News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have another question — far less fussy — if you have moment. Rob has an abdominal primary tumor. Does that mean his prognosis is worse than if the tumor was in one of his limbs? I ask because because the 50% five-year survival number gets tossed around from time to time. But that's an average. It seems to me that a patient with a pleomorphic liposarcoma in a limb has a better chance because the doctors can take out more surrounding tissue (i.e. not damage major organs). There's less room to manouvre in the abdomen. In general terms, does that mean there's a greater chance that surgery won't remove all the cancer cells?

The only way to beat Stage IV cancer is to die of something else before it gets you.

A member of the Rosedale CC? What a crime against humanity! We can't have that in a mayor.

Doug is right that they used to have that policy but, as with the Charter story, the Q is what was Tory's role. If he was active in keeping Jews out, that's one thing. But if he was active in removing the ban, that's rather more important (as is the dif between running Charter into the ground and helping it get out of bankruptcy protection).

Obviously Doug is not one for the fine points.

It's fair game to go at Tory's past but he keeps bringing up ancient things like the negative billing and the Chretien ad and he's really got so few talking points, it's kind of sad. You can really imagine the childish glee he must have had when Silverstein or some paid hack came up with, "What's the Story, Mr. Tory?" as a slogan. BRILLIANT!

(And if Doug is going to keep going on about his wife, it's fair game for Tory to ask when was the last time she was in synagogue; do they celebrate any Jewish holidays in any way at all in their home? etc.)

Really, if Doug is going to bring up ancient history, I think it's fair game to bring up the Globe drug dealing story. I can understand something of a high-road approach but Doug is being so scattershot I really want Tory to say, "If we're talking about resumes, Doug, what about this massive article in Canada's national newspaper that says missing from your resume is several years as a dealer of hashish? If it's not true ,why didn't you sue the Globe? Can't you admit that, yes, many years ago you made some mistakes and did some bad things? And while we're at it, can you explain, beyond being loyal, what David Price's job was and how you square his salary with respect for the taxpayers?"

They're aggressive questions, no doubt, but totally legit from where I sit.

And if Doug is going to keep going on about his wife, it's fair game for Tory to ask when was the last time she was in synagogue; do they celebrate any Jewish holidays in any way at all in their home? etc.

And perhaps, has she or any member of her family experienced discrimination as a result of her [alleged] Jewish identity? Did she object to Rob's slurs? Has Doug ever objected to Rob's slurs as offensive to his wife?

Last edited:
Doug is right that they used to have that policy but, as with the Charter story, the Q is what was Tory's role. If he was active in keeping Jews out, that's one thing. But if he was active in removing the ban, that's rather more important (as is the dif between running Charter into the ground and helping it get out of bankruptcy protection).

It's fair game to go at Tory's past but he keeps bringing up ancient things like the negative billing and the Chretien ad and he's really got so few talking points, it's kind of sad. You can really imagine the childish glee he must have had when Silverstein or some paid hack came up with, "What's the Story, Mr. Tory?" as a slogan. BRILLIANT!

(And if Doug is going to keep going on about his wife, it's fair game for Tory to ask when was the last time she was in synagogue; do they celebrate any Jewish holidays in any way at all in their home? etc.)

Really, if Doug is going to bring up ancient history, I think it's fair game to bring up the Globe drug dealing story. I can understand something of a high-road approach but Doug is being so scattershot I really want Tory to say, "If we're talking about resumes, Doug, what about this massive article in Canada's national newspaper that says missing from your resume is several years as a dealer of hashish? If it's not true ,why didn't you sue the Globe? Can't you admit that, yes, many years ago you made some mistakes and did some bad things? And while we're at it, can you explain, beyond being loyal, what David Price's job was and how you square his salary with respect for the taxpayers?"

They're aggressive questions, no doubt, but totally legit from where I sit.

Maybe Tory is keeping this for the next two weeks.
If Doug sneaks in I will blame Olivia Chow for giving Doug a free ride and Tory for being a pussy.

Pedro Marques @MetroManTO
Because non-traditional voters are being driven to polls, Doug's 30% will end up equivalent to 20% due to high anti-Ford voter turnout.

Will we get MetroManned?

Tory said in an interview right after the debate tonight that he and his father were some of those that wanted the ban lifted. (And I can't seem to find it online either...can find Chow's and Doug's words though...Edit: Cp24 has the video now http://www.cp24.com/news/2014-municipal-elections at 1:28 in)

Obviously Doug Ford not doing his homework anymore.

Last edited:
Will we get MetroManned?

I can't believe 30% of voters would pick Doug on Oct 27th.

2010 was an anomaly giving Rob the win. Chow and Tory for all their respective flaws are vastly superior opponents than Smitherman.

I would tend to agree. Doug gets 25-27. The vast majority from Ford Nation minions.

If Doug sneaks in I will blame Olivia Chow for giving Doug a free ride and Tory for being a pussy.

The last thing Doug would ever want is for Ms Chow to drop out.

And perhaps, has she or any member of her family experienced discrimination as a result of her Jewish identity?

Problem is, we have no evidence of her or any member of her family identifying as Jewish in Canada or Europe. Doug has produced no evidence to back up his claim. His wife has not commented on the subject.

"Here is apparently Karla's maternal grandmother's entrance record (Halifax, 1913). Eleonora Marco #5343. Religion: Catholic."

"And for good measure, here is the wedding register for her Greek Orthodox Catholic maternal grandparents"

"Meanwhile, the Fords are a well-known family of evangelical Christians. Karla, Ford's wife, is herself an evangelical Christian. As was her father, who was "known for his devotion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/10/fact-doug-ford-claims-that-his.html

Last edited:
Iola was at the debate tonight according to people who were there, but Ford Nation behaved for some reason. I only saw part of the debate and the hecklers against Ford were louder than anything.

I urge you. respectfully, to reconsider....if your person doesn't win, at least the winner (and in this case, councillors) will know that a constituency voted a certain way....if you give your vote to Tory, he nor anyone else know that a lot of us, wait for it, see taxes as another mortgage/rent payment - what kind of house do we want? If you strategic vote, your vote, effectively, does not count. My vote is my say in the matter - uh, I decided yesterday to vote for Ari Goldkind - if he doesn't win, maybe he will run again in four years, and whoever does win, knows....that one resident anyway, wants to see fair taxes as a means to a fabulous City for everyone....imagine.

Council will temper the agenda of Tory in the same way it did with Ford. The risk in voting non strategically this year is allowing the Fords to remain in power. They would choose a new Police Chief! This alone should scare the hell out of anyone who would risk a Doug Ford vote split victory in order to vote for the long shot candidate, or the candidate who is mirred in a weak 3rd place.

Was just looking at twitter and Rosedale had to make some agreement with a manager who came up against the "no Jews" policy in 1997. Now, of course, the head of McDonalds Canada is welcome (Cohon). Then again, didn't RoFo have his wedding reception at St. George's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back