News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has Mikey Ford done for his community that makes him think he can be a councillor? Being a camp counselor doesn't count.
He saw his mom's ex husband kill her partner. He must give him some qualifications.
Edit: Is Ennio Stirpe Mikey's father? Did he watch his father essentially kill his step dad?
This family tree says that ES is MF's father. That kid has no chance with those genes!

Last edited:
Rob Ford is holding Ford Fest Scarborough next Friday.
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/490231771435655168/photo/1

'Cause giving alcohol to a possible mob is not a bright idea... more than likely, Musik can't or won't "donate" libations for some reason, i.e. cost of a licence in the park, or something about code of conduct violations. The Fords will probably use his "disease" if pressed for an answer.

Sorry, haven't been on the board much....how do we know this?

Spies, spies, spies... damn spies!

Actually twitter ruminations.

Last edited:
I'm just delurking to say a quick hello. I don't live in Toronto. I'm just an observer from another province.

I gotta admit I thought I'd hate it if I ever visited Toronto. But then I got to stay there last summer for five days and had the best tour guide - my stepbrother (who works in the media). And I admit I fell in love with Toronto. If I wasn't so broke now I would have gone back this summer, too!

Long before I visited TO I had been fascinated by Rob Ford and the city's inability to get him ousted from City Hall. After the visit I became nearly obsessed. I had my own encounter with the man just shortly after getting off the plane. We headed straight to a pre-season Argos game at Varsity Stadium. As my stepbrother was finding a place to sit, he told me to stay in one spot while he scouted for seats. He left me and my mom standing just a few feet from Rob who was watching the warm ups. I tried not to gape, but it wasn't long before a security guard was in my face telling me there were no seats available in that section. After the game I saw him surrounded by a bunch of people all giggly and getting photographs. It's the craziest thing to witness when you're not from there. It's like they're drugged or something. Here is this vile human being and people fawning all over him like he's found the cure for cancer. It's so terribly strange. And scary. I no longer have to wonder at how evil dictators come to power.

Anyway, I mourn for what Rob is doing to your wonderful city.

There is one comment I wanted to share. When we were visiting with my stepbrother I asked, "How in the world did Rob Ford get to be Mayor and why won't anyone stand up to him?" His reply came quickly and I've never forgotten it: "Probably because they're all scared." I asked for clarification and he said, "Like scared for their lives."

I was stunned. And it still gives me chills when I think about it. I don't think my stepbrother has or had any special knowledge, but I thought it was interesting that it was generally accepted that the Ford are scary people, capable of violence.

I'll go back to lurking now.

Prairie girl, you've said what many of us are thinking. How in the world did he get voted in. And even more important, how in the world do we make sure he gets absolutely destroyed in the October election. Thanks for your story - keep the faith! And also your nice comments about Toronto!

'Cause giving alcohol to a possible mob is not a bright idea... more than likely, Musik can't or won't "donate" libations for some reason, i.e. cost of a licence in the park, or something about code of conduct violations. The Fords will probably use his "disease" if pressed for an answer.

Daniel Dale just tweeted that Ford Fest will be a no-alcohol event. Should keep much of the crowd away.

The sad part about Mikey's candidacy is that he could very well win. The last vestiges of die-hard Ford Nation are in North Etobicoke.

He's registered because the Fords know Rob isn't going to win. Mikey is just holding the seat for Uncle Rob to slide into after the election. Pathetic. It's like we're never going to get rid of the Fords.

He's registered because the Fords know Rob isn't going to win. Mikey is just holding the seat for Uncle Rob to slide into after the election. Pathetic. It's like we're never going to get rid of the Fords.
I don't understand the concept of "holding the seat" for Rob Ford. If Mikey wins, he's going to step down and his uncle will automatically be put in his place? That's not how it works.

Holding the Seat

I don't understand the concept of "holding the seat" for Rob Ford. If Mikey wins, he's going to step down and his uncle will automatically be put in his place? That's not how it works.

"Holding the seat?" I thought we had gone past the toilet discussions by now.

Regarding rocks and umbrellas and public washroom costs, I think people are missing the bigger picture. This is all a campaign tactic. Umbrellas are the new Kyle Rae retirement party. There will be more of this in the months ahead. It's pretty much the only thing Ford has going for him.

Would it not be a bye election if he 'retires' really really early? I thought there was some by law about election in the first two years, but if it's the last two years city council appoints someone?

Since when has Ford worried about small details. He thinks the seat belongs to them, so one Fords as good as another. He'll just be Mikey's lovely assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back