News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I was, like, defo, a single-digit age when fuddle-duddle was a news story, and I am sorta old.

So, I'm pleased that youngsters like adma are diligent students of history ... :p

I think you and I are about the same age, Calgarian. I remember a short-lived satirical magazine that came out of that whole episode.

Thanks Greg Banks and casita.
Re my question -Any word on when John Tory and Doug Ford will be releasing their donor list.

Last edited:
I figure the Fords have a good chance of getting back in.
How could Ford possibly get in. He's not got enough support based on the polling. There's no need to vote for someone with similar policies to Ford, just to keep Ford out. If you like Ari, vote for Ari. If you like Chow, vote for Chow.

I think you and I are about the same age, Calgarian.

Yeah, probably! If you have solid memories of the Pearson years, Beatles performing in NY, etc., you may be a little older than me ...

In any case, given your, uh, lengthy experience, have you seen anything happen in your lifetime, in Canada, remotely comparable to Fords Ruling Big Smoke? I haven't, in my lifetime, and I like to think that I have been paying attention most of the time.

I think if Rob loses Ward 2 (I think he will) he will go on the worst drunken/drug stupor/binge and there will be numerous selfies and he will be happy to be "out of it" for a week or more.

I also predict Olivia will win. :p

Last edited:
Yeah, probably! If you have solid memories of the Pearson years, Beatles performing in NY, etc., you may be a little older than me ...

In any case, given your, uh, lengthy experience, have you seen anything happen in your lifetime, in Canada, remotely comparable to Fords Ruling Big Smoke? I haven't, in my lifetime, and I like to think that I have been paying attention most of the time.

Actually, sounds like you have a couple of years on me, but not many. My family moved to Canada when I was six, shortly before the start of Trudeaumania. But we're close enough. Anyway, I've never seen anything quite like the Fords. I've seen stupidity, abusiveness (substance and physical) and dishonesty from politicians in various parts of the country I've lived — but never all three so bizarrely wrapped up in a single package.

I think if Rob loses Ward 2 (I think he will) he will go on worst drunken/drug stupor/binge and there will be numerous selfies and he will be happy to be "out of it" for a week or more.

I also predict Olivia will win. :p

Rob The Fuckin Guy Ford has been seriously "Out Of It" for a decade or more. Somehow, sometime in the soft underbelly of that decade-or-more, he got himself elected mayor of an important city.

If he finds himself out of elected office on Oct 27, I say to him, Have a Fabulous Bender, just enjoy for a little while the tiny step up from how impaired you've been for most of your adult life. But don't drive, or carry weapons, such as guns, or bags of McD's--somebody might get hurt.

Rob The Fuckin Guy Ford has been seriously "Out Of It" for a decade or more. Somehow, sometime in the soft underbelly of that decade-or-more, he got himself elected mayor of an important city.
Oh I should have been clear that I meant Robe will go on the worst drunken binge since chemo.
I allege that Doug also has "something" in his system most of the time too-besides anger that is.:D

To all the contributors on this thread,

Thank you! Thank you for allowing us a glimpse into your very quick minds, your thirst for civic responsibility and accountability. Thank you for allowing those of us merely on the fringe of this nightmare to express our outrage and yet not be judged for not being in the trenches along side you.

You are, to me, very dear friends that, sadly, I will never have the honour of meeting. Nevertheless, I will miss you all. The wit, the wisdom, the sheer volume of information (on a myriad of subjects) has entertained, amused and encouraged us tag-a-longs. Casita, your digital prowess has been inspiring, yet not overshadowed by your sharing of your life experiences. Your love for your wife has exploded through these pages and I, personally, find that oh so sexy. (Down boy :p).

Scarberian and Lamport Davenport, what deliciously impish minds you have. Sweet Lou, you are a champion! Jude McDonald, well is there praise high enough for our very own Don Quixote - someone had to deal with those damned windmills. JimmyT, the very human 'Deep Throat' who has put himself and his young family at risk - is thank you really adequate? And of course, there's MetroMan, our pedestal-bashing mentor who began all this - may he rediscover his source(s) and return triumphant.

My point is, I will miss you all. My life has been forever changed and I do thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your world. Should this thread cease it would be tragic only because we will never likely experience a brotherhood of such like-minded individuals again. I will miss you all.

My biggest regret will be not being able to put faces to the names and so, in honour of disclosure I send you mine:
image.jpg
- my very first selfie!

Monday will be a bittersweet day. Rob Ford has brought us together and Rob Ford has torn us apart, but Toronto will survive the blight that is MINO. I have great faith in the greatest city on this planet.

It's been the best of times; it's been the worst of times. It may be early, but the time is drawing nigh. Allow me to say goodbye my friends. May we all meet again some day.

I'll keep an eye open for the bat signal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
To all the contributors on this thread,

Thank you!

[...]

Wow, that is sweet. Somehow it seems like quite a lot of dust got into my eyes while I was reading that! ;)

Please, though, No-o-o-body else should post that kind of thread-is-over lament until it is confirmed by voters that a large wooden stake has been driven through the heart of Doug Ford's political career. I doubt that I'm the only person around here who is superstitious about that.

My point is, I will miss you all. My life has been forever changed and I do thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your world. Should this thread cease it would be tragic only because we will never likely experience a brotherhood of such like-minded individuals again. I will miss you all.

My biggest regret will be not being able to put faces to the names and so, in honour of disclosure I send you mine:View attachment 36236 - my very first selfie!

Monday will be a bittersweet day. Rob Ford has brought us together and Rob Ford has torn us apart, but Toronto will survive the blight that is MINO. I have great faith in the greatest city on this planet.

It's been the best of times; it's been the worst of times. It may be early, but the time is drawing nigh. Allow me to say goodbye my friends. May we all meet again some day.

Thanks for the great post. I think we should all reveal who we are :). Here's me:

10370368_10152486770004371_4883046735352214116_n.jpg

Btw, salsa is not my real name. Here's the story: One evening after school, I was with a group of guys at their place. At the time I was new to alcohol, and whatever drinks I had that night were harder than I thought. I also didn't know that it's not a good idea to mix different kinds of drinks. Of course I got in a drunken stupor, and the last thing I remember doing was raving to my banging house music using someone's speaker. After that, well... I did end up puking. The next day I had no memory of what happened between the raving and the... you know. The guys said I made out with a girl, but I don't know if they were just messing with me or were telling the truth. They started calling me 'salsa' instead of my real name (even to this day), because apparently I wouldn't stop dancing. Actually, I happen to be a salsa and latin dancer, which they knew about before, however they've never seen my dance moves until that drunken stupor ;). So yeah, that's how I got my nickname.

I await the rest of you to share the face behind the name. Who's next? :p

Attachments

• 10370368_10152486770004371_4883046735352214116_n.jpg
    10370368_10152486770004371_4883046735352214116_n.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 878
Last edited:
I also think the post-Ford clean-up job or "restoration" will involve long, hard debates. It's no Control-Z to get undo and a rollback. Having other progressives on council is one positive force, but even choosing grown-up adults in wards that lean slightly right is necessary. The Ford Zoo was helped along in earlier days by shoe-goo like Minnan-Wong, Mams and FNunziata. That's gotta stop too. We can only hope the visibility of these clowns provided by the RoDoFo circus will help that happen.

Control-Alt-Delete would work better if it could be done.

So basically, he won't be doing a whole lot of work if he wins.

No, but that would have more to do with his and Dougie's work ethics, and not due to surgery or other chemicals floating in his system.

A stoma will not stop Rob from doing his supposed job, it will change his meal plans, curtail imbibing alcohol, and probably caffeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back