• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I like Bay Adelaide. The rest are okay at best. Functional but not going to win any design awards.

The glass on BA is great, anything built in the past five or six years in Southcore is terrific

can't wait for something to go up here. I also think this site would be great for the relocation of the Toronto coach terminal at the podium if not/and/or I hope they built 2 towers here (the lot is more than big enough to support it)

Just heard through the grapevine....

- buying gov't building on Front.
- air rights over tracks.
- approx 8 acres in total
- metrolinx and go (I think)
- 2.5 to 3 million sq. feet of office
- 600k-800k retail, anchored by Nordstrums

Design competition was held. 4 designs being revealed to management this week.

Last edited:

after how much time the winning design will be announced or revealed.:confused:

WOW ! 3 Million square feet of office space is enormous! The Burj Khalifa is just over 3 Million sq/ft! If this pans out this will certainly be our very first super tall!
banana.gif

Also exciting news about Nordstroms!

Last edited:
WOW ! 3 Million square feet of office space is enormous! The Burj Khalifa is just over 3 Million sq/ft! If this pans out this will certainly be our very first super tall!
banana.gif

Also exciting news about Nordsroms!

I would assume that if they are going over the tracks all the way to Front and planning up to 3m sq/ft of office that this development will be multiple towers. Hopefully the tallest will break 300m though!

I would assume that if they are going over the tracks all the way to Front and planning up to 3m sq/ft of office that this development will be multiple towers. Hopefully the tallest will break 300m though!

I don't think that they could build office towers over the tracks. They probably plan some decking to create a park (similar to what was proposed for the Convention Centre site). This would leave just the parcel of land east of the ACC for the 3 million sq/ft of office. Perhaps they could squeeze two office towers on this parcel but I think it would be tight so better to go with one tower. For further comparison Taipei 101 is just over 2 million sq/ft and it has an architectural height of over 500m!

Last edited:
if this will not be a 300m + tower im going to kick the .... of Ivanhoe Cambridge. :mad:

I don't think that they could build office towers over the tracks. They probably plan some decking to create a park (similar to what was proposed for the Convention Centre site). This would leave just the parcel of land east of the ACC for the 3 million sq/ft of office. Perhaps they could squeeze two office towers on this parcel but I think it would be tight so better to go with one tower. For further comparison Taipei 101 is just over 2 million sq/ft and it has an architectural height of over 500m!

If what 11x heard is true that means Ivanhoe will be able to build over the current GO bus area as well. That would be the most cost effective area to build additional tower(s). Over the tracks is definitely doable though as we have seen it in other cities, significantly the planned Hudson Yards in NYC.

Your examples of the Burj and Taipei 101 support my view that this will not be a 3m sq/ft tower. There is no way they are building something bigger that Taipei 101 here, I would put money on that! Besides, everyone on here likes height but can anyone imagine a tower that would dwarf the CN on this site??

Back