News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably extortion by the look of the Ito. One thing I learned though is sometimes cops hide itos by filing them with different courts. Not sure if that's happened here. I also heard cops got leads for other things off Sandros phone.

Nothing to stop them continuing an investigation after an initial arrest...

Probably extortion by the look of the Ito. One thing I learned though is sometimes cops hide itos by filing them with different courts. Not sure if that's happened here. I also heard cops got leads for other things off Sandros phone.

Just hypothetically speaking, is it possible for the cops to charge him on what they already have that is ready for prime time and keep pursuing the other leads to lay on additional charges later on?

Really, Ford is a big, walking weak spot, except that hitting him anywhere has no effect; you can't actually score any points off him because he's so obtuse.

Reminds me a bit of Bobby on "King of the Hill". Many tried to break him but failed because, "Jelly doesn't break."

I'm betting there are other ITOs relating to other matters. One thing the OPP is known for is its organized crime investigation unit. Just a feeling.

Just hypothetically speaking, is it possible for the cops to charge him on what they already have that is ready for prime time and keep pursuing the other leads to lay on additional charges later on?

Definitely possible -- look at Lisi, first they brought him in on the trafficking charge. Probably to ask him some questions and try to flip him. When he wouldn't talk they brought him in on extortion a few weeks later, and they're still working the case now.

Her dad is Smyth from Chum?

Apparently, she is not. My mistake. < embarrassed >

"(And no, she's not related to legendary Canadian broadcaster/newsman/columnist Dick Smyth. "Everybody asks me that all the time," she says. "Somebody at CTV said, when they found out I got the job here, 'Did you hear who got the job? Did you hear who got the job? Dick's daughter got the job at Global!' Anyway, everybody just assumes it, and it's funny because it makes total sense, but no, it's not true.")"
http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/news/just-the-facts/1000131693/?&er=NA

Wow is right. How long have you been sexist? I think you should try to keep things rational, and your imagination in check before you embarrass yourself.---.

Since I was the target of your original comments, and a woman, let me weigh in on whether your comments came off sexist or not.

Truth be told, I was immediately offended by your response and especially the reference to being emotional. It was a direct stab at me as a woman and it made you look sexist.

When people call women emotional they are pulling out an old hurtful stereotype which suggests that women are unable to manage themselves in all sorts of situations where men can because they might become unravelled. Men have just as many unpleasant emotions as women and the subject of this Forum is the Poster Boy for unbridled anger but you won't see Rob Ford's tantrums labelled "emotional" because that insult is reserved for slapping women down.

You might think people should suck it up and accept any unkind bullshit that people throw out in a forum but let me tell you, I am old enough to remember when "emotional" was an excuse to shut me and other women out from everything from jobs and promotions to higher education. It still pisses me off today.

JWBF own your words for what they were. With snied, dismissive language you tried to silence me for daring to write about something which did not interest you. It would seem you let your emotions get the better of you when you made me the target of your frustration so now we are even.

Now, I'm a big girl and I have heard worse than what you said but if you are not being deliberately noxious, I think the right thing to do is begin again with a different tone.

TPS will call his lawyer, explain the charges, and give Ford the option of turning himself in at the station.

Ford may very well refuse, forcing the frog march in order to look like a victim, much like with his staged media gauntlets.

Either way it is going to be a zoo! I'm expecting alot of "innocent until proven guilty" rhetoric being spewed by the brothers over the coming months.

I totally think he'll refuse and will be walked out of city hall or his house in handcuffs. Basically, anything I expect a normal person to do is what I expect him not to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back