But dt refers to a reduction of parking by 50 spaces. Converting visitor parking to unit parking results in a net decrease of zero...

The C o A notice at 500 Sherbourne states that the unit numbers in the 34 floors Tower Building will be increased by 20. How can that work? The Tower is built, the walls are in. Something smells here...

I don't quite understand either. At first I thought they couldn't sell the "penthouse" so they are converting them to smaller units but it's not possible to "create" 20 units. From the sign, my GUESS, is that there'll be some "basement units"???!!! I wonder who's gonna live in the garage?!

I'll go to the sales office tomorrow & ask Sofie if she knows anything. 2nd person to ask will be Kyle, the PDI gentleman. Last but not least, the supervisor of the construction but I'll have to first find out who he is. *fingers crossed*

Shelfun,

I already talked to Sophie, she says she has no clue. But she MUST know since she is the one who has to sell 20 more units! The penthouse unit has been sold, so it remains a mystery where the 20 units will come from.
I will attend the meeting at City Hall on the 10th and will post the outcome.[/COLOR]

Spoke with Kyle today & here's what he told me...

The 20 extra units iin the Tower is from floor 23 - 32; taking 2 units & converting them into 4 smaller units in each floor. BUT... this "change" was already "approved" & "amended" in the "condo document" way back so he is not sure why is it being brought up now.

As for the reducing of parking spot, he have no clue what that is all about. He wants / will find out thou. Let's see what he manage to dig out.

BTW, anyone any idea how many floors are "moved-in"? Also, if there are items outstanding during the PDI, do you get another PDI before "closing"? If they are unable to "fix" all the outstanding items are you still obliged to close?

I got a chance to check out the lobby yesterday. I don't mind the wood wallpaper at all. Woulda been nicer if it was real wood but I guess that would have been too pricey. Really like the hallway wallpaper. They're installing the glass railing on the balcony above the lobby. I walked around on the 2nd floor and everything is drywalled but still a lot of work to do. With that said, it's very nice and airy.

As per a letter from the builder, residents will have to take a security picture that they'll have to walk around with. I like this as it will keep outsiders "OUT".

That would really bother me. When I'm at home I want to feel like I'm at home, not like I'm at an office. My building has more units than this one, and security is not only able to recognize the residents but also remembers people's unit numbers and regular guests (actually, when I have visitors they often remark that they like how they're greeted by name, and get buzzed in before they even make it to the desk). I could possibly understand the need for passcards for the first few months while everyone settles in, but if that policy was in place after a year I'd probably move.

That would really bother me. When I'm at home I want to feel like I'm at home, not like I'm at an office. My building has more units than this one, and security is not only able to recognize the residents but also remembers people's unit numbers and regular guests (actually, when I have visitors they often remark that they like how they're greeted by name, and get buzzed in before they even make it to the desk). I could possibly understand the need for passcards for the first few months while everyone settles in, but if that policy was in place after a year I'd probably move.

I think eventually things will get that way. Security will know you by name and never even ask to see your ID. I'd rather a place bee too safe than not safe enough. As long as you don't have to come downstairs to sign in your guests or pizza man, then I'm cool with it. My buddy lives in one of the older CityPlace buildings and anytime I go over there he has to come down to let me up.

I'm sure it's just gonna be for the initial period when there are too many people walking in & out of the building. I went in to see Kyle to book the PDI & now the concierge recognise me; I've no problem going in & about taking pictures.

i had my picture taken on thursday when I visited the building. I think you guys are mistaken. From my conversation, the picture will show up on a computer screen when you use your fob to enter the front doors.

i had my picture taken on thursday when I visited the building. I think you guys are mistaken. From my conversation, the picture will show up on a computer screen when you use your fob to enter the front doors.

Oh cool, even better. I like security & it will stop random pple from getting in & out.

exactly the reason they are doing it. No fobs for the elevators, however, you will need your fob for the parking garage.

moved in today. Seamless move. The concierge are good guys. Very happy

Congratulations!!! Perfect weather for the move, well maybe a little too warm for physical activity but it's sure nice to sit on the new balcony with a chilled beer or white wine in hand.

I went to the sales office & concierge to give some chocolate for Easter but never did get the names, my bad. Needed to be let in cos the the door is locked. M sure glad they recognised me.

more pictures!

p1030316f.jpg

p1030287r.jpg

p1030288u.jpg

p1030298p.jpg

Last edited:

Back