4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Lisi is out and Randy is the new sign guy:

Jonathan Goldsbie
‏@goldsbie
And here's one of Randy Ford blocking the eastbound bike lane:

Last edited:
If an extortionist drug dealer who was under investigation with the mayor who never met doug working on Doug's campaign is no big deal I don't even know what to say. You might be right though.

I don't disagree (except that Lisi won't be an actual extortionist until he's convicted at trial, assuming things go that way). My take is just that the viability of as story is predicated on how many people have been following Doug's comments about not knowing Sandro. There's certainly an audience for that here and in other places. In the bigger picture, not so much, IMO. I could see this showing in a "campaign notebook" type column in the mainstream outlets, but not much more than that. I could be entirely wrong, though.

Here's a pic of me from a few years ago. I'm in the middle row at the far side on the right
classpic.jpg

Attachments

• classpic.jpg
    classpic.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 955
That tag team editorial cartoon of Doug and Ms, Chow versus JT reminded be of Raging Bull.

Only now, Doug must stand alone in the ring.

After being beaten half to death by Sugar Ray Robinson, Jake is still standing. "Hey, Ray, I never went down, man! You never got me down, Ray! You hear me, you never got me down."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4SWbEC7EJk

Last edited:
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m2 minutes ago
"Doug is different than his brother," one woman says. Says she's supporting Ford. Says Rob has helped. "Maybe he will make a change."

She must have got her $20 today.

Sorry if this has been posted before:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/inside-ford-nation/

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/inside-ford-nation--iola-fortino-201413763.html
“We're just average people that want to be heard,†she says. “We have a voice, because the average person often times is not heard and with Ford Nation we feel our voices will be heard, we feel things will get done. The [Ford] supporters are good people, they cover all the different races, nobody excluded. … They're moral people. Ford Nation has helped every segment of society and every level.â€

It’s telling that Fortino assigns what she sees as political victories to Ford Nation rather than the Fords themselves. As she sees it, it’s all one thing.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ford-fest-180201171.html
When you’re a political commentator, people ask you about politics all the time. It comes with the territory.
Over the past couple of years, when travelling outside of Toronto, one of the questions I’m asked most often is ‘how the heck can someone like Rob Ford get elected as mayor of Toronto?’
I've sometimes tried to give an intellectual explanation about the intricacies of Toronto politics, about the city/suburban divide and how Toronto’s polarizing demographics have played a role.
But to be honest, not being from Toronto, I didn’t really understand it myself. I didn’t have a good answer to how Rob Ford – a city councillor with a history of controversies and allegations of racism, homophobia and alcohol abuse – could get promoted to be the mayor of Canada’s largest city.
With that question in mind, I jumped at the chance to attend the Ford Nation barbeque in Etobicoke last month.
I spoke to one dad, Dino Olivera, who stood next to his three boys donning a sign that read “My Family Supports Ford Nation.â€
I asked him if he was worried about Ford’s alcohol and drug abuse problems setting a bad example for his impressionable children.
“I’m teaching my kids how to save money," Olivera said. "It’s the Ford administration that’s doing that. It’s saving money for taxpayers. He’s doing a good job at city hall. Let him finish what he started.
“It is an issue where you teach your kids between right and wrong. Everybody has a bad habit or whatever. But we learn from ur mistakes. The main thing is staying together and supporting Ford Nation.â€

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m2 minutes ago
"Doug is different than his brother," one woman says. Says she's supporting Ford. Says Rob has helped. "Maybe he will make a change."

Living proof why, in my opinion, Crazy Town can't be trusted to elect our leader. Let the councillors go back to doing it, like they used to. They are the ones who have to work with the individual and probably know her / him better than we do.

Just my opinion, but it would save us a lot of grief.

TORONTO VOTES: Bed bug war off the radar in city despite being called an ‘epidemic’
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...ar-in-city-despite-being-called-an-epidemic-/

Last edited:
Mackay Taggart @mackaytaggart
#BREAKING Exclusive Global News/Ipsos Reid polling numbers out now has Tory (42%) 11 points ahead of Ford (31%). Chow sits at 25%. #TOpoli

A dead heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back