News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he even show up to council though?

I'd wager that at this moment Rob doesn't know, nor do the oncologists.

If Rob wins, it's shitty for many reasons, not least of which are the insult to Andray Domise and his supporters, and the postponement of the day when Domise becomes an effective elected official.

If Rob wins, it's shitty for many reasons, not least of which are the insult to Andray Domise and his supporters, and the postponement of the day when Domise becomes an effective elected official.

Don't forget, Mikey is Rob's co-pilot. He was a candidate for Ward 2 Councillor before the switcheroo:
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/10/ford-leads-race-in-etobicoke-ward-2--mike-ford-that-is

If Mikey is busy being a trustee and can't run, there's lots of other FoFam.

View attachment 36234

Last edited:
I saw a reporter ask a couple of ladies on the street who they would vote for. One said Ms. Chow, and the other said Ari.

He then asked if they would consider voting "strategically" so Doug wouldn't get back in. When he said the word, "strategic" judging from the look on their faces - somewhere between disgust and horror - it was if he had suggested strategic bombing.

I figure the Fords have a good chance of getting back in.

Though at this point, Chow + Tory's relative positions probably roughly echo how they'd do were it a straight, Fordless Chow-vs-Tory race, i.e. not even close. (Sorta like the Winnipeg mayoral race.)

Can you imagine if Doug was refused entry to the U.S. for his past drug dealing? He has admitted to selling joints to his friends. If they wanted to use that against him, in lieu of anything better, they could. As much as I want him to go away and never come back, that would be pretty hilarious.

Though consider one other thing that could hold him back: troubles at Deco that couldn't be addressed were he to hole himself up in Chicago...

Ford possibly Friday or Monday in answer to a question predebate Ford also mentioned he has self financed the campaign to the tune of hundreds of thousands...

"Where is Doug Ford's? And proof he gave salary to charity?"
https://twitter.com/KenWood_TO/status/525266563998695424

"I predict that if Doug doesn't produce donor list before Monday and loses, we won't see it a minute before the 5 months have passed."
https://twitter.com/MrsJazzbo2/status/525295550628122624

Last edited:

To add to your shitty list:

Rob n Doug have usually been a 2-for-1 deal. If things are as bad as reported about Deco Etobicoke, Doug might have to stick around Hogtown like a stuck pig. ( As a father, he might want to guide Krista, who now works in sales (or not).) If he's in town, he'll be camping and communications manager for Rob. Again. Just because Doug said he wants to go back to Chicago doesn't mean he's going to. Doug sez lotsa shit.

Next, the media will continue the CH Ford Circus. Noise will drown out issues again. There goes the oxygen. Reform will seem hopeless.

Oh, but *we'll* still be here. :)

Funny how the endgame comes back to where it all began: who will be Councillor in Ward 2? 3 guys named Ford have lined up for the job in 2014 alone.

Last edited:
I've been part of Andray's door-to-door team. You have to be very careful how you have that conversation. There are some who identify right away with "Rob's my guy" but you have to pretty quickly decide if they are reasonable or if they're coming at you with the kitchen scissors (joke). If they do ID as Ford fans, you can decide to counter with, "Rob's had a tough go of it lately, but do you think he will be well enough to serve as your councillor?" And you may well get the answer "Oh yes, he'll be fine", which is in the realm of make-believe.

I've canvassed so far in pleasant bungalow land, posh towers and basic towers. The people in Ward 2 have been (almost) unfailingly polite and pleasant even if you can see they have kids to put to bed or dinner on the stove. What's very surprising at this late stage is how many tell us they don't yet know who they are voting for as councillor. *Opening to a great conversation.*

This evening we knocked on the door of a man who had a Ford For Mayor sign on his lawn. When this happens, our opening question is, "Have you decided who you'll vote for as councillor?" The answer isn't always "Rob of course." He said he hadn't decided, so we had a nice chat about Andray and he seemed genuinely interested in his platform proposals. Andray said at the start, don't stereotype the people in Ward 2.

Thank you for this post, lou.

Would he even show up to council though?

Why wouldn't he? People recover from surgery. Chemo is not a 24/7/365 program. He'll have bad periods due to treatment and take time off work. He'll also have times when he's feeling better. Whether this last months or years depends on how well the treatment works, which is something no one knows right now.

There actually was a song called "Do The Fuddle Duddle" by a group calling themselves The House of Commons. I had the 7 inch single (GRT Records, IIRC)

"Do The Fuddle Duddle in the House of Commons
Do The Fuddle Duddle on the subway train
Do The Fuddle Duddle with your favourite Tory
Do The Fuddle Duddle to me!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back