LOL, I guess the time between the last post and mine show where people's minds are :p

I haven't been over to check it out in person yet, but looking at those pictures it seems to give to the street nicely. Really liking the glass "garage" opening windows. Those seem to really help connect the interior and the outside world together.

Is there something wrong with hiring nice looking waitresses? This seems to be a turn off for some. Why?

It's not a turn-off, per se, but it's not going to get me through the door, either. It's fine for places like Hooters where the name pretty much sums up the place, but for a 'normal' restaurant to niche itself this way is silly. Nice-looking servers add to the experience of a restaurant, but nice-looking doesn't have to just mean model-types.

But, whatever. The TV screens turn me off far more than who they hire.

The exterior is nice, though, especially during the summer with the windows open and it brings some more oomph to that strip. The main door is a bit imposing (big, black, cannot see through).

Last edited:
As much as people deride the eastern facade of the Eaton Centre, the northern end is far worse. There's a mystery cul de sac that leads to the fire exit of Sears wedged between the Ryerson business building and Joey's, and it always reminded me of the public space equivalent of that part of your teeth that you can't reach with a normal toothbrush and where plaque builds up.

That's Guano Alley, where the pigeons have target practice all day - it used to be more pleasant when there were movie posters along the west wall, when there were theatres there. It isn't a cul-de-sac and leads through to Trinity Church, Bell Trinity Square, the Marriott etc.

There were 25 or 30 poster windows along there for films that won the Academy Award for Best Picture each year, the most recent winner starting closest to Dundas Street and older years as one progressed south along the wall of the Cineplex cinema complex. It was a great idea. It was fun and nostalgic to walk along there and admire the old movie posters, some of which were practically works of art.

Regardless, it is the reality. The suits coming in at lunch and after work don't want Shamu the whale serving them their food. The attractive servers simply adds to the ambiance of the place.

I'm one of the "suits" that has recently come in at lunch, but I'm female, as were at least close to 50% of the people there that day. If you're going to promote the eye candy, at least give us chicks in suits something, too. We saw one male server and two male bartenders. That was it.

As for Shamu, no one's asking for morbidly obese servers. However, I'm quite happy to have average looking servers, so long as the food is good. I guess Earl's is going for the other way 'round--average food, stunning servers.

As much as people deride the eastern facade of the Eaton Centre, the northern end is far worse. There's a mystery cul de sac that leads to the fire exit of Sears wedged between the Ryerson business building and Joey's, and it always reminded me of the public space equivalent of that part of your teeth that you can't reach with a normal toothbrush and where plaque builds up.
I was looking at that plaque build-up just last night! I think the planting of a row of trees here would at least humanize the space a bit.

Nothing wrong with restaurants hiring attractive people to serve, its a genetic advantage. I see smart people also getting preferential jobs - and that is genetic too.

I want dinner, not a lesson in eugenics.

Nothing wrong with restaurants hiring attractive people to serve, its a genetic advantage. I see smart people also getting preferential jobs - and that is genetic too.

Yeah, as long as they are at least smart enough to remember your order. The waitresses at the Jack Astor's at Front and University have big tits, but are a it slow on the uptake.
I swear you have talk to them really slow and repeat your order multiple times if you want a greater than 50% chance they'll bring what you asked for.

Big tits, big burgers, big TVs, whatever -- i just wish the restaurant could have been a super tall at least 85s for this site at least? what a wasted opportunity but thats just me .02

Landsdown, your starting to sound like a troll with all these ridiculous super tall comments.

ok man but that's just you're .02 and this is m'y .02 this is freedom in action

ok man, this is a discussion board so how 'bout contributing something worthwhile then. m'y 2¢

Back