News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of reading Warmington's article and right away I saw this “I can’t wait to come back,†he said. “I can’t wait to get in there and debate Chow and Tory.†Did I miss something? Are "Chow and Tory" his drinking buddies?

Same old Rob. Not a shred of respect, decorum or class. When did it become acceptable to refer to people without their titles? In public life, few people refer to their peers or even their adversaries in such casual language. Even when they are fighting about some legislation, they always say I would like to address the honourable M.P. Mrs. Chow - or something of that nature.

Perhaps a small point but language tells us a lot about the talker. I'm tired of people who cannot at least offer the most basic courtesy to others. He's still a buffoon; perhaps a sober one for a few moments, but a buffoon nonetheless.

Now I will return to the article and try not to let it ruin my day.

I made the mistake of reading Warmington's article and right away I saw this “I can’t wait to come back,” he said. “I can’t wait to get in there and debate Chow and Tory.” Did I miss something? Are "Chow and Tory" his drinking buddies?

Perhaps a small point but language tells us a lot about the talker. I'm tired of people who cannot at least offer the most basic courtesy to others. He's still a buffoon; perhaps a sober one for a few moments, but a buffoon nonetheless.

It upsets me even more when Ford calls what he does "debating."

The debates themselves barely live up to the name, but Ford can't even get over that low bar.

It upsets me even more when Ford calls what he does "debating."

The debates themselves barely live up to the name, but Ford can't even get over that low bar.

What baffles me is how a thoroughly unatactive (inside and out) FoFam can repeat the same bullshit talking points, without challenge and have it written in the media as gospel. It's like a giant cult brainwashing job.

Anyone (Jimmi?) heard anything about ford being arrested soon after returning?

It seems like the TPS and Crown will have had time to catch their breath and take stock of what they have.

Hayes is catching a fair bit of flak on Twitter for being noncommittal about asking DoFo any tough questions.

yeah, I fired a shot at him; no desire to hear about gravy or a billion dollars again. Hope he asks him about the homophobic/racist stuff (although we know Doug will say "Rob loves everyone")

WTF is going on here? I'm trying to catch up on pages and the thread got 3 pages shorter while I was reading!?

was there really 3 pages of stuff that needed deleting?! :confused:

I doubt that all this is very good advertising for Greenstone. Not only do they seem to allow their 'patients' to wander around the countryside and take and make phone calls but one of their recent 'graduates' was just arrested for drunk driving. Any rehabs I have heard about try to TOTALLY separate their inmates from their past lives (and families) and that has clearly not been happening here.

There is a market for "bad" rehabs, too, no? Anyone who's being pressured by family/ friends to get clean can just go there. You know they won't be too hard on them or strict, you won't have to delve too deeply into anything you don't want to deal with, etc. When you get out you'll get the love, support & forgiveness of your family -- it'll be months before they notice you're off the wagon and everything deteriorates to the same starting point again. At least you'll have bought yourself 6-8 months off from them nagging you (I don't imagine addicts are that big on long-term planning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back