

So far so good.... I really can't think of any negatives right now. Only issue is the shower door has to be replaced...I can't close it anymore. I walked around the amenities area on the 2nd floor...coming along nicely, hopefully the gym will be ready soon (looks huge). Yea, I'll be sure to check your place out when you're moved in.

We are painting the 2nd coat today & cleaning up the unit today!!!

We move in officially tmr. I can just imagine a crazy day tmr. I'm glad we have don't have much to move except bed, tv & some clothes. The rest of the stuff are in the shops waiting for us to put money down... lol...

So neighbours, if you have time, do drop by to say hi on Mon (we have dogs so be warn of the barking).... So happy we get Monday off.

500 Sherbourne

p1030387s.jpg

p1030382e.jpg

One of the few complaints with this project is the positioning of intakes and vents. If there is bulkhead right about vent why would they put almost in the middle of the wall?
Is there some type of "code reason" for putting intakes in the focal wall of a unit? I see this all over Toronto? I am not from here so not used to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking of which... I'm not a big fan of the electronic thermostat that controls the HVAC unit. Compared to what I had before...this thing seems like it was made back in 95. You can't program it to turn off/on at certain times....I mean, the screen doesn't even light up.

This can be replaced anyways, so it's not a big deal but it's overly simplistic IMO.

At least the panel is small and is a neutral color. I've seen some huge ugly grey ones.

Question: Are those floors standard? They look nice.

Those floor looks like engineered hardwood (upgrade)... very slick.

JayBee, are you having any problem with the air conditioning? Ours' not working!!!!!! It was sooooo unbearably warm last night, couldn't fall asleep. I hope they do something about it soon. I heard another owner complaining about it too.

Those floor looks like engineered hardwood (upgrade)... very slick.

JayBee, are you having any problem with the air conditioning? Ours' not working!!!!!! It was sooooo unbearably warm last night, couldn't fall asleep. I hope they do something about it soon. I heard another owner complaining about it too.

Aren't the standard floors engineered hardwood too though? Anyways, yes...last night the A/C wasn't working but seemed to be working this morning when I chekced. I just kept the windows and doors open and was fine last night.

I thought the standard was "carpet" in the bedroom(s) & tiles for other areas, not sure.

Good to know that we're not the only one without a/c last night. Misery loves company... lol... Let's hope it'll all be working by tonight cos it was pretty unbearable last night. Even the dogs were restless.

OT question... anyone any suggestions for lighting stores? We're looking for floor / table & dining (pendant type) lamps. oh, also, we want to get the iRobot pet series vacum cleaner. Anyone any review & where can we get a good deal. TIA...

Flooring

Yes they are an upgrade engineered hardwood.
I believe there were different standards offered. Originally the laminate flooring was included, with tile in foyer.
But decided on the hardwood throughout. I think depending on when you purchased, some things were given as incentives.

www.artemide.us is a great lighting store, pretty pricey but you can probably find similar stuff at other stores.

OK, so a couple things today....the carpeting in the hallways have been installed up to at least the 7th floor. Not sure how I feel about it. It's deff. different lol. I'll take pics later today. Also a metal fencing has been installed around the building. I'm really interested to see what kind of plants will be used. A lot of trees have been installed. Fireplace in the lobby has been installed as well. I think the lobby is just about ready for furniture.

The A/C has been officially fixed...which is great since it's an absolute sauna outside loll.

Thank you JayBee for the update. I'm so delighted to hear that the a/c is fixed!!!

I must've drank at least 5 shots of espresso today just to keep awake since I didn't sleep much at all last night! 42mins more & I can pack up & head home!

Back