News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we may have something to look forward to soon.

https://twitter.com/_kevindonovan/status/514588903442239488

Doug left without scrumming and CP24's "Experts" are playing it as a triumphant moment.

While John Tory looked harried, surrounded by cameras and lights, Doug took confident strides, smiling and left; a victory for Doug, looking confident, calm and collected. Pathetic shills, all of them. At least the anchor was good enough to point out that, yeah, he left in in his ESCALADE.

Doug LITERALLY said "Folks," in every one of his answers, as far as I could tell.
And Olivia, in the scrums is STILL going on about how Tory didn't tell her how many houses his transit line will destroy. "I asked him a specific question," she says, for the EIGHTH time, missing the point that:
a) It's too specific a question for a mayor to know, as if he knows the result of an EA
b) It's so specific it only affects about 20 people

I want to like Olivia but every time she goes back to this well, or rants about the children, I want to punch a wall. Tory is the least-horrible, IMHO, but it's not much to be proud of.

This is my image for Doug, and really, the whole damned evening:

bd8b40f6104828a3ba1c55f49560df16a95f365802f0b53be374065c860141c2.jpg

Attachments

• bd8b40f6104828a3ba1c55f49560df16a95f365802f0b53be374065c860141c2.jpg
    bd8b40f6104828a3ba1c55f49560df16a95f365802f0b53be374065c860141c2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 691
She wrote the one from today? How do we know that?

Wong-Tam just posted it a few hours ago.

That woman really has a screw loose. My god. Ford Nation at its best.

Watch Doug support her...

I'm beyond disgusted, but do they know who sent that poison pen letter?

Sorry to be pedantic, TJ. But, I believe Doug drives a Lincoln. Randy and Rob drive Cadillacs.

It is the same writing at the last letter, which was confirmed to be sent by Fortino.

I thought Tory looked good. He kept his cool, he got his points in, he landed a few good ones. He looked amused by Ford, not afraid of him. He has grown into the task and is taking the fight to Ford.

Don't be too scared by what happened tonight--or at least, don't be scared by the ballot-box-strength potential, as opposed to the potential for violence.

I take your point. It may not indicate anything about voters in general that there were a bunch of goons in the crowd, Doug fed off of said goons, said goons fed off of said Doug, and Chow and Tory were often ineffective in countering.

Nevertheless the whole scene was depressing, no? You would hope that even the crappiest Toronto mayoral campaign would never descend to that level.

I'm beyond disgusted, but do they know who sent that poison pen letter?

Sorry to be pedantic, TJ. But, I believe Doug drives a Lincoln. Randy and Rob drive Cadillacs.

Fair enough - I gather it's a Navigator. But Stephanie Smyth did say "silver platter Escalade."
On a metaphorical level, it's the same anyway :)
I'm kind of disappointed none of the brothers drives a Suburban.

christie blatchford
@blatchkiki
The man who said the awful thing about Olivia Chow is Earl Cowan, a proud Ford Nation supporter.

Even she isn't defending the guy!

Seems the closer we get to election day, the more hysterical the reaction from FN. They do realize their team is losing, right?

I would like to know how many cops are required at debates the Fords attend compared to the ones they do not.

In a Ford Nation loaded room. It will be different. What the hell is David Price doing there? Is he really there? And Randy the heroin addict kidnapper. What have we done to deserve this?
We wanted lower taxes, even at the expense of a working city.

In the post you, quoted, I meant to say Doug has won tonight.

Is there a copy of Iola's letter from a couple months ago on the Internet somewhere? I think the writing needs to be compared to this one. Who even hand-writes letters anymore, especially that kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back