Jan 10

IMG_0418.jpg

Jan_10_13_CG.jpg

Man the Delta tower is just flying into the sky. I know that it is part of the process and the floor plan like in the front page article recently but still, damn...

What is the orange material used at the top of pwc Tower? Is that corten steel??? It's subtle but it looks super.

What is the orange material used at the top of pwc Tower? Is that corten steel??? It's subtle but it looks super.

Indeed. Very subtle splashes of colour can go a long way, especially in this neighbourhood.

I walked past here yesterday and it's looking great!

They have done a beautiful job pouring the Bremner Tower's big slanting pillars; very smooth and beautiful concrete.

Also, there is indeed glazing up on the Delta, on the east elevation. The glass appears to be going around the first level of the tower (above the podium) and will continue up the "zipper" feature. Looked good!

Yep, agreed.

On another note, when I was down here yesterday I was excited to see/sense that the area is finally starting to feel dense and full. Walking along Bremner east of Lower Simcoe is starting to have a big city feel. When phase 3 (if that's what the office building component of Ice is called) is done, Bremner will have a nice little canyon terminating on the ACC.

And then when Harbour and 10 York are done, looking down York st from Bremner will be awesome as well.

Pretty pumped.

I remember cutting across the gravel parking lot that is now Telus house and passing the giant parking lot that is PWC, and becoming Delta walking on my way to working Blue Jays games less than ten years ago.

Glazing on Delta looks good so far. There's not much up, but it looks like a hybrid system being used. From a distance, the frames and mullions appear minimal and reasonably flush. Individual panes have decent dimensions. The glass looked nice and reflective in the lunchtime sun today. I think this will be a stand-out tower in this area when complete. I'm stunned at the growth in Toronto right now!

Its nice that they positioned the Bremner Tower in the opposite direction of PWC and Telus. The north and south views of Bremner will make the tower appear to be slimmer with the wide sides facing east and west. Its not alot, but I will take whatever variation I can in what has been thus far a very repetitive area of twin towers, boxy office buildings, and giant walls of glass.

Holy glazing indeed. And in that last show, holy density!

I love how they're wasting no time on either of those. And Lower Simcoe, looking south from Front--a whole new view. Nice density.

I am liking that glass quite a bit

You like that glass quite a bit? I think a lot of folks on this forum need to take a step back, maybe 5 steps back, and realize what's happening to your fair city. This article sums it up:
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/edit...ck-toronto-s-glass-condo-towers-cast-a-shadow

I looked at Toronto as being a city of vibrant diversity, but that's certainly not the case with your architecture, that's for sure. I think a lot of you have drank the Kool-Aid. I saw the Layover Toronto episode a couple of weeks back and Bourdain's thoughts are, unfortunately, pretty darn accurate: "It's not a good looking city…it's got sort of the worst architectural fads of the 20th century."

Back