Regarding those patios, they do look pretty awkward right next to Yonge Street. If I were eating there, I probably wouldn't help myself from thinking a car accidentally mounting the curb and smash right into where I'm sitting.

I've often thought that bollards such as the ones used in Paris would be advisable on some busy downtown streets.

CIMG7677.jpg

CIMG7678.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG7677.jpg
    CIMG7677.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • CIMG7678.jpg
    CIMG7678.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 985
The value of good photography is growing on me.

It can be made to look gorgeous and it can be made look even worse than it is. Depending on the photo composition and perspective.

Love the top half, frustrated with the bottom. It could have been so much better but the podium and basement are horrible, so it fails. Nice for postcards terrible for living with.

I think they got the angle of the roof, just perfect. I have a feeling that most people are gonna love that roof. (and the lighting too) This and L Tower are both bringing some much needed zip, to our skyline.

I've always thought Aura would turn out better closer to completion...I think the opposite will happen at One Bloor

Based on what? There's no evidence suggesting anything remotely like that will happen. That people are entertaining comparisons between the two (beyond height) is staggering.

Back