July 10
She is open and still don't see an outside eating/drinking area.
5925194354_72dd0a7742_b.jpg

5924631501_cce98d59e3_b.jpg

5924630103_169c9292a3_b.jpg

5925190174_1da64993f0_b.jpg

5924627603_88c54c4b7f_b.jpg

I was there over the weekend, after I got back from the Indy. - Kinda like a milestones/Jack Astors/Pickle Barrel deal, except they're from Edmonton or Calgary or something.

The waitresses are all hot. - I wonder if it's a job requirement.

I was there over the weekend, after I got back from the Indy. - Kinda like a milestones/Jack Astors/Pickle Barrel deal, except they're from Edmonton or Calgary or something.

The waitresses are all hot. - I wonder if it's a job requirement.

Apparently it is. A friend of mine said they hire models as waitresses. Not my cup of tea (hot waiters would be nicer!) A bit pretentious, I think, if it's nothing better than a Milestones, etc. I walked passed it and was turned off by the big TV screens airing TSN. Ugh. Am I the only one who finds big TV screens (or any TV screens) in a restaurant tacky? Any level of class or sophistication goes out the window for me when I see that.

I'll be passing on Joey's then, not my kind of place however it's good to have more life along this stretch so in the end it's a good thing. More importantly from my POV, I love what they did to beautify the sidewalks!

Apparently it is. A friend of mine said they hire models as waitresses. Not my cup of tea (hot waiters would be nicer!) A bit pretentious, I think, if it's nothing better than a Milestones, etc. I walked passed it and was turned off by the big TV screens airing TSN. Ugh. Am I the only one who finds big TV screens (or any TV screens) in a restaurant tacky? Any level of class or sophistication goes out the window for me when I see that.

YES! even worse At Moxie's they have TV's above the urinal's so you will never miss a goal or home run or touch down when nature calls :rolleyes:

Sounds like maybe it's part of the Earl's chain.

Same concept as Earls - I think it was founded by former employees of Earls.

Earls, Cactus Club, Joey, Milestones and Moxies are all similar upper end casual dining restaurants that make their cash from the bar sales.

Is there something wrong with hiring nice looking waitresses? This seems to be a turn off for some. Why?

Some people are heterosexual women and some people are homosexual men. and neither group is usually that interested in T & A, especially when it's flirting with them or their husband/boyfriend in the hope of getting a bigger tip.

That's the best reason I can think of.

Some people are heterosexual women and some people are homosexual men. and neither group is usually that interested in T & A, especially when it's flirting with them or their husband/boyfriend in the hope of getting a bigger tip.

Not to mention that there is a difference between classy, actually-attractive servers, and trashy overly-fake-tanned-and-brassy-blond-haired servers that appeal to nobody but heterosexual men who possess a bad taste in women.

I guess it depends how they're dressed? I'm a heterosexual male and would have no problem eating at a restaurant that had good looking gay men as waiters.

Now if they're trashy, then I won't eat there..and that goes for both male/female servers.

Not to mention that there is a difference between classy, actually-attractive servers, and trashy overly-fake-tanned-and-brassy-blond-haired servers that appeal to nobody but heterosexual men who possess a bad taste in women.

I think you need to learn how to be more judgmental.

there's no need to be bitter and jaded here. the success of Joey's Restaurant will depend on multiple factors.

LOL When did I say I didn't like my experience there apart from the servers?

I have raved about it to everyone I know. The food was amazing and they have gluten-free options. That scores points with me!

Back