News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I not surprised that this inside comment barely received a shrug in this thread? Is it FoFam fatigue? Is it just the most obvious? I wonder if TO Media laid off the angle, fearful of a who's who of TO famous folks? Maybe RoFo financed and advertised the product, while having his fucking minorities do the dirty work? It makes tonnes of sense RoFo blowing through money, and even more that DECO could be in trouble with FoBros running it.

Referring to the possibility that Ford was in business with Lisi and not just a run of the mill user, if it received a bit of shrug in the thread this time, it's perhaps because that ground has been covered quite a few times here since the first ITO was released. For the keeners of UT, many of whom read the ITO releases cover to cover, it was hard not to conclude that they were doing more than just getting together to drink vodka and piss in parks.

My assumption remains that Ford was bankrolling Lisi. Lisi is clearly a guy who likes to get people to pay for things for him (e.g., Range Rover in someone else's name) and Ford is desperate for some cool factor (e.g. he was excluded from his brothers' hash dealing empires back in high school). I would even venture that this aspiration to some kind of messed up street cred has been more important to Ford than any extra money it brings in. Ford and Renata don't lead an extravagant lifestyle - they're addicts who need money for their addictions, their fast food diets, and decent clothing to put some polish on it all. I think it's more about feeling important and independent and to show his brothers he's just as capable as they are ("See Doug? I can sling dope too!")

Real problems like his weight, as his mama claimed on a recorded TV interview? Or was it that other disease that he took what, a full year, two videos and countless dodged reporters for him to admit to? No smokescreen indeed.

Sorry, crack smoking and offering your wife up isn't a requisite for "realness". In fact, a mayor with such traits belong to the realm of the unreal.

AoD

If it was good enough for Caligula, it good enough for...

Referring to the possibility that Ford was in business with Lisi and not just a run of the mill user, if it received a bit of shrug in the thread this time, it's perhaps because that ground has been covered quite a few times here since the first ITO was released. For the keeners of UT, many of whom read the ITO releases cover to cover, it was hard not to conclude that they were doing more than just getting together to drink vodka and piss in parks.

My assumption remains that Ford was bankrolling Lisi. Lisi is clearly a guy who likes to get people to pay for things for him (e.g., Range Rover in someone else's name) and Ford is desperate for some cool factor (e.g. he was excluded from his brothers' hash dealing empires back in high school). I would even venture that this aspiration to some kind of messed up street cred has been more important to Ford than any extra money it brings in. Ford and Renata don't lead an extravagant lifestyle - they're addicts who need money for their addictions, their fast food diets, and decent clothing to put some polish on it all. I think it's more about feeling important and independent and to show his brothers he's just as capable as they are ("See Doug? I can sling dope too!")

Ya, it could largely be that he's in it for the thrill. FYI when he first became mayor, before I'd heard anything about his using, someone told me that he was involved in trafficking while on council. Maybe he just never gave that up.

I am curious about people unsure if the shootings today are terrorism. Shooting in a public place, killing a soldier and attempting to fire on government is terrorism. 3 people are wounded in hospital and they think one or two people are still at large. The downtown is locked down. Yes, this is terrorism, we just don't know the motivation.

Yeah, they shot a soldier at a war memorial and went into the main government building, which they parked outside of. I don't think it's a stretch to attach political motives to it. Could turn out to be random but on balance of probabilities, I think "terrorism" is a safe bet. The way the guy got into Centre Block suggests there was some research involved; he knew where he was going.

I also doubt it has anything to do with Mallala. Why would they hit Ottawa when the PM is going to be here, in Toronto, with her later today? (Or was - he just cancelled.)

One visit to the Hill as a tourist and a review of Google Builing View would be more than enough to know that you can walk right in the front door. There's no physical security - just armed guards, who could probably be taken by surprise. The fact he only got about 50' into the building shows the security worked, if not perfectly.

One assumes the new visitors entrance will help, esp with security no longer in the basement of centre block. However, let's hope a one-off nut job doesn't turn the Hill into a closed fortress.

https://twitter.com/acoyne/status/524956349378330624
https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/status/524966392702189569

2 tweets that contradict NORAD hasn't been engaged. In reality who knows. Lots of misinformation is bound to happen as things evolve.

But if you think it may not be terrorism then why is DM Kelly asking for suspicious activity to be reported and the TTC is on heightened alert.

Also threat level was quietly raised to medium by CSIS

https://twitter.com/benspurr/status/524969770383183872

https://twitter.com/citynews/status/524956395641536512

Last edited:
OT but VERY SERIOUSLY shooting situation ongoing at Parliament Hill after shooting of soldier at the memorial. Terrorism seems to have well and truly arrived in Canada

Was just reading about it :\ Follows on shooting of a soldier in Montreal just a few days ago also... Not liking the thought one bit but fear you are right.

This type of "terrorism" maybe; it's saddening none the less. It was just broke that the soldier is dead.

I am curious about people unsure if the shootings today are terrorism. Shooting in a public place, killing a soldier and attempting to fire on government is terrorism. 3 people are wounded in hospital and they think one or two people are still at large. The downtown is locked down. Yes, this is terrorism, we just don't know the motivation.

Nope. Shooting at civilians is terrorism, not soldiers. If there is no political motivation, it's not terrorism. This could just be a public shooting spree, which is still very bad, but not the same thing as terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back