News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casita - could you take a look at the on-line newspaper archives to see if you can find a wedding announcement for Doug & Karla?

(I live in Ward 27, but to my shame my library card is for Niagara and I have been too lazy to walk over to the Toronto Reference Library.)

OK Pud, good idea. Will do.

I tried to find a birth notice in the Star for Mikey a while back, but was not successful.

Maybe it was in the Sun? :D

Why is no one digging deeper into this story? Did the po-po bury this so deep?

These gumba's know the end is near and are running amok/ trampling our democracy!

HOOOORAHHH for the Jude M's, shirtless jogger and Danforth Station dude!

First off, I only know of Jewish traditions, culture and religion from what there is floating around in the mainstreammedia and such,so if I stumble into some kind of offensive remark it is inadvertant.

If Karla's mother is Jewish, and therefore she would be considered Jewish, even if unobservant, according to culture/tradition/religion, it follows that her and Doug's girls are Jewish as well, no? So he not only could have said his wife is Jewish, so are his kids, if that's the case. But he calls upon the old 'some of my best friends...' line in the debate. Unbelievable. Unbelievably stupid or unbelievable b.s.

Thats because WE attacked Kuwait ;)

So, like, what a total f###ing nightmare this has become. Racism. Sexism. Misogyny. Hate. Foul language. Blatant lies. Behaviour unbecoming of elected officials. COI issues. Lack of any sort of leadership at all. Us suburbanites vs. them damned over-achieving downtowners … what a stupid mayoralty and what a stupid mayoral candidate.

How the hell did we end up in this f###ing mess? Someone please remind me … oh, yes, I recall now. So, three weeks to go, Toronto .. come late October 27th we will hear a big flushing sound as we chase at least one of the Fords from City Hall. Alas, another Ford may pollute the offices and hallways of city hall for a time to come.

I tried to find a birth notice in the Star for Mikey a while back, but was not successful.

Found a birth notice for Kara in The Star, March 5 1994, page B8. Nothing in their marriage, at least not from TPL's TorStar digital archives.

Last edited:

Given the kind of 'lifestyle' that his mother and father probably were living at the time Mikey was born, I am not surprised. But Doug was the 'golden boy' of a rich father. If anything, I would expect to learn that his wedding was even more lavish than Rob's (at the none-too-shabby St. Georges Golf and Country Club*) and a newspaper announcement or two would be expected.

*Wedding packages brochure: http://www.stgeorges.org/index.cfm?ID=3190

Did anyone else catch Doug's passer this a.m? Just an amazing debacle. He was trying to make a point about smart track by walking the press from one location to another to demonstrate the distance people would have to travel in the winter. The press dutifully followed him. Cynthia Mulligan challenged him on his claims regarding Tory's funding and contributions from other levels of government and Doug just stammered "it's simple...do the math...is simple. You can't have 8 billion, or I'm dealing with averages. Do the math." It was hilarious. He's such an asshole.

First off, I only know of Jewish traditions, culture and religion from what there is floating around in the mainstreammedia and such,so if I stumble into some kind of offensive remark it is inadvertant.

If Karla's mother is Jewish, and therefore she would be considered Jewish, even if unobservant, according to culture/tradition/religion, it follows that her and Doug's girls are Jewish as well, no? So he not only could have said his wife is Jewish, so are his kids, if that's the case. But he calls upon the old 'some of my best friends...' line in the debate. Unbelievable. Unbelievably stupid or unbelievable b.s.
He's stupid.

I can't wrap my brain around the fact that Chow is below Ford. I know that Ford is popular - there's a ton of FORD FOR MAYOR signs in my ward. I just struggle to accept that the well has been poisoned so badly that she is polling so low.

This. Me too. I just can't figure it. Dung Ford is garbage. Chow is a decent human being (albeit she has disappointed me). Nope, I don't get it.

Did anyone else catch Doug's passer this a.m? Just an amazing debacle. He was trying to make a point about smart track by walking the press from one location to another to demonstrate the distance people would have to travel in the winter. The press dutifully followed him. Cynthia Mulligan challenged him on his claims regarding Tory's funding and contributions from other levels of government and Doug just stammered "it's simple...do the math...is simple. You can't have 8 billion, or I'm dealing with averages. Do the math." It was hilarious. He's such an asshole.

Here's a link:

http://www.cp24.com/

The problem is, the reporters voices are so faint compared to Doug ( who is sounding a bit hoarse ). Then they let him ramble on and on about rubbish, too polite to interrupt him. He's insufferably rude.

Only way to ever get a straight answer is to let Ari interview him. No FN howler monkeys allowed. No coach to hold your hand. You can't run away.

I'm remembering that of that interview panel to get a job. What an interrogation that was. They stopped doing it years ago.

They could skip all the town halls. Skip the debates. No moderator. One old-fashioned interview on CCTV could do the trick. Just sit and answer the questions. We'll say when it's over.

View attachment 35104

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back