News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I don't know. First of all, many Ford supporters may not be galled by the mention of "fucking minorities" and JT being a "fag." This might just line up with their views. Secondly, and most obviously, Rob Ford's homophobia and racism are already on the record. There's the AIDS comment, the unwillingness to validate Pride, the comment about orientals working like dogs, "Gino boy," and probably many more that I'm not aware of. On top of that, these new ones will fall under the umbrella of his 'drunken stupor.' Just another "embarrassing" thing he said in a state that he "hope nobody else goes through." The extremely drawn-out parade of embarrassing revelations has really numbed the senses of the general public to the point where it might just be handcuffs or nothing.

Agreed. I expect many among Ford Nation agree with Rob's comments and will happily tell you how they hate all that political correctness crap

See, I don't know. First of all, many Ford supporters may not be galled by the mention of "fucking minorities" and JT being a "fag." This might just line up with their views. Secondly, and most obviously, Rob Ford's homophobia and racism are already on the record. There's the AIDS comment, the unwillingness to validate Pride, the comment about orientals working like dogs, "Gino boy," and probably many more that I'm not aware of. On top of that, these new ones will fall under the umbrella of his 'drunken stupor.' Just another "embarrassing" thing he said in a state that he "hope nobody else goes through." The extremely drawn-out parade of embarrassing revelations has really numbed the senses of the general public to the point where it might just be handcuffs or nothing.

All that said, I shouldn't underestimate the power of a newspaper headline that reads "They're just a bunch of fucking minorities" - Rob Ford. Also, the visceral effect of the image of him hitting the pipe may be substantial. Still, it's the criminal stuff that's really going to count, in terms of chastening "Ford Nation," whatever that is at this point.

I'm insinuating that the troll-er is CowboyLogic-esque in how they respond to things. They will offer up their opinion while avoiding to respond to specific questions as if they didn't exist. I'm not saying that he *is* CowboyLogic, I just feel that they are both playing the soft-troll.

With the Fords gone, who will take over "The City"?
ir.ashx

Karen Stintz? Seems logicial that each potential candidate should rotate as host of the "The City". Time to give the others their turn.
Stintz_Karen_Cropped02.jpg

John Tory already has his own show, so he shouldn't.
JohnTory.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else notice the stain (or maybe a rip) on Kathy Ford's pants? You'd think one would want to look presentable for television.

I've been reading some tweets from inside Nordheimer's court this afternoon and so far the Crown has totally rejected Khattak's lawyer's request for the video. Judge Nordheimer however has asked if he can see it this afternoon. The Crown has told him the earliest they can make it available is Tuesday, so I don't know what effect it's going to have on the wire-tap argument (if any). Considering that it has been determined not to be evidence in Khattak's case, it is telling that the judge still wants to see it.

I'm insinuating that the troll-er is CowboyLogic-esque in how they respond to things. They will offer up their opinion while avoiding to respond to specific questions as if they didn't exist. I'm not saying that he *is* CowboyLogic, I just feel that they are both playing the soft-troll.

Gotcha, thanks.

All that said, I shouldn't underestimate the power of a newspaper headline that reads "They're just a bunch of fucking minorities" - Rob Ford. Also, the visceral effect of the image of him hitting the pipe may be substantial. Still, it's the criminal stuff that's really going to count, in terms of chastening "Ford Nation," whatever that is at this point.

I'm going to cut Ford some slack and say that I think he said "they're just fucking minorities" the way some people say "they're just fucking kids." It's the kind of thing that can be said in a tone of fondness or sympathy. And while Ford often uses the language of a racist, the company he keeps doesn't exactly suggest he has a problem with immigrants or minorities.

Calling Justin Trudeau a faggot, is less excusable, but I'm not sure that makes him homophobic either. It's a pretty common slight used against people, regardless of their sexual orientation. I'd probably be more upset about its use if Trudeau actually was gay (which I'm assuming he's not).

I've been reading some tweets from inside Nordheimer's court this afternoon and so far the Crown has totally rejected Khattak's lawyer's request for the video. Judge Nordheimer however has asked if he can see it this afternoon. The Crown has told him the earliest they can make it available is Tuesday, so I don't know what effect it's going to have on the wire-tap argument (if any). Considering that it has been determined not to be evidence in Khattak's case, it is telling that the judge still wants to see it.

Khattak's lawyer wants to see the video to be able to show that Khattak is not in the video. The Crown has argued that it is not to be evidence, but Nordheimer hasn't ruled that. I think that's why Nordeimer wants to see it.

Losing their radio show is significant. They no longer have a controlled mouthpiece to help recover from the death spiral. Now their only way to get their message out is through the media and we know that all 4 major dailies have written editorials for Rob to step down and the on air radio/tv personalities have been increasingly critical and asking tough questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back