News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone care to look up the use of the slang term 'halal meat' during this sordid tale? I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I believe it was revealed in the Lisi ITO that he used the term 'Halal Meat' when he was threatening Siad to retrieve the video. I also seem to remember a story about Smith's murder where the killer receive a coded text saying 'halal meat' telling him to take out Smith. Am I imagining this, or did that term pop up I two separate places?

Couple other things that have been gnawing at me -

1) Mo Farah saying something along the lines of " it's not right what is happening", and saying that Ford was 'exploiting' the Dixon rd youth.
2) the envelope drop-offs
3) Lisi going into Dixon on his own with no fear

I've been starting to wonder if ford is/was more than just a customer? How was he exploiting the Dixon Rd kids? Why would gun runners/seasoned dealers be afraid of Lisi? These things might make more sense if Ford was somehow part of the operation - maybe giving them 'start-up money' for lack of a better word? It would explain kickbacks in the envelopes, the 'exploiting' comment, and also why the Goonies might fear Lisi, if he is thought of as a 'made man' in Ford's crew.

Pure speculation, of course, but those 3points above are baffling to me when viewed separately.

So from the Torontoist summary of the Lisi ITO:

JUNE 21
Police interview a man named Ahmed Dirie, a friend of Anthony Smith’s who was present when Smith was shot. Dirie is in police custody in connection with the Project Traveller investigation. Via phone intercept police have captured a conversation (date unknown) between Dirie and Abdullai Harun “about how the mayor’s driver [believed to be Sandro Lisi] told him that [Siyad] was ‘halal meat’.†Police believe ‘halal meat’ is slang for ‘dead meat’ or an instruction to kill someone. [p. 79 and p. 14]

And from Metro:

However, the police had a different theory about the murder, via the wiretaps being run in the Project Traveller gang investigation.

At the Loki Lounge on March 28, just before he was shot, Smith texted Liban Siyad to say he saw Saaid Mohiadin at the club and planned to assault him, the document says.

Siyad replied, “Okay halal meat,†which police believe means “dead meat†or “kill him.â€

In minutes, an altercation ensued, and Smith and Mohamed Khattak were shot. Smith died in hospital.

These guys all ran together and used the same terminology, but the order to kill was allegedly sent TO Smith, not ABOUT Smith.

Not sure who said it, but one I remember is, "Truth is treason in the empire of lies".

Ron Paul used that line in the preface of his book, although it is a George Orwell quote. It seems to have become a right wing dog whistle talking point line in the States. Fascinating.

I'm not sure what the conspiracy charges would be for. Could be for 15 Windsor pipe attack.

Maybe for 'ordering' the beating of Scott MacIntyre?
My spidy sense has always been up about the Anthony Smith murder. If it were truly just some random gang issue, why was his phone taken at all, and not his cash also?
Add in the Windsor attack, and there is three possible "Conspiracy to Commit"s without trying too hard.

I'm told it would be for conspiracy to commit something and also more drug charges.

So basically for all the things he told Lisi to do---getting back the video, and buying back his cell phone with pot being the first that come to mind. I can see audio or video evidence from Lisi's phone being the smoking gun that would make those charges a metaphorical slam-dunk.

I never thought Fordinc would be stupid enough to be involved with the Smith murder.
Do you believe they are stupid enough to arrange a prison beating of their sister's ex by a former football player? If they're capable of that then they're capable of being involved in a murder. I don't think any of us would have predicted the Mayor would be aligned with so many small-time criminal players. Being involved with the small-timers increases the probability of being involved with the bosses, especially when it's someone with power who has secrets to hide. I'm not predicting anything - the truth could easily fall on either side of these questions.

from the CBC Guide to Surveillance Slang article:
"Halal meat: The term halal means foods that are lawful for Muslims to eat. Meat is halal under a specific set of conditions, namely the animal must be slaughtered by a Muslim. Gang members say this to each other - it was notably said to Anthony Smith - as a death threat (“dead meat” is the police interpretation)."

from the CBC Guide to Surveillance Slang article:
"Halal meat: The term halal means foods that are lawful for Muslims to eat. Meat is halal under a specific set of conditions, namely the animal must be slaughtered by a Muslim. Gang members say this to each other - it was notably said to Anthony Smith - as a death threat (“dead meat” is the police interpretation)."

Think this is an error on the CBC's part.

So basically for all the things he told Lisi to do---getting back the video, and buying back his cell phone with pot being the first that come to mind. I can see audio or video evidence from Lisi's phone being the smoking gun that would make those charges a metaphorical slam-dunk.

Yes! This has been the thought which has brought me much comfort in recent days. After all, we heard that Apple had released Lisi's phone data (presumably cloud backups of who-knows-what-exactly-but-I-bet-it's-incriminating-as-f*ck) on the 22nd of Feb. That's recent; not even three weeks ago today. Everything has come to a head since then. The Fords are looking hunted - haunted, even - and TPS has changed gear and ramped up the carefully-measured rhetoric.

I take that to mean: when they sifted through the dirt from Lisi's phone, the cops found what they needed.

What to do after 2014

afterford_zps96218bb7.png
[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back