News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

How refreshing, a positive piece about Toronto (in the New York Times no less) with barely a mention of a certain someone. Maybe - just maybe, negative publicity could bring good things.

If someone took over the farm and disassociated himself from the killer and the property where the gruesome discoveries were made, they'd probably be at an advantage. The name would catch consumers' attention. The success of this business wouldn't hinge on publicity, but the publicity wouldn't be a bad thing if they made the effort to disassociate with the killer (which they'd obviously do).

Last edited:
As I was browsing through today's New York Times, I noticed the article is quite prominent, on the front-page of today's Travel section (Page TR 1). The photo takes up the entire top-half of the front page.

02TORONTO-master675-v3.jpg

I think that regardless of Rob Ford, Toronto's growth into a bigger city, its great qualities like walkable vibrant neighbourhoods, the fact that it's getting better and better in so many ways, and international events like TIFF & Carribana, mean that it will become more and more visible on the world stage in the future.

Toronto is one major North American city that is hard to ignore, Rob Ford or no Rob Ford.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/travel/torontos-ethnic-buffet.html?hpw&rref=travel&_r=0

Toronto getting noticed in New York and it's not about Rob Ford! Talks a lot about multiculturalism which is Toronto's signature card these days. It's a positive article and reminded me of some places that I haven't visited in a while and really should return...

Who cares?

The New York Times is a barely literate joke and the writer is a typically American moron who equates ethnic culture with food.

Fuck them and their opinion.

Anyway, the point is we don't need some lickspittle nonsense from the Grey Lady's glass-brained bylines nor should we care how they view us.

So you submit that, say, the Toronto Star, Ottawa Citizen, or Montreal Gazette are better written than the New York Times.

Remind me when any of those hired Jayson Blair. Or blew through umpteen million on a new headquarters just as print fell into the toilet. Or had Judith Miller pitching for an illegal war under the guise of far and objective journalism.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with that rag.

Back