8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arlene Bishop ‏@arlenebishop 8m8 minutes ago
Rob "I just gotta take care of my health" Ford just spent the last 4 hours in his office at CH - more time than his old workdays. #TOpoli

so can't be feeling too bad...or maybe his office is quieter than at home

Doug attended Carlton University and Humber College before joining the family business where he built their Chicago office into a vibrant and thriving enterprise.
http://www.buildtoronto.ca/node/142

Again with attended. Based on the degree to which Rob "attended" Carleton (and let's be clear, Doug AND Build TO webmaster, Carleton has an E in !), I'm guessing he has neither a diploma nor a degree, though I'm happy to stand to be corrected. If he's a "self-made man," that's all fine and good, but it's rather shifty to say you "attended" some school if you didn't graduate.

Drives me crazy.
SmartTrack is half-assed in several respects - the financing, particularly, though the core idea of using existing GO is a smart one (and one the province is already working on).

But it's absurd to ask a mayoral candidate the sort of details that wouldn't be determined until an EA process.
Arguably, the whole problem is mayoral candidates thinking its their job to design transit plans (I don't think it is - that's what Metrolinx is for) but if they are, seems really lame to keep pounding the guy on one intersection. Is he expected to produce station designs too, so she can hammer him about his choice of tile?

There are so many problems with the smart track, but somehow Olivia finds the most trivial issues to pick on. It would be fair game to criticize Tory's judgement for assuming that the Richview lands were readily available, but she shouldn't be asking for the exact length of the tunnel, how much it will cost, or how he plans to build it.

I am obviously very strongly in the Anyone-But-Ford camp. I started off in January strongly in the Chow camp.

As time wore on and it became obvious that, miraculously, somehow, Saint Robbicus was in the race, I felt that I needed to vote strategically. Chow was stumbling, and I was afraid that a vote for her might allow Rob to squeak in. It all changed for me after the switcheroo. I believe that I can vote for Chow , secure in the knowledge that if she doesn't win, Tory will.

I believe that there are a fair number of people who prefer Chow but are voting Tory to keep Ford out. I think if those of us in the ABF camp, who prefer Chow to Tory, should vote for Chow. I have heard the scare mongering logic that a vote for Chow over Tory splits the vote, allowing Ford to come up the middle. The problem with that logic is that Chow is not far enough behind, and Ford not close enough to Tory, to lead to that scenario. If Tory loses enough votes to Chow to drop behind Ford, Chow will have gained enough to win over both.

I don't imagine Doug will get past 27% maximum, and likely will score even lower. I think many of us have long felt that the voter turnout for this election will be much higher than usual. This hunch is already coming to fruition through the advanced voting numbers. I don't believe polls have taken into account what should be a record voter turnout, likely due to the ABF camp. I do believe that polls will be seen to be way off on October 28th, with Chow and Tory closer to each other than expected, and Ford with a poor overall % in relation to Tory/Chow.

I am obviously very strongly in the Anyone-But-Ford camp. I started off in January strongly in the Chow camp.

As time wore on and it became obvious that, miraculously, somehow, Saint Robbicus was in the race, I felt that I needed to vote strategically. Chow was stumbling, and I was afraid that a vote for her might allow Rob to squeak in. It all changed for me after the switcheroo. I believe that I can vote for Chow , secure in the knowledge that if she doesn't win, Tory will.

I believe that there are a fair number of people who prefer Chow but are voting Tory to keep Ford out. I think if those of us in the ABF camp, who prefer Chow to Tory, should vote for Chow. I have heard the scare mongering logic that a vote for Chow over Tory splits the vote, allowing Ford to come up the middle. The problem with that logic is that Chow is not far enough behind, and Ford not close enough to Tory, to lead to that scenario. If Tory loses enough votes to Chow to drop behind Ford, Chow will have gained enough to win over both.

I don't imagine Doug will get past 27% maximum, and likely will score even lower. I think many of us have long felt that the voter turnout for this election will be much higher than usual. This hunch is already coming to fruition through the advanced voting numbers. I don't believe polls have taken into account what should be a record voter turnout, likely due to the ABF camp. I do believe that polls will be seen to be way off on October 28th, with Chow and Tory closer to each other than expected, and Ford with a poor overall % in relation to Tory/Chow.

I was with a bunch of friends in Wards 35 and 36 this week and they're all voting Tory if he's still ahead in the polls. Kind of interesting because at least in my circle of twitter friends, we're mostly in the Olivia/Ari boat.

High advanced voter turn out!

Someone earlier in the thread made an excellent point that if the majority of the advance voters are pro Ford, we'd see the Ford Nation circus while they attended! Their behaviour would surely give away their support. Anyone here see the advance voters conduct?

Is Tory 'Campaigning Right' but prepared to govern on his Civic Action bona fides? It's late stage in the grueling mess of this election cycle. If this Globe Article is any indication, he's still in 'I'm the sensible Right-Wing candidate promising impossibility' mode. Disheartening to this ABF voter. You'd kind of expect him to swerve to the centre by now, but not so much, eh?

Love the idea of advance polls, but can't do it yet. This may come down to the wire.

I believe that there are a fair number of people who prefer Chow but are voting Tory to keep Ford out...

Nice to see somebody post what I'm thinking, although it happens a lot here. I agree 98% (the split still makes me a bit nervous). I also think people (and especially "pollsters") grossly underestimate the mass of the silent majority. We see Neil Flagg & Iola Fortino, shirtless joggers & pissed off lawyers. The others, who I like to think are reasonably reasonable people, don't show up at DFMG or debates and there are millions of them. At Ford Fiesta, you'll see hundreds, perhaps a couple thousand people. That's not enough. It's going to be the millions of people who are between 'somewhat' and 'quite' pissed off, who are determined enough to put an end to this nonsense that they make God-damned sure to get out and vote - these masses will decide.

I believe Ford Nation is extremely outnumbered here and it won't surprise me if these polls are way, way off.

Nice to see somebody post what I'm thinking, although it happens a lot here. I agree 98% (the split still makes me a bit nervous). I also think people (and especially "pollsters") grossly underestimate the mass of the silent majority. We see Neil Flagg & Iola Fortino, shirtless joggers & pissed off lawyers. The others, who I like to think are reasonably reasonable people, don't show up at DFMG or debates and there are millions of them. At Ford Fiesta, you'll see hundreds, perhaps a couple thousand people. That's not enough. It's going to be the millions of people who are between 'somewhat' and 'quite' pissed off, who are determined enough to put an end to this nonsense that they make God-damned sure to get out and vote - these masses will decide.

I believe Ford Nation is extremely outnumbered here and it won't surprise me if these polls are way, way off.
I'm with you. Doug will not get above 20%. Damn the crazification factor.

Could this be Doug Ford's aim? Or does he lie just from habit?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 7m7 minutes ago
Doug Ford lies coming faster than I can type them out on my phone right now.

And that's how he rolls. By the time you call him on his lie, he's rattled off a dozen bigger lies. One simply cannot keep up.

In the words of Joseph Goebbels:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back