News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How do we fight terrorism?"
"Subways! The LRT makes people commit terrorist acts!"

So, reports are that this psycho has a criminal record (in B.C.), narcotics etc.. He's 32 years old. He committed an heinous act on a basically unarmed young man. He was shot in his ridiculous assault on The Hill. He died.

Listening to the breathless (maybe perceptions would differ if watching) reporting you'd think the goddamn nation was under siege. 10/22! It shall live in infamy! At the current juncture, this is all kinds of ridiculous. The press ought to be more measured, critical and overall evaluative. The CBC has been On It! all day. Even after CTV reported the current facts.

Which brings us to the debate tonight. It's okay if they throw in a question or two about 'The 3 a.m. phone call' or 'How would you rally a shattered nation?' and whatnot. But to shift the whole debate because of, frankly, ill-reported and somewhat hysterical reporting is not what any of us - the press, the citizenry/taxpayers (your choice), and the candidates should be talking about. Just get on with debating things other than the random acts of a 32-Year Old Criminal Psycho, as dire as they are. Perspective fergawdsakes. This is Toronto. Our mayor's on crack. His other brother mayor is a fabulist running on the promise of unicorn farts. Our police service is ineffective in dealing with the former and turned a blind eye to the latter in his Plaza Heydays.

At times the society we're becoming is unfathomable.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
The debate has now ended abruptly to go live to Harper. But...CTV on to...regular programming? Anyways. It's over.

So, reports are that this psycho has a criminal record (in B.C.), narcotics etc.. He's 32 years old. He committed an heinous act on a basically unarmed young man. He was shot in his ridiculous assault on The Hill. He died.

Listening to the breathless (maybe perceptions would differ if watching) reporting you'd think the goddamn nation was under siege. 10/22! It shall live in infamy! At the current juncture, this is all kinds of ridiculous. The press ought to be more measured, critical and overall evaluative. The CBC has been On It! all day. Even after CTV reported the current facts.

Which brings us to the debate tonight. It's okay if they throw in a question or two about 'The 3 a.m. phone call' or 'How would you rally a shattered nation?' and whatnot. But to shift the whole debate because of, frankly, ill-reported and somewhat hysterical reporting is not what any of us - the press, the citizenry/taxpayers (your choice), and the candidates should be talking about. Just get on with debating things other than the random acts of a 32-Year Old Criminal Psycho, as dire as they are. Perspective fergawdsakes. This is Toronto. Our mayor's on crack. His other brother mayor is a fabulist running on the promise of unicorn farts. Our police service is ineffective in dealing with the former and turned a blind eye to the latter in his Plaza Heydays.

At times the society we're becoming is unfathomable.

fab

Ford's records accessed at second hospital (by Don Peat)
Mayor Rob Ford says his medical records were accessed inappropriately at Humber River Hospital.

A fuming Ford — who is battling cancer while running for council in Etobicoke North (Ward 2) — told the Toronto Sun about the breach after he was notified on Wednesday.

The hospital later confirmed the incident.

News of this latest medical records breach comes less than a week after Mount Sinai hospital revealed Ford’s records were “inappropriately accessed†by two of its employees.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/22/fords-hospital-records-inappropriately-accessed

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
"I can't stand that little bitch," Doug Ford said about me as he left CTV studios. I did not hear it. Multiple photographers heard it.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
I asked Ford about releasing his donor list. About his fundraising efforts. About security protocols at city hall.

Staying classy as usual!

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
I followed Ford into the hallway to ask him why he said that. He did not answer.

Last edited:
^^ as we thought would eventually happen, Thug cracks and loses his composure. I hope there's a video.

Jpags has been great.

>Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
>Ford initially answered Pride question by saying would be mayor of "all the people." Shaw asks what that means and Ford said he would march.

Iola just freaked out.

Link?

Or, in the absence of a link, a detailed description? :)

Link?

Or, in the absence of a link, a detailed description? :)

I was just following on Twitter, but Ken Shaw asked if the candidates would march in the Pride parade. Chow obviously said yes and Tory said he would even if he wasn't the mayor. Doug evaded the question until Shaw pushed him and he finally said yes.

@oliviachow 4 minutes ago
@DougFord2014 should immediately apologize to @jpags for his repugnant comment. It is offensive to her, to women, and to this city.

Olivia Chow @oliviachow
@DougFord2014 should immediately apologize to @jpags for his repugnant comment. It is offensive to her, to women, and to this city.

I was hoping that someone would make this public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back