News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference does it make how seriously they're taking rehab? It's obvious that it's more a political initiative than a health initiative. Ford should have resigned and withdrew from the campaign if he was serious about getting better. For that reason, anyone with a spine on council shouldn't have accepted his absence. But sure, they've put him away in a facility for now. Doesn't really matter to me if that happened yesterday or a week ago. Except that I thought we'd get a break from him for awhile and maybe Toronto residents would realize that life is better without the clownshow and not welcome any comeback. Hopefully the new Star revelations might be a nail for his coffin. Proving he was at a Tim Horton's a couple mornings ago isn't going to have any impact on anything.

I agree that Rob is probably in rehab of some sort (now, at least), but I also need to hear something more than "Someone identifying themselves as Rob Ford's doctor told us...." I need a name. It could have been frickin' Dr. Dre for all we know. "You'll have to take our word for it" just doesn't cut it in this case. I mean, I'm sure that scammy rehab resort in Muskoka has doctors willing to confirm that Ford is under their care, and if that's the case, it would effect my opinion on how seriously they're taking this. There are actually a lot of little clues in both the CBC report, and the quotes from Doug, that make me think this is still not totally on the level---"Rob will leave when he feels he's ready"? What kind of rehab lets the patients decide when they're ready?

As for the "We can't give any names because of the safety of the patients, blah blah blah..." that's a smokescreen. Look at any celebrity who's ever gone into rehab (when we actually knew they went into rehab) and that information is always out there. The Fords don't want the information out there in this case because they don't want people looking at it too closely. That's the bottom line.

The first quote isn't that hard to answer. Rehab isn't prison. Patients are free to leave any time.

The safety of the patients does seem a little overblown. Canadian media are not paparazzi and any skirmishes have happened because the Fords would not answer legitimate questions, not because they were aggressively seeking out new Ford stories to report. Some celebrities are protected in the same way - it depends on how famous they are. Michael Jackson for example could not have entered a rehab facility without a screaming mob and photographers. It does speak to the weird mindset of Doug Ford though as he believes they are the Kennedys and that they are bigger than the Kardashians.

I am not a lawyer, much less an ON criminal lawyer, but that makes no sense at all to me. When, ever, has some alcoholic driver been tailed over and over but never been charged, with the goal of using the evidence for either a super-duper DUI case, or some more serious criminal case?

I'm no lawyer either, but doesn't there have to be blood alcohol level evidence to convict someone of impaired driving?

CBC just ran their "exclusive" report confirming that Ford is in rehab according to his "doctor". No information about who this doctor is, of course, which I think is pretty pertinent. Sandro could be Rob's doctor, for all we know---"I'm takin' care of ya, aren't I? That makes me your doctor. Tell 'em I say Robbie's doin' real good under my care and he ain't goin' anywhere till he's feelin' better".

I really get the impression that CBC's hunger for a scoop kept them from doing their due diligence on this one. Still too many unanswered questions and "You'll have to take our word for it"s, from both Doug and the CBC.

Somehow I think they did as much as they could. I bet Doug went further by getting a real doctor to play it off. I don't doubt he might be somewhere *now* ...
Well I doubt but not as fiercely.

Timmy's are all independently owned. And, this particular Tim's was close to home. It's likely that Doug knows the owner (having lived there long enough to see the place open). It's just not credible to me unless verified by an independent 3rd party.

Until very recently, the Tim's in Little Malta was a Baker's Dozen.

How are the Fords wealthier than me? I must be completely messed up. I can't even afford a telegraph lawyer, not to mention Hotmail LLB...and I actually work for a living. Rehab? Out of the question. I had to do that myself. A house? Can't afford one of those either.
We sure as hell aren't living in a meritocracy.

Us working stiffs can get a pretty decent OHIP rehab if we apply ourselves, sure we don't get spa treatments or a cushy view of some mercury polluted lake but we get something even better, a life.

Could there be a public inquiry as to how many times Toronto Police observed Rob Ford in illegal behaviour that was a threat to public safety without charging him? Please explain like I'm five.

I totally agree with your key point. It seems impossible not to conclude that TPS has been risking innocent lives.

However, I can't resist making a barely relevant rhetorical point ...

http://xkcd.com/1364/

All of this just makes me think that Warmington made up that entire story of Ford saying rehab was "amazing" and like "football camp".

And the idea that Rob Ford stopped to change in a bathroom doesn't sound so out of the ordinary now. Perhaps on his way to the hospital - or on the way back to rehab, depending on the timeline. Anyone who is feeling crappy would not want to be wearing formal clothes and he could have insisted on stopping to change. I don't believe Tim Horton's or Doug on that account.

The lies and obfuscation are irritating. Between Warmington, and the Ford family, it's no wonder the default is to disbelieve anything they say.

Posters were being chastised here only a day or so ago for coming up with wild and seemingly preposterous conspiracy theories. In this story the truth is more bizarre than many of the conspiracy ideas put forward on this thread.

The man who recorded the audio of Ford at Sully Gorman’s bar two weeks ago told the Star Ford’s ability to drink shots of tequila is “incredible.”)

Was Warmington forced to share his source with the Star to defend his story?

His tirade is interrupted by a call from Dennis Morris, Ford’s lawyer. Morris voices immediate concern that Ford is driving and tells him to pull over. Ford does not respond kindly. Morris suggests the police may be tailing him.

“The cops are f---ing right behind me. They are, it’s fine,” Ford says.

Morris tells Ford he cannot be driving drunk.

To which Ford responds, “Yeah, you never had your f---ing kids taken away.”

(Asked this week if he recalled the incident and telephoning Ford, Morris said he believes his client was parked at the time.)

Did TPS call Ford's lawyer to tell him to stop driving impaired?

Much love for xkcd Calgarian.

Last edited:
Don't click it, people. it's Warmington spinning a long-winded story about how he asked Doug all these questions, natch, but Doug wouldn't tell him and blah blah. The only relevant bits (and I use the term loosely) are Doug saying "I don't want to go back in the past," and Warmington ending with Doug being asked to take selfies by people saying they'll still vote for Rob.

People will wonder for years how this man ever got near public office, much less the mayoralty of this city. (It also makes me wonder if he was always been THIS screwed up or if he's gone off the rails with the pressure of being mayor etc.)

I agree with the other person who said that when a Sun, especially Warmington article is up, whoever posts the link should also post the entire article, that way we won't give Warmington the clicks.

I think Ford was always screwed up but he has gotten way worse as his term went on. He had the sense not to beat the crap out of Dale 2 years ago, something I don't think he would do today if the situation presented itself again. He is on a huge, downward spiral. I don't think rehab can fix him, and after seeing Doug's comments tonight, his family will continue to prop him up.

Doug tonight with no apology, of course.

ddale8 11:20pm via Web
Doug Ford on tonight's Star story: "It’s not good what they said happened but I don’t want to go back to the past."
It sounds to me like the Ford's current catch phrase is "the past is the past".

I posted an utterly contemptible, crass, misogynistic photoshopped image of Rub with a caption that really did capture his true essence. I posted it on a Sunday morning after a Saturday night Ford bender where he mentioned to a passer by that was having his stag "it's the worst mistake of your life", he later told a heckler, "Your mother should have swallowed you" or something to that extent. I was taken to task for it, and I seriously was upset because it was TRUE to Rub Ford and his mindset, it's ugly, yes, but sometimes we need to get in the trenches to expose those who are contemptible. George Carlin would have done it better than me but I'm just a citizen.
Sorry, but it was REALLY offensive.
It would not be ok if you posted something similar, disparaging the glbt community or people of other races. Why would it be ok to post something that is offensive to half the population? You didn't preface it either, with your commentary above, saying: This is what RF thinks, or words to that effect.

Last edited:
How are the Fords wealthier than me? I must be completely messed up.

We're all idiots for not being in the label business, if being in the label business means you can take a private jet to California with an entourage, and another private jet to your rehab in Chicago, if being in the label business means you can buy the kids sportscars as soon as they get their license, if it means you can finance all that and political campaigns and still have lots left over for drugs booze and hookers. Somehow I thought the margins would be tighter on printing labels for third-tier brand shampoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back