News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't use that f word. It should be banned from ever being used in Toronto again.

Haha - I only recently realized how much I used that word irl - and now I stop myself from using it when speaking.

However, the use of the 'f' word in this post was deliberate - I was trying to be funny by mimicking DoFo. (...I guess if I have to explain the joke it's not funny). :)

What else have you got to do???

lizchurchto 11:22am via TweetDeck
"I'm working on it. Every media outlet in the world is calling me. I'm trying to get to it," Doug Ford on proof Rob Ford in rehab.

How about a selfie with his rehab councilor? It would be fitting.

You mean in comparison to a crack amp'd Rob Ford?

I'm more thinking in comparison to Miller's energy, but now that you mention it, unfortunately for all of us I have spoken to several Chinese (sorry, I guess that should be "oriental") businesspeople who have made the Chow-Ford energy comparison to me with a straight face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sold on Chow because she doesn't leave me with the impression that she has the energy to do the job, but I'm interested in your assertions about her propensity to foolhardy spending. Is that based on anything in particular, or more of a generalized feeling about "the NDP"? Sorry about OT

I don't know about her energy level but I'd be willing to bet that she'd be likely to put in at least 40 hours per weeks which is more than we can say for Mr. Mayor.

As for spending, I was referring to her expense account spending. By all accounts I have seen, she spends well. I didn't speculate on whether it is/would be foolhardy. I assume it is within guideline but understand it to be healthier than most of her peers. There is a difference however, between being within guidelines and being judicious in spending. For example, the difference between an angus steak dinner and a chicken dinner. Both could be within the maximum allowed but one is clearly more cost effective while being equally nutritious. Presumably if there were actual issues with her expenses it would have been brought to light by now. I won't pretend some of my caution isn't brought on by the NDP brand for sure.

Last edited:
She was just on again (10:40), no mention of seeing the video this time but she said "it's been just about a month since the Mayor left for rehab" (paraphrasing), so I think she's just talking sh*t off the top of her head.

That could just have been her misspeaking though, and she probably meant to say a week into his month's rehab or something like that.

Just to be clear, I am not wishing for Rob Ford's demise, but even if Doug said Rob has passed away, nothing short of his dead body, that I could personally nudge with my foot, could convince me of ANYTHING to do with the Fords.

If Ford is indeed going through divorce proceedings, then the rehab (or appearance thereof) seems like a plan to mitigate losses. Rob, as an ongoing and very public addict, basically just handed her the kids, the house and a good portion of Rob's share of Deco. She has the support of her parents to help care for the kids. He has what? An enabling, dysfunctional family with a history with drugs who are in an incredible amount of denial about it all.

Methinks rehab is less a political ploy and more a marital one (that can get spun as political).

Last edited:
I don't know about her energy level but I'd be willing to bet that she'd be likely to put in at least 40 hours per weeks which is more than we can say for Mr. Mayor.

As for spending, I was referring to her expense account spending. By all accounts I have seen, she spends well. I didn't speculate on whether it is/would be foolhardy. I assume it is within guideline but understand it to be healthier than most of her peers. There is a difference however, between being within guidelines and being judicious in spending. For example, the difference between an angus steak dinner and a chicken dinner. Both could be within the maximum allowed but one is clearly more cost effective while being equally nutritious. Presumably if there were actual issues with her expenses it would have been brought to light by now. I won't pretend some of my caution isn't brought on by the NDP brand for sure.

What the hell are you talking about? Your choice of mayor has to do with how much they personally spend on expenses? We're talking differences of a few thousands of dollars. Anything to save a millionth of a penny on your taxes, though, am I right? How unfortunate that the Fords' petty logic has so thoroughly infiltrated your thought process.

If Ford is indeed going through divorce proceedings, then the rehab (or appearance thereof) seems like a plan to mitigate losses. Rob, as an ongoing and very public addict, basically just handed her the kids, the house and a good portion of Rob's share of Deco. She has the support of her parents to help care for the kids. He has what? An enabling, dysfunctional family with a history with drugs who are in an incredible amount of denial about it all.

Methinks rehab is less a political ploy and more a marital one (that can get spun as political).

Interesting theory.

Choosing an elected representative by what they had for dinner is INSANE.

There's a myth that the person who spends the least on their office budget is somehow the most fiscally responsible. These people are managing budgets of hundreds of millions of dollars. That's a very different task than managing your pocketbook.

Look at their track record of managing large organizations and achieving goals with the available resources.

Whether she had chicken or steak for dinner couldn't possibly mean less.

If ford is indeed going through divorce proceedings, then the rehab (or appearance thereof) seems like a plan to mitigate losses. Rob, as an ongoing and very public addict, basically just handed her the kids, the house and a good portion of Rob's share of Deco. She has the support of her parents to help care for the kids. He has what? An enabling, dysfunctional family with a history with drugs who are in an incredible amount of denial about it all.

While ^this merits only 1 or 2 (out of 5) tinfoil hats (it is, frankly, mundane, and the lack of a mafia connection is particularly disappointing), it's quite plausible.

EDIT: Is "Rob's share of Deco" actually at risk? For one thing: I'm sure Hotmail Lawyer knows how to buy a pre-nup kit (Wordperfect 5.1 compatible version) from Grand & Toy. But equally relevant: given that Deco is held in a family trust, isn't it the case that Rob's entitlement to benefit from the trust (i.e. the entitlement through which Renata's legal claim would need to be made) is at the discretion of the vote of the trustees, and therefore can be denied if a majority of the trustees so determine?

Last edited:
John Haines is well known for RIPPING OFF ADDICTS. He is NOTHING MORE THAN A CONMAN. "BE WARNED"
His latest venture: Addicton Canada Treatment Network, Ontario North Addictions. Still operates Pickerel Lake Recovery, Muskoka Recovery Centre ( unzoned, armourtownship in Burk's Falls) Vita Novus, Lotus, Recovery Network, How it Works Recovery, and some others. Put the word Complaints after any of his rehab centre's and you will find tons of it!

http://blog.canadiandrugrehabcentres.com/2011/12/16/welcome-to-pickerel-lake-recovery-center/

http://www.reviewstalk.com/complaints-reviews/vita-novus-new-life-recovery-center-l2225.html

http://blog.canadiandrugrehabcentres.com/2012/08/25/muskoka-recovery-center/

http://www.reviewstalk.com/complaints-reviews/addiction-canada-treatment-network-l33247.html
Well, yeah. I think that's why most people assume that if Rob is in any sort of rehab, he's probably there. It just makes sense. Since Haines is a crook and a con man, the Fords probably already have connections to him. I would imagine he sold his resort as a safe place to hide out, if that's the case.

With the exception of custody - this is not how divorce works - finances and RRSP's get split down middle plus she might get spousal support for the number of years she's spent at home while he worked (and that's only to equalize the divorcing spouses, so no huge payouts).

If ford is indeed going through divorce proceedings, then the rehab (or appearance thereof) seems like a plan to mitigate losses. Rob, as an ongoing and very public addict, basically just handed her the kids, the house and a good portion of Rob's share of Deco. She has the support of her parents to help care for the kids. He has what? An enabling, dysfunctional family with a history with drugs who are in an incredible amount of denial about it all.

I think you might be on to something. Renata must be a divorce lawyer's dream. Just look at how Robbie humiliated her twice in one day, the day of the "enough to eat at home" comment: making the comment itself, and then having her stand there in front of the world so everyone can visualize her and Robbie in flagrante delicto (urrgh). Oh yeah and then needlessly dragging her through the crowd of assembled media, rather than take the exit near the podium.

Not to mention of course the substance abuse, possible domestic violence, consorting with hookers, and god knows what else has gone on behind closed doors. The mind reels.

Hopefully this hail-mary rehab stunt won't carry any weight in a divorce proceeding.

I can't think of anything that Doug could put out that would satisfy me wrt Rob being in Rehab all this time.
Whatever he does put out is going to be weak, it's going to be backed up by ambiguities and it's going to leave 1,000 more questions than it answers.
Short of a statement from the head of a reputable rehab facility, I'm probably not going to believe it.

To that point, Doug shouldn't name the location, and if he does he's an a-hole. The privacy of other patients needs to be maintained. You just know if it came out that Rob was staying at 'xyz', every other patient at 'xyz' along with their families and friends would be mobbed by the media underbelly for an inside scoop.

For others here, what COULD Doug put out there that would prove to you that Rob has been in rehab?

Plenty of bigger celebrities than Rob have been in publicly identified rehab facilities without the media swarming the places like locusts and ruing the lives of all the other patients. This whole argument is based on a fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back