News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^^ So is that what we have to look forward to, banks on 3 corners, at Yonge and Bloor? That's a good way to kill the most prominent intersection in the city.

^^ So is that what we have to look forward to, banks on 3 corners, at Yonge and Bloor? That's a good way to kill the most prominent intersection in the city.

Like it or not folks, banking and finance is what made this city and continues to drive a huge segment of it's economy. There's worst things to be known for then banks.

TD is already a signed tennat for 1BE which could complicate that a bit. And FTR, TD will be keeping the Bloor/Bay branch too.

Is this confirmed? Seems kind of silly to have 2 TDs so close to each other. Also I can't imagine the 1BE having a large TD presence since the Bay Bloor location is already large and they just redid the exterior of the building.
It it's true then it's very sad day indeed.

Is this confirmed? Seems kind of silly to have 2 TDs so close to each other. Also I can't imagine the 1BE having a large TD presence since the Bay Bloor location is already large and they just redid the exterior of the building.
It it's true then it's very sad day indeed.
I also find it very odd that TD would sign a lease for the retail space - this is prime plus space, and lease rates would be through the roof.

The presence of Saks here may 'up the game' a little for 1 Bloor, and for retail south along Yonge in general. It will be a serious retail anchor.

Said building:

201191-Royal-Bank-yonge-bloor-1970s-f0124_fl0002_id0112.jpg

Remember also that the old Trader's Bank was not "in the way" of the new office building or store. A new building could be built on the site:

bloor-yonge-1-1.jpg

Attachments

• bloor-yonge-1-1.jpg
    bloor-yonge-1-1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,464
Exactly - I'd rather see an extension of the podium that recreates the street wall than a waste of space half-assed public/private space that becomes a wind tunnel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back