News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor Rob FordVerified account
‏@TOMayorFord
On sale Monday, 10 AM, 15 Weston Wood Rd, "Robbie Bobbies" in support of the Humber River Regional Hospital

https://twitter.com/TOMayorFord/status/505744079661985794

View attachment 32171

So what exactly do you think "a portion of the proceeds" means? Where is the rest going given that this is being promoted through his mayoral account?
I thought he was selling them at mom's house. Guess the neighbours have had enough of the type of people that Ford attracts. It seems like such a nice neighbourhood, too bad they have to put up with the trashy Ford family.

My insides were a pile of hot lava and I was SHAKING from the adrenaline - not out of fear but out of not letting the moment pass. They were very casually having a conversation. Norm seemed happy and also took most of the pictures for Ford. That bothered me.
At some points I could hear Ford's voice go like when he says DooOOOlllarss!! so I don't know if they were there being friends or maybe Ford was doing some quick time making up. They left with Norm outtie before Ford - all the staff needed his picture dontcha know. He made everyone giggle and snort and poof he was gone in a puff of escalade smoke.

And FWIW my mother just admonished me on the phone for doing what I did. Both because I was vulgar to a mayor, and mostly because she thinks now I will be whack'd.
I'm proud of you but disappointed in Kelly.

I thought he was selling them at mom's house. Guess the neighbours have had enough of the type of people that Ford attracts. It seems like such a nice neighbourhood, too bad they have to put up with the trashy Ford family.

that is the address for mamma ford's house.

I headed into this election well intended to support Olivia chow but I am seriously underwhelmed. She has a few moments in each debate that are just cringe- worthy. Last night when she was going on about the boy who just wanted to learn 'basketball lessons' I almost couldn't take it. I support children's programs and really do think they are important but I'm going to need to see something beyond her hope and optimism and anecdotes.

Have to agree. It reminded me of Hudak at the televised debate and all his little personal anecdotes, and we all know how he did on voting day. While Chow showed some moments of fire, and was thankfully not reading directly from her iPad, I wasn't overly impressed. Obviously she'll make a better mayor than Ford - all of them would - but I want a candidate to really convince me, not just be better than Ford.

To be fair though, debating skills aren't how I will make my decision. That will all come down to platform. So far I find the top 3 to be incredibly underwhelming, and obviously Ford, who has released absolutely nothing platform-wise, is completely out of the running.

i believe i remember someone on here saying something about it being unlikely for people that want ford to resign to change their minds. well...
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/30/rob-ford-is-in-the-groove

FWIW, Darrell Bricker, CEO of Ipsos is not impressed with Forum's latest poll:

Darrell Bricker @darrellbricker · 10h
Take 1 unconfirmed midsummer robocall poll, add zero skepticism about how it was done, and you get this. http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...t-the-common-man-still-matters/?__federated=1 …

Darrell Bricker @darrellbricker · 10h
Journos - if a poll seems weird, first reaction should be extreme skepticism rather than rushing to soil the public square with it.

Darrell Bricker @darrellbricker · 9h
Any poll with unique finding should be treated with extreme caution until confirmed by other polls. Preferably using different methods.

Well turns out I couldn't help myself. I went and told Norm he did a great job, and started to tell RoFo that I've not always been political and I'm undecided...he said "you ARE going to vote though." I said "oh yes. And you have to leave."The whole time he stared at my chest and I couldn't take it anymore and said "quit looking at my ***s you mysoginistic asshole!!"

A couple people said thank god cause the whole morning was people sending their little kids over to get magnets.

His minion with the goatee was there snapping pics of everyone.

Yaitsme!! Holy wow! Sincere thanks for making his hangover hurt even more.

Lordy. Don't go read it but now Warmington has Ford "on record" saying the goose thing never happened - just like the Newtonbrook incident that never happened. That he's allowed to make that secondary assertion (which was never disproven; which never lead to a threatened libel suit) is just amazingly irresponsible on the Sun's part.

On Twitter Warmington is reduced to the same "maybe it happened but I won't believe it without proof" crap that he stuck to on the crack video (which, presumably, he believes now even though he never saw it). Nevermind that it's in official documents that Rob Ford had an official opportunity to refute and it never happened.

[Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he made them roll on the grass and wasn't aware of the goose droppings, but that doesn't mean they weren't there or that other people didn't see the kids rolling in them. he could have acknowledged that possibility but saying it just never happened is pathetic, even if it's in keeping with his "best mayor ever," "no one's done more for X than Rob Ford," "come to Jesus moment," childish absolutism.]

And, of course, having established the goosecrap thing never happened, Warmington than, ever the JOURNALIST, goes on about all the other things that are just going so much better for Rob now that he's clean and sober. Family, the campaign, everything but the unicorn that flies him to work every morning, though if he'd said that, Warmington would have run that too.

I can't put into words what a terrible person I think Warmington is for pretending that what he does is anything resembling journalism, even opinion journalism. Printing "both sides" of a story isn't required to present a "fair" story when one side is an overt lie. And printing only one side (which he routinely does) can't be played off under the guise of "I'm a columnist so I can have an opinion!"
Columnists rarely interview people and if you are interviewing the mayor, a let's-say controversial political figure, and presenting what he says uncontested (ESPECIALLY when he isn't talking to someone else), you are working for him and not for the newspaper or your readers.
(And, not that he'd care, but someone should explain to Rob that his willingness to speak to no one but the most unquestioning, sycophantic journalist in the city makes him look utterly weak and spineless.)

Last edited:
Well turns out I couldn't help myself. I went and told Norm he did a great job, and started to tell RoFo that I've not always been political and I'm undecided...he said "you ARE going to vote though." I said "oh yes. And you have to leave."The whole time he stared at my chest and I couldn't take it anymore and said "quit looking at my ***s you mysoginistic asshole!!"

A couple people said thank god cause the whole morning was people sending their little kids over to get magnets.

His minion with the goatee was there snapping pics of everyone.

OMG I love you.

The whole time he stared at my chest and I couldn't take it anymore and said "quit looking at my ***s you mysoginistic asshole!!"

The standard rely to that is usually, "Please tell your tits to stop staring at my eyes!" ;)

Incidentally, there was a recent discussion about e-cigarettes. FYI, I came across this PSA:

"Are you a smoker who has tried to quit by switching to e-cigarettes? A non-smoker who will allow yourself a few puffs because, come on, it’s only vapor? They must be so much safer than tobacco cigarettes, right? Wrong!

Electronic cigarettes have been causing explosions. Resulting in death. Not a long, drawn-out-60-years-with-emphysema-then-lung-cancer kind of death. An immediate poof-you’re-dead death."
http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/the...ode/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Last edited:
Lordy. Don't go read it but now Warmington has Ford "on record" saying the goose thing never happened - just like the Newtonbrook incident that never happened. That he's allowed to make that secondary assertion (which was never disproven; which never lead to a threatened libel suit) is just amazingly irresponsible on the Sun's part.

On Twitter Warmington is reduced to the same "maybe it happened but I won't believe it without proof" crap that he stuck to on the crack video (which, presumably, he believes now even though he never saw it). Nevermind that it's in official documents that Rob Ford had an official opportunity to refute and it never happened.

[Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he made them roll on the grass and wasn't aware of the goose droppings, but that doesn't mean they weren't there or that other people didn't see the kids rolling in them. he could have acknowledged that possibility but saying it just never happened is pathetic, even if it's in keeping with his "best mayor ever," "no one's done more for X than Rob Ford," "come to Jesus moment," childish absolutism.]

And, of course, having established the goosecrap thing never happened, Warmington than, ever the JOURNALIST, goes on about all the other things that are just going so much better for Rob now that he's clean and sober. Family, the campaign, everything but the unicorn that flies him to work every morning, though if he'd said that, Warmington would have run that too.

I can't put into words what a terrible person I think Warmington is for pretending that what he does is anything resembling journalism, even opinion journalism. Printing "both sides" of a story isn't required to present a "fair" story when one side is an overt lie. And printing only one side (which he routinely does) can't be played off under the guise of "I'm a columnist so I can have an opinion!"
Columnists rarely interview people and if you are interviewing the mayor, a let's-say controversial political figure, and presenting what he says uncontested (ESPECIALLY when he isn't talking to someone else), you are working for him and not for the newspaper or your readers.
(And, not that he'd care, but someone should explain to Rob that his willingness to speak to no one but the most unquestioning, sycophantic journalist in the city makes him look utterly weak and spineless.)

When you're in a park repeatedly and geese are there, you know very soon that there is goose poop. No way he didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back