News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to beat Stage IV cancer is to die of something else before it gets you.

No, that it isn't true. People survive stage 4 cancer all the time - it's just a significantly smaller percentage, and it also depends on the type of cancer. If it's stage 4 lung or colon or esophageal etc, then the chances are super slim, but that isn't necessarily the case for other types.

Was just looking at twitter and Rosedale had to make some agreement with a manager who came up against the "no Jews" policy in 1997. Now, of course, the head of McDonalds Canada is welcome (Cohon). Then again, didn't RoFo have his wedding reception at St. George's?

Tried to look into the history of St. George's, but apart from learning that it was originally owned by the Royal York there wasn't much on the net (this is the 21st Century - if you can't find what you are looking for after five minutes of Googling, the information doesn't exist...)

Remember this?

"Mr. Rudner, who is Jewish, said he was particularly upset with Councillor Ford, his former employer at Deco, and his unwillingness to disavow that remark publicly, or any of the other slurs the mayor is alleged to have used to describe black people, Italians, gays and Pakistanis.

“He’s defending his brother, irrespective of what he does,” Mr. Rudner said. “Doug is the biggest disappointment to me.”
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...amily-firm-dealings/article18981567/?page=all

I have been wondering something. Does Rob showing up to vote looking and sounding this awful at all impact Ward 2 voters to possibly change their mind? How many of them would watch TV and think that he couldn't represent them well enough?

Tried to look into the history of St. George's, but apart from learning that it was originally owned by the Royal York there wasn't much on the net (this is the 21st Century - if you can't find what you are looking for after five minutes of Googling, the information doesn't exist...)

Fun fact: My mom was president of St George's. Doug Holydays a member too. He's surprisingly friendly. I don't recall ever seeing a minority there aside from an Indian guy who was a big wig at one of the big banks. Oh and a bartender is black.

I have been wondering something. Does Rob showing up to vote looking and sounding this awful at all impact Ward 2 voters to possibly change their mind? How many of them would watch TV and think that he couldn't represent them well enough?
More likely they will feel sorry for him and want to support him

Just watched the video of him going to vote and couldn't decide how much of it was legit and how much faked. The reporter didn't help with her sad, hushed tones.

Was in the high park area today and drove up S. Kingsway area.

Guess what...........i saw more Chow signs than Tory. Not one Ford Nation!

And this was the high fallutin, latte sippers neighbourhood ;)

Maybe the strong Tory polls are bs......remember Hudat's high polling!!

Thank you. I have another question — far less fussy — if you have moment. Rob has an abdominal primary tumor. Does that mean his prognosis is worse than if the tumor was in one of his limbs? I ask because because the 50% five-year survival number gets tossed around from time to time. But that's an average. It seems to me that a patient with a pleomorphic liposarcoma in a limb has a better chance because the doctors can take out more surrounding tissue (i.e. not damage major organs). There's less room to manouvre in the abdomen. In general terms, does that mean there's a greater chance that surgery won't remove all the cancer cells?

Prognosis is largely determined by the tumour staging at diagnosis. So in that sense a Stage IV malignancy is almost always going to have lower chances of survival (or disease-free survival) than the same malignancy presenting at an earlier stage. However, we're increasingly able to improve survival and at least halt or even reverse disease progression in a lot of Stage IV cancers, even if there is no actual prospect of cure (e.g. receptor-positive breast cancer).

Sarcomas of any type tend to be harder to treat, but certainly one arising from, say, a tibia is going to be more amenable to cure if it hasn't metastasized. But the trade-off may be aggressive surgery (up to amputation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back