News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that meant as a joke? I didn't read it because I can't open paywalls, and too cheap to subscribe.

That would put Rob a heartbeat away from the pilot's seat.

That said, her dad, as he fights cancer, has been returned to the prestigious role of councillor — for Etobicoke North (Ward 2) — and he should have more time to not only walk her to school but walk her home, too.

If it’s any consolation for Stephanie, Ford Nation will always consider Rob Ford to be mayor. Like Julian Fantino is always, even by the prime minister, called “chief,” Ford will be called “mayor.”

Maybe even by Mayor-elect John Tory.

Tory could take it a step further as well. The next mayor has dropped hints that he plans to “put” Rob Ford “to work.” What about the idea of offering Ford a position as deputy mayor?

It would be the right thing to do. And a smart thing.

Ford represents Ford Nation which candidate Doug, carrying the banner with Rob too sick to go on, found is 331,000 strong. Rob Ford also won his old council seat easily. He is also the frugal councillor with a social conscience, an international celebrity and has worked hard at cleaning up his personal act.

Making Rob Ford a deputy mayor would be a gracious gesture from Tory, who is an old family friend and needs to make amends there. It would also work for Tory because he might want Ford inside his tent counting the pennies instead of being the lone wolf in opposition intent on exposing waste and building on the 331,000 votes for 2018.
Ask former mayor David Miller about that.

On the downside, there are a lot of media and establishment people wanting to punish Ford, and Tory may prefer to not share the spotlight with anybody.

Who could blame him? He won this election and it’s his mandate.

But, whether or not Ford would accept, it sure would be classy if Tory offered.

Last edited:
Just clear your history and cache and you are in!

Thanks, NYCBoy and Videodrome!

Rob is already on what I would describe as "modified duty". Let's see how active he is taking care of Ward 2 ( which he didn't even campaign for - skipped the debate ) and punching the clock at City Hall before promoting him to Deputy.

"What about the idea of offering Ford a position as deputy mayor?"

WTF? Warmington

Last edited:
Shoot. Looks like someone told Doug the nominations are still open. This was from last night, after Doug spoke to Sun News:

David Akin ‏@davidakin 20h20 hours ago
Doug Ford disappointed Ontario’s PC party cut off chance to get into leadership race before #topoli race done.

Good lord - McLeod and Elliott are totally going to kick him to the curb. Does Doug not realize that politics gets harder the higher you climb.

Good lord - McLeod and Elliott are totally going to kick him to the curb. Does Doug not realize that politics gets harder the higher you climb.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC party, which is already reeling, send him a message saying "NO THANKS!"

Just saw Doug on the CBC and he's going to think about running for the nomination. A guy less likeable than Hudak. Perfect.

Pilkey is in my ward; on Sunday I got a robocall from Peggy Nash's office endorsing her; I'll think she'll be fine.

Just saw Doug on the CBC and he's going to think about running for the nomination. A guy less likeable than Hudak. Perfect.

I have to admit I'm a bit excited about the possibility. Let the PCPO, which stood silently by while the Fords did their best to destroy Toronto, get their own taste of the cheating, lying, and policy-free ambitions of Doug Ford.

He'd be a big risk for the party. Who knows what else could come out about him or his family?

Don't they have to pass a vetting process to get a provincial or federal endorsement? Not to mention the high fee.

In Toronto anybody with one or two hundred bucks can get their names on the ballot, no questions asked. Some people do it as a joke.

Doug Ford on the phone with Tory: "John, you know, first of all, congratulations. We've left this city in phenomenal financial shape, don't bleep it up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back