News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who paid for Rob Ford's Cadillac Escalade? Couldn't the same be done for Kathy? Maybe have her "work" cleaning the family business washrooms once a year, and get the big bucks? (Like the Soviets did with their "amateur" athletics.)

Who paid for Mikey Ford's red muscle car with the M D FORD plates? Is that another Deco lease?

Has there been any independent (non-family, non-lawyer, non-friend) third-party confirmation of Rob Ford actually making it to some sort of rehab facility, or are we just to take his word for it? Did he even say he was enrolling in anything, or would taking any kind of vacation count as rehab in his mind? I think this is a legitimate question to ask since he hasn't told the truth about any of his personal conduct for years.

Not as far as I can tell. Neither Rob nor Doug has said "rehab", just "professional help", which could mean almost anything. He could hole up in a luxury hotel for a month, have an enabling therapist drop by for a few sessions to tell him he has been under too much stress and teach him meditation exercises or something, then come back and claim to be healthy and clean. This would be an easier sell if he also lost some weight. It might even be enough to get him re-elected, and we'll be right back where we started.

He can't help it; he's an addict.

I for one hope the rehab move is a legitimate attempt to get clean. I think that deep down he doesn't want to be mayor and has ramped up the self-destructive behavior since he took the job. If he's open to the rehab process, he might actually engage in some serious introspection and gain some perspective into his life. Clearly he is deeply, deeply unhappy.

Rob seems more adept at magical thinking than personal introspection. His road to sobriety will be long. I have a family member who struggled with alcohol, cocaine then crack. He had to bottom out, lose everything (wife/kids/job/house) He was in and out of private treatment (US and Canada) and now with AA. He's 2 yrs sober and he tells me every day is still a struggle.

Last edited:
< snip > the utter loyalty to the family above all else.....

Utter loyalty to the family business, DECO.

One employer in a lifetime used to be common.

The same employers used to employ fathers and sons for generations. I remember when the City used to award candidates Legacy points to the children of long-term, loyal employees who kept their nose clean and played ball.

I believe loyalty used to be more highly valued that it is now.

Loyalty

If you work for a man, in heaven's name work for him. If he pays you wages which supply you bread and butter, work for him; speak well of him; stand by him, and stand by the institution he represents. If put to a pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness. If you must vilify, condemn, and eternally disparage, resign your position, and when you are outside, damn to your heart's content, but as long as you are part of the institution do not condemn it. If you do that, you are loosening the tendrils that are holding you to the institution, and at the first high wind that comes along, you will be uprooted and blown away, and will probably never know the reason why.
Elbert Hubbard

Not as far as I can tell. Neither Rob nor Doug has said "rehab", just "professional help", which could mean almost anything. He could hole up in a luxury hotel for a month, have an enabling therapist drop by for a few sessions to tell him he has been under too much stress and teach him meditation exercises or something, then come back and claim to be healthy and clean. This would be an easier sell if he also lost some weight. It might even be enough to get him re-elected, and we'll be right back where we started.

I think it is exceedingly likely that he has gone into rehab for real.

My theory is that the entire last few days have basically amounted to an family intervention.

Doug realized weeks ago that his brother was not going to stop binge drinking and using crack. He disappeared to Chicago to put the rehab plan in place, book the treatment center etc.

Kathy and Lisi were enlisted to put Rob in a room with crack cocaine, and "Unnamed" was there to film him getting loaded, and leak the footage of Rob huffing on the pipe in a matter of a few days. That's why there's 6 minutes of footage.

Rob of course had no idea his brother was going to force him into rehab, and is no doubt cursing as we speak, as he enters the long night of detox and drying out.

Utter loyalty to the family business, DECO.

One employer in a lifetime used to be common.

The same employers used to employ fathers and sons for generations. I remember when the City used to award candidates Legacy points to the children of long-term, loyal employees who kept their nose clean and played ball.

I believe loyalty used to be more highly valued that it is now.

Loyalty goes both ways though - I'm not going to be loyal to an employer that devalues me and proves that they have no loyalty to me in return. The large reason why people don't stay with one employer for their whole lives these days is because most employers don't value their employees at all, and are quick to get rid of them, if they even give out permanent contracts at all - more and more companies are going to rolling temporary contracts or zero hours contracts.

a convicted criminal whose past lovers/associates are scumbags of epic repute.

^
I love this thread.

Hahaha... Rob better take a look for the knife in his back while in "rehab"

reporterdonpeat 11:21pm via HootSuite
“I have no comment on that” Doug Ford when asked if he'd run for mayor if Rob Ford drops out ow.ly/wqXWd

I have long suspected that Rob's Plan B, may be Doug's Plan A.

I unno I hope he honestly gets better. He's a shit councillor and a shit mayor, but he does do a good job of making people feel heard which is why he has his base ... we can't ignore them ... he'd be a good public servant, answering phone calls and getting potholes fixed... keeping his homophobia and misogyny private.

Would be best he didn't have a vote on council though. Get clean and answer phones. Coach football. He's not so bad at that. That's what he should do. Stay away from the big leagues.

Sadly, that ship has sailed. What team would have him at this point?

I'm sure Euler is being facetious, but, he could organize and pay for a prison football league. He should never be around kids (fatherless fucking minorities or not)... and that's just going off the lying to get Paymen Abdohloohwala hired, not the unreported depravity that he almost certainly exposed them to.

<snip> he could organize and pay for a prison football league.

Mean Machine, MEAN MACHINE!

Most of these old boys don't have nothing. Never had nothing to start with. But you, You had it all. Then you let your teammates down, got yourself caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Oh I did, did I?

Oh I ain't saying you did or you didn't. All I'm saying is that you could have robbed banks, sold dope or stole your grandmother's pension checks and none of us would have minded. But shaving points off of a football game, man that's un-American.

"You gotta be a football hero, to get along with the beautiful girls!"

NO big surprise, hasn't anyone noticed that all Ford branding is interchangeable? It doesn't say Rob on it - it just says Ford for Mayor.

^ Good point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back